Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 303 of 331 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3302

Thread: Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

just under 6ft I believe

If anyone can link me to a really good body fat % calculator, I'd be stoked.
    I've tried a couple of different ones, and I've gotten various results, because although I have 7 measurements, the tests only use 3-4.
    The measurements I have are:
    Bicep, tricep, subscapular, abs, suprailiac, thigh, calf.

If there is a 7-site one that uses all of these, I'd love to know about it. Or at least something close.
    Thanks guys.
    Resident Lurker.

With callipers I'm assuming?

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

That's what I used but I could never take the measurements right.
    '04 Santacruz BLUR. :: Santacruz Nomad v2

Farkin.net <-

Yeah, callipers done by somebody else.

I tried that site, got a full 4% difference between the Jackson/Pollock 4 point and the Durnin/Womersley 4 point.
    Fuuuuuuuuu.
    Resident Lurker.

Senior Member syphon_the_python's Avatar

Just received Harbinger belt and straps in the mail. Keen to try out my deadlift 1RM, am shooting for 160-170kg in the next week or so.

(Yes, I realise that straps are "cheating" but I'm not training for a powerlifting contest).

In other news, saw a bloke benching 47.5kg dumbells yesterday.

Senior Member Mywifesirrational's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by @nDr3w View Post
    If anyone can link me to a really good body fat % calculator, I'd be stoked.
    I've tried a couple of different ones, and I've gotten various results, because although I have 7 measurements, the tests only use 3-4.
    The measurements I have are:
    Bicep, tricep, subscapular, abs, suprailiac, thigh, calf.

If there is a 7-site one that uses all of these, I'd love to know about it. Or at least something close.
    Thanks guys.
    If your really serious about getting the best measurement possible, get a DEXA scan/

http://www.bodyscan.com.au/

Its not cheap, but its the best possible way to measure fat, muscle and bone density, we have one at work i sneak into every 6 months or so. Probably cheaper places around that do it.

Quote Originally Posted by syphon_the_python View Post
    Just received Harbinger belt and straps in the mail. Keen to try out my deadlift 1RM, am shooting for 160-170kg in the next week or so.

(Yes, I realise that straps are "cheating" but I'm not training for a powerlifting contest).

have a really good go at farmers walks with a towel over the grips, towel chin ups and plate pinches. 170 is easily achievable without straps!

my training partner benches 60 kg dumbells. Thats the largest our gym has

then again, his best bar bench is 160.

Benching that heavy with dumbells is impressive. I managed 5 reps with 35 and It felt like I was doing 100. Trying not to drop them on your face first rep is the hardest part.

Quote Originally Posted by Mywifesirrational View Post
    If your really serious about getting the best measurement possible, get a DEXA scan/

http://www.bodyscan.com.au/

Its not cheap, but its the best possible way to measure fat, muscle and bone density, we have one at work i sneak into every 6 months or so. Probably cheaper places around that do it.
    I've read about those. The cost is way too constricting for a poor-arse uni student like me to justify. Besides, I'm not that serious, I'd just like a good indication from the info I have. But thanks. One day, when I'm ballin'...

Quote Originally Posted by syphon_the_python View Post
    One of my old training partners used to press the 55kg's for reps... but could barely squat 100kg and deadlift 130kg. I gave him so much shit for it. Steroids are only as good as the person using them.

Oh, and straps suck. They're like masturbation - it may feel good at the time, but in the end, you're only fucking yourself
    Resident Lurker.

Senior Member Mywifesirrational's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by @nDr3w View Post
    I've read about those. The cost is way too constricting for a poor-arse uni student like me to justify. Besides, I'm not that serious, I'd just like a good indication from the info I have. But thanks. One day, when I'm ballin'...
    What uni are you at? most with a human physiology dept. or health based degrees will have one, and generally will let students in for a small fee or non at all. RMIT used to let students use it for free as it added information to their data base, which they used as control data for studies.

Page 303 of 331 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast