PDA

View Full Version : lets all whack the trail builders

Oliver.
27-11-2006, 05:52 PM
degenerate pricks...no sense of respect

trail attitudes are getting worse and worse....lets all slam on illegal trail builders...obviously they have no idea

mpdowling
27-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Fantastick! looking forward to comming out, pleeaassee put up more pics :)

Daver
27-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Trail Building:
Legal trail building discussion.

You might want to delete the thread...

Oliver.
27-11-2006, 08:51 PM
You might want to delete the thread...

bite me .

sammydog
27-11-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm with daver, if its not legal, don't go crying when it comes down.

Oliver.
27-11-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm with daver, if its not legal, don't go crying when it comes down.

never said I would?

sammydog
27-11-2006, 08:57 PM
I'll remember that next time you rant about your trail be trashed or modified.

Daver
27-11-2006, 09:10 PM
degenerate pricks...no sense of respect

trail attitudes are getting worse and worse....lets all slam on illegal trail builders...obviously they have no idea

No sense of respect?

FFS, you're the one building illegally and advertising it, not me. You whined about it last time your trails got knocked down, why can't you take a hint and try and pursue legal channels of getting land. Its like headbutting a brick wall...

johnny
27-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Olly, I suggest you pull your head in about now.

Rik
27-11-2006, 09:23 PM
I love shit threads! :rolleyes:
Forum attitudes are getting worse and worse, let's slam on inane posters!

Oliver.
27-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah mate, only reason im building illegaly is because there simply are NO other options around here! There are plenty of legal DH trails, and communities looking after them, but theres no place for well groomed freeride trails that everyone can enjoy. Why? clubs dont as of yet put in the effort in supporting the cause.....I dont blame them for doing so, after all many of them are DHers themselves, and this dirty divide seems to be pushing the wrong envelope....the fuck huckers attitude has caught a lot of people offside, even though there is a very strong but quiet push toward slopestyle riding.

The only reason I post stuff like this is so that some people can actually see, wow, people ARE actually building smooth new-school trails! Instead of being put out on rough tracks, I, and others, have taken the effort into building their own trails.

Of course they are illegal. GET the fuck over it.....it will keep going and I'm not about to stop building. illegal trails wouldnt exist if we had a place to build them legit! Its time for people to realise that there are some of us that like to push the envelope in other aspects of the sport.

Part of the reason I pushed for this whole forum area was because I thought it might be a way of slowly convincing the general community that trails, and maintaining sustainable ones help bring out the good sides of MTB

All we see here are the bad sides; ruined trails, cheap shots and the high and mighty attitude to builders. I thought it might be nice to post something positive, a good step forward on a trail I have put countless hours into maintaining. Obviously people don't respect trail builders anymore than they ever used to.

Go on, take your cheap shots, but when you ride down an ILLEGAL trail, as you inevitably will given the stance of council attitudes, just think who spent the countless hours behind the shovel building it for YOU to ride.

Dim
27-11-2006, 09:42 PM
I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Trail Builders dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal except roadies."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of NSW the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to huck on legal trails.

I have a dream that one day even the state of NSW, a state sweltering with the heat of illegal trails, sweltering with the heat of winging e-fights, will be transformed into an oasis of LEGAL trails.

I have a dream today.

new custom title for olly? Olly Luthur King?

:rolleyes:

:p

bulllet
27-11-2006, 09:44 PM
I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Trail Builders dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal except roadies."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of NSW the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to huck on legal trails.

I have a dream that one day even the state of NSW, a state sweltering with the heat of illegal trails, sweltering with the heat of winging e-fights, will be transformed into an oasis of LEGAL trails.

I have a dream today.

new custom title for olly? Olly Luthur King?

:rolleyes:

:p

What are you smoking tonight?

Binaural
27-11-2006, 09:46 PM
I think olly1oo6 has a reasonable point here.

While legal trails are desirable, often enough trails become legal after the fact because of the fact of their existence. There are very few trails around Sydney that I know of that are both legal and fun to ride. Most of the trails I am thinking of exist due to either apathy from the landowner or because they are soon to be redeveloped and security costs are too high, or because the trails are well hidden.

Let's face it, riders don't bring a lot of benefits to a private landowner, unless you count litter, potential litigation risks and allowing uncontrolled access to the property. Councils don't like us for much the same reason, and especially since as a group we are not widely loved by some other user groups, notably walkers.

Not being especially argumentative here, but without illegal trails we would probably have very few legal ones either.

Dim
Sounded like a good idea in my head :) , im just tried lol

Oliver.
haha nice...but I think everyone thinks im too much of an asshole:p

Johnny, Rik, quick question, Have you ever ridden Oxford falls? what about Red Hill.....they are pretty local to both of you, and I'm preeety sure that you both do or have enjoyed them at some stage....I find it a bit ironic that you can consider yourselves above it, if you are content riding ILLEGAL trails that OTHERS have built, yourselves.

johnny
27-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Olly, get a grip.

I couldn't give a shit about the il/legal trails issue. I'm telling you not to go off and have E-dummy spits on the public forum, of the likes you had in the last Black Betty thread. Simple stuff dude.

Rik
27-11-2006, 09:51 PM
I find it a bit ironic that you can consider yourselves above itWhen the trails we ride start having relevance to the way you carry on online, then things will change... until then, drop the hissyfits and princess behaviour eh ;)

edit: haha, shit I'm slow tonight, it's a one armed mod against one armed mod in the race to post, looks like Johnny's got the practise down :)

Oliver.
27-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Olly, get a grip.

I couldn't give a shit about the il/legal trails issue. I'm telling you not to go off and have E-dummy spits on the public forum, of the likes you had in the last Black Betty thread. Simple stuff dude.

BTW, I've ridden O/F and L/R once each. I think they suck.

Fine, but first look at how this thread STARTED; I wouldn't be annoyed for no reason would I?

johnny
27-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Fine, but first look at how this thread STARTED; I wouldn't be annoyed for no reason would I?
You made the first (semi) abusive post.

I've got a new suggestion for you..., STOP FUCKING ARGUING!

Mojo
27-11-2006, 09:56 PM
i think its a real issue, one i have been considering. maybe not the write way to go about it if your gonna be so upfront about comments, but im with you. trail building attitudes are getting worst and worst. and i think we have mainly ourselves to blame. most of the stuff i know my mates have been building is there because they are learning and so is everyone else. i think we need to consider more organisations towards the building and establishments of good trails where people can see how to do it, gather tips, and hopefully if there are enough good trails out there there will be no need for the younger or inexperienced kids to build crap

Daver
27-11-2006, 09:57 PM
The whole reason we're arguing here is that this forum is clearly for LEGAL trailbuilding. Yours is not, so don't f**king post. It just makes you sound stupid.

sammydog
27-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah mate, only reason im building illegaly is because there simply are NO other options around here! There are plenty of legal DH trails, and communities looking after them, but theres no place for well groomed freeride trails that everyone can enjoy. Why? clubs dont as of yet put in the effort in supporting the cause.....I dont blame them for doing so, after all many of them are DHers themselves, and this dirty divide seems to be pushing the wrong envelope....the fuck huckers attitude has caught a lot of people offside, even though there is a very strong but quiet push toward slopestyle riding.

The only reason I post stuff like this is so that some people can actually see, wow, people ARE actually building smooth new-school trails! Instead of being put out on rough tracks, I, and others, have taken the effort into building their own trails.

Of course they are illegal. GET the fuck over it.....it will keep going and I'm not about to stop building. illegal trails wouldnt exist if we had a place to build them legit! Its time for people to realise that there are some of us that like to push the envelope in other aspects of the sport.

Part of the reason I pushed for this whole forum area was because I thought it might be a way of slowly convincing the general community that trails, and maintaining sustainable ones help bring out the good sides of MTB

All we see here are the bad sides; ruined trails, cheap shots and the high and mighty attitude to builders. I thought it might be nice to post something positive, a good step forward on a trail I have put countless hours into maintaining. Obviously people don't respect trail builders anymore than they ever used to.

Go on, take your cheap shots, but when you ride down an ILLEGAL trail, as you inevitably will given the stance of council attitudes, just think who spent the countless hours behind the shovel building it for YOU to ride.

Olly, you criticise clubs over and over for not running to the cause of freeride. Well our club and all the clubs I know of, supply what their members want. When it comes to trail creation and access, we build what the member want.

If you want a club to cater for you and your needs, get involved and change it from the inside.

Canb't be bothered doing that, then don't complain about clubs and what they provide.

NSWMTB has a freeride rep, have you tried contacting him??

But back to the more important topic of illegal trails.

The only person I see really pushing a divide between people (DH V's freeride) is you and your attitude that everything you do is for the benifit of the sport (not to mention the constant criticism of all existing trails). Open your eyes and look past your own needs, what you do by building where and when you want is not good for the long term susatinability of the sport.

There is a lot of people doing a lot of work to advocate for legal trail access (including freeride) but for everybit of good gain we get with various authorities, a lot of time is waisted trying to expain the works of illegal trail builders. This leads to distrust by the authorities that we won't continue to build illegally when land is dedicated to trails.

I would love more trails to ride (most of them my way are closed and some legal ones look like going that way as well), but building more and advertising them is not the way forward.

I realise this post was probably a complete waste of time and you will dismiss it as it doesn't align with your opinion on what YOU should be allowed to do.

Like I sid in my earlier post, don't go crying when it comes down.

Oliver.
27-11-2006, 10:02 PM
The whole reason we're arguing here is that this forum is clearly for LEGAL trailbuilding. Yours is not, so don't f**king post. It just makes you sound stupid.

I think if anybody should stop arguing it should be you, YOU posted a negative response in what could have been a perfectly good thread, not me.

sammydog, please go to the trouble of READING my post again, especially this part:
I dont blame them for doing so, after all many of them are DHers themselves...

Daver
27-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I think if anybody should stop arguing it should be you, YOU posted a negative response in what could have been a perfectly good thread, not me.

Are you for real?

Oliver.
27-11-2006, 10:05 PM
You made the first (semi) abusive post.

I've got a new suggestion for you..., STOP FUCKING ARGUING!

umm what, are we calling a post about new stuff on a trail abusive?

johnny
27-11-2006, 10:07 PM
No, the bite me comment set the trend for the rest of this thread.

Now, take the rest of the night off and contemplate what "stop arguing means".

johnny
27-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Okay, this is deadset deja vu and we're all over it.

olly has taken the rest of the night off and I think this thread should be put to bed too.