Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pawn shops that deal in bikes: Sydney area

Default Pawn shops that deal in bikes: Sydney area

In my mission to get my bike back, and I WILL get that bike back , I'm doing research on all the pawn shops in the Sydney area that deal with bikes, since many pawn shops don't. I'm hoping we can make a repository of pawn shops that are known dealers in bikes here. This one is for the Sydney area... feel free to make a thread for your particular location... I'll sticky it for you.

If you could, could you put the area first, followed by the name of pawn shop, the address, and hopefully any other details about the bikes you saw there (or any other relevant details). Any entries added here I'll put in this first post to make it easy to check.

So the next time you walk past a pawn shop, take a quick peek inside to see if they're selling any bikes. If they are, post it up here, even if it's the name and/or location. This will probably be a HUGE help to anyone who's lost a bike. Thanks!

I'll get it started.

Area: GLEBE
    Name: Broadway Loan
    Address: University Hall Glebe NSW 2037
    Phone: (02) 9571 8118
    Notes: Saw two bikes there. Low-end... each probably not worth more than $300.

Area: Kings Cross, Bondi, Neutral Bay, Randwick
    Name: Happy Hockers
    My bike was bought there after it was stolen from Sydney University.

Area: Parramatta
    Name: Cash Converters
    Address: Near the corner of Macquarie and Church St.
    Last edited by Techno Destructo; 03-05-2008 at 02:38 PM.
    One less car.

Default Pawn Shops in Greater Brisbane Area

I have started calling up all Pawn Shops in the greater Brisbane area to get their fax numbers. I first did a search on yellowpages to get the numbers of all pawn shops and addresses. Because yellow pages don't quote fax numbers I have to call everyone of them (about 60-70!). Anyway, I made up a one page pdf with a photo of my Kona Bear stolen from South Bank 3 weeks ago and was going to fax it to every pawn shop via www.mbox.com.au I was just going to notify every pawn shop of my stolen bike so if they bought it off someone I could perhaps buy it back. (mbox is a website where you create an account and pre-pay to send a pdf from email to any fax in Australia for 18cents. Saves going to Officeworks and paying $1.20 per fax). Anyway, I don't have time to call every damned pawn shop during business hours and get their fax, so it may take some time. If I get the list I will post it. AND LOCK YOUR BIKES UP WITH MULTIPLE LOCKS! EVEN AT HOME!

Area: Kings Cross
    Name: Happy Hockers

My bike was bought there after it was stolen from Sydney University.

Area: Parramatta
    Name: Cash Converters
    Address: Near the corner of Macquarie and Church St.

Have seen some decent bikes in there such as a Specialized P3.
    Last edited by johnny; 21-04-2008 at 05:59 PM.
    Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver.
    Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys given thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down.

Quite a few Pawn Brokers/Loan Offices from in and around Sydney regularly auction their goods (including bikes) at this place: http://www.combinedauctions.com/forthcoming.php
    They usually have one or two Pawn Brokers/Loan Offices auctions every week. I've personally seen some very nice bikes auctioned there.
    In the past they have also had a few auctions for the Police's Unclaimed Goods/Stolen Property.

A Kona Roast plus a couple of cheapish Giants and a GT were auctioned yesterday.
    Last edited by cobba; 22-04-2008 at 02:13 AM.

Just wondering if anyone knew what happens if you happen to find your bike at one of the pawn shops. What right do we have to get it back, surely you shouldn't have to buy back your bike!!And wouldn't these shops be liable for purchasing stolen goods?

n. A place where something is or could be located; a site.

You call the police and they'll sort it for you, provided you can prove it's yours. Don't expect the pawn shop people to be cooperative.

Happened to me with a guitar. They hocked it at one of like 4 pawn shops in Toowoomba. Idiot.

I engrave stuff with a police ID, but noone wants to engrave their bike. Make sure you have insurance photos, including a photo of the serial number on the frame, and specific detailed photos of aftermarket parts. That should cover it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dh damo View Post
    bogans are good well better then lebos and all them asian gangs

Default More Pawn Shops that deal in bikes

Basically every "Cash Converters" I have ever been in has bikes so here is a list of all of them in Sydney. (I shall be doing a tour over the weekend looking for my baby) I was also talking to a guy that used to run a bike shop at Liverpool and he told me they often had people turning up with bikes that had been stolen from other areas.

CASH COVERTERS
    Blacktown
    Shop 2, 107 Main Street, Blacktown, NSW 2148
    Phone No. (02) 9621-5022
    Facsimile No: (02) 9621-5133 (There is also another hock shop across the road that sometimes has bikes)

Bondi Junction
    71 Ebley Street, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022
    Phone No. (02) 9387-3911
    Facsimile No: (02) 9387-3054

Burwood
    138 Burwood Road, Burwood , NSW 2134
    Phone No. (02) 9747-1166
    Facsimile No: (02) 9747-0637

Fairfield
    Fairfield Chase Shopping Centre, 25 Smart Street, Fairfield, NSW 2165
    Phone No. (02) 9728-3299
    Facsimile No: (02) 9754-1510

Liverpool
    2/387 Macquarie Street, Liverpool, NSW 2170
    Phone No. (02) 9600-8922
    Facsimile No: (02) 9600-8064

Mt. Druitt
    Shop42, Shop Smart, Zoe Place, Mt. Druitt, NSW 2770
    Phone No. (02) 9832-0400
    Facsimile No: (02) 9832-0972

Parramatta
    300 Church Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150
    Phone No. (02) 9687-0800
    Facsimile No: (02) 9635-7051

Penrith
    513-519 High Street, Penrith, NSW 2750
    Phone No. (02) 4721-7111
    Facsimile No: (02) 4721-1740

Rockdale
    Shop 1, 469 Princes Highway, Rockdale , NSW 2216
    Phone No. (02) 9599-5555
    Facsimile No: (02) 9599-4205

There is also a shop on Liverpool Rd, Ashfield that always has a couple of bikes in it.

Hope this helps someone

Obviously guys positng in this thread have experienced a stolen bike. Myself inclduded :(.

There's a pawn shop in Redfern corner of Elizabeth and Redfern Street. That's my contribution to this thread. I need another 4 to get trading access to replace my stolen bike.

I live in Waterloo and my beloved got flogged from the back of my place. Mother F***ers. That's my sorry arse story.
    I saw my mate the other day, He said he saw the white Pele,
    So I asked what was his name, He said his name was Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, He went by the name of Wayne Rooney!

Don't forget Cashtraders in DeeWhy

Most Pawnbrokers will probably sell bikes, here's a list with over 120 of them from all over Sydney: Sydney Pawnbrokers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast