Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 265 of 283 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 2829

Thread: You Yangs MTB Park

Quote Originally Posted by ADD View Post
    Aah Dave the Brown snake. I see him up there every so often. He's usually pretty scared of anything that comes near him anyway. It's the Tiger snakes that have the bad attitudes usually.
    Judging by the extended period of hissing and volume i would say he was alittle nervous of my mate standing near him. The fact he hissed rather than attacked makes me think he is fairly tolerant and sees lots of big hairy blokes. I have met many tigers along the Yarra over the years and must say their reaction has been mixed.

one of those boys your mother warned you about Toxicity's Avatar

G'day guys, I've been out of riding for a couple of years and have just brought another bike, just wondering If you guys still do the ride days each month?

Default Changes to Track 2

Today the new section of Track 2 (Stockyards inner loop) was opened. This is on the north side of the dam. The section was re-aligned as the original section was becoming unsustainable and also to allow for better linking to the new track 3 that is about to be re-build.

Currently track 3 (Dam View) is a short 300m track that links the management road and the Stockyards inner loop. When finished this track will be around 2km in length and start from the highest point on the management road and link into the new section of track 2. The track will be built in a similar style to the recently completed track 4 (Rockwell Run) and retain its green circle “Easy” classification.

The new section of track 2 will still be a little soft but with some regular wheels over it will harden up nicely.

Enjoy
    Last edited by YouYangsMTBinc; 10-04-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    You Yangs MTB Inc. crew
    www.youyangsmtbinc.com.au

Having ventured out there yesterday for the first time in over a year, I must say the changes so far are pretty damn excellent. All MTB parks in Australia should have their own You Yangs crew.

Myself and those riding with me had one question we were wondering about - is there any plans to have an easy-ish but relatively quick climb from the bottom of Cressy/Travs area back to the top? Kind of like the climb to the top of Red Carpet in Forrest ... more interesting than a fireroad climb, but not so interesting as to have people wanting to ride down it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_powered View Post
    Myself and those riding with me had one question we were wondering about - is there any plans to have an easy-ish but relatively quick climb from the bottom of Cressy/Travs area back to the top? Kind of like the climb to the top of Red Carpet in Forrest ... more interesting than a fireroad climb, but not so interesting as to have people wanting to ride down it.
    Is there such a thing as an "easy-ish but relatively quick climb"?

I would have thought Rockwell Run (hell the KOM is under 5 mins), Lactic Acid (KOM is under 4 mins) or the Fireroad next to Cressy covered this pretty nicely?
    Successful trades: johnny, cruz, chase1, Scott101, dilstubs, espo, JEBBS, CrazyJoe, Link, Cúl-Báire, sedifus, orangedog, Big JD, morkz_media, heisenberg, bodgemeister, Rem, angrybadger, daz10, snakeo85, bgarry, battletoaster, steve24, hensleyspain, ChopSticks, takai, hifiandmtb, hathill, creaky, Ecka_Bx

Quote Originally Posted by cleeshoy View Post
    Is there such a thing as an "easy-ish but relatively quick climb"?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by cleeshoy View Post
    I would have thought Rockwell Run (hell the KOM is under 5 mins), Lactic Acid (KOM is under 4 mins) or the Fireroad next to Cressy covered this pretty nicely?
    I'm sorry, I don't immediately know what you're referring to when you say KOM. A quick Google leads me to think you may mean 'King of Mountain'? If so, then those are some great KOM times that I am absolutely certain I will never, ever, come close to beating such is my distaste of climbing.

Hence my question. About the possibility of an easy-ish but relatively quick climbing track. But near the end of those 2 runs I mentioned. And one which is more interesting than the fireroad.

Never mind.

Just roll with what's out there. You will eventually get your times down.
    I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me.

Yeah seriously go ride some real climbs and that fire road climb at the youies will make you wonder what the fuss was about.

Quote Originally Posted by YouYangsMTBinc View Post
    Today the new section of Track 2 (Stockyards inner loop) was opened. This is on the north side of the dam. The section was re-aligned as the original section was becoming unsustainable and also to allow for better linking to the new track 3 that is about to be re-build.

Currently track 3 (Dam View) is a short 300m track that links the management road and the Stockyards inner loop. When finished this track will be around 2km in length and start from the highest point on the management road and link into the new section of track 2. The track will be built in a similar style to the recently completed track 4 (Rockwell Run) and retain its green circle “Easy” classification.

The new section of track 2 will still be a little soft but with some regular wheels over it will harden up nicely.

Enjoy

Just to let everyone know that track 3 will be CLOSED for the duration of the rebuild. Please respect any barries and track closed signs that you see as you ride the trails. The top of Boulder run (Track 9) can still be accessed by the management road from the shelter shed at Drysdale Road carpark. The management track continues around the out perimiter of the park and offers some good climbing oportunities to link back into the other trails at the top of the hill.
    You Yangs MTB Inc. crew
    www.youyangsmtbinc.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by YouYangsMTBinc View Post
    Just to let everyone know that track 3 will be CLOSED for the duration of the rebuild. Please respect any barries and track closed signs that you see as you ride the trails. The top of Boulder run (Track 9) can still be accessed by the management road from the shelter shed at Drysdale Road carpark. The management track continues around the out perimiter of the park and offers some good climbing oportunities to link back into the other trails at the top of the hill.
    Really loving all the new works on tracks 4 and 2 and now 3. They just flow so well. Great work guys.

Page 265 of 283 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast