Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool, Old Skool,trick and interesting motorcycle thread

When my old man used to talk up old school flat-track I used to think "Pffft yeah...sure thing old man. I bet they house some old pump motor, assemble some sort of pulley and power some wheels" type of thing. But, after seeing various flat track vids and assorted other motocross vids (any given sunday being a stand out)- it's all mucho respecto.

I'm also keen to see the bike Eddie Mulder used to take out last years pikes peak on. It was a 69 Bonneville Trump I believe. Anyone got pics etc?
    The worst thing about censorship is ████████

Double Post.

Some nice bikes there Nick, I've got a few more pics of that Kwaka also. Didn't think you'd be the type to like Cafe` Bobbers though!

Few assorted bikes. Don't hit me up for info as my bike knowledge is pretty dire!

Personal Favourite!

The worst thing about censorship is ████████

I know I'm getting old when this thread gives me major horn. Never liked these before, but now...

slip i must warn you, it's not to late to turn back and adopt the squid mindset, that anything older then last years model is a pile of crap.

if you think mountain bikes are expensive think again, classic bikes will rape and pillage your wallet and bank account as well as this they begin to fill your brain with useless information such as cylinder configurations, names of famous turns at the isle of mann..... my dad buys all the classic bike mags on the market then reads them all cover to cover a dozen times each in anticipation for the next one. the other night he came up to me with two different British magazines, in both of them was the same add for a classic motorcycle dealership advertising a dozen or-so bikes it had for sale, same add in both mags but each bike had different prices in each magazine he'd discovered. he's fricken mad now, i'm gonna have to take him round the back and shoot him like old yeller.
    everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet.

Late 1970's at Mortlake, Victoria; my old man is 79 on what looks to be a Montesa Cappra. Track is a natural terrain mx track in an extinct volcano, they've run a few vintage MX revivals there in the past few years.

Check out that flowing, loamy circuit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.

He didnt happen to help out Ronald McDonald in that outfit as well did he??:D
    IN-KON-SEE-VA-BULL

Quote Originally Posted by Breaka View Post

these images should be taken down.. there are kiddies to protect..

that is a serious weapon....

it is a KH750 stroker with a box section swing arm?

just found the details and apparently it was sold on ebay..... not to spanky
    Quote Originally Posted by harmonix1234 View Post
    If the ol dudes see me a lickin' my steed on the trail head, they be knowin. Respect.

Tunturi Pappa mopo.
    Pressed steel frame goodness and 50cc of arm shredding power.
    Made in Finland, of course.
    Kids are the best people.

I like how the motor looks like the bastard offspring of a vintage espresso machine and a bacon slicer.

Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert E Howard

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

I love the simple yet elegant styling of this old Honda, pity it's only 450cc though.
    Makes you wonder how the later CB250 became so ugly when they were able to do this kind of thing back in the 60's.

Here is one of my favourite bikes of all time, the 1100 Katana.
    I soooo wanted one of these when i was younger and still do as a matter of fact.
    Has anyone got a pic of the monoshocked/upside down forked Katana that featured in Performance Streetbike mag about a decade ago?
    Last edited by Pete J; 31-01-2009 at 05:59 AM.
    Kids are the best people.

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast