Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sidecars - Racing

Default Sidecars - Racing

Hey

Is there anyone on this site that rides either Speedway or Flat track Side cars.. I'm not talking the ones you ride on the road.. i'm talking about the ones that go around in a circuit with ambulances on the side for when people fall off LOL.

Let us know where u are, how u got a hold of one and ur experiences..
    I'm just interested to see how many of us are out there?

it's actually a pre-requisite to have cahones as big as grapefruit to race those, scrutineers will get the verniers out before each race.

try these links:

• the Townsville Motorcycle Club has regular racing i think, look them up
    everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet.

oh i think i've misread, your not looking to get into sidecar racing because you race already

i saw some classic sidecar racing at the island in january, you couldn't pay me enough to hop on the back of one of them. machos respect to you and your kind.

hey Mlsred did you see that gixxer sidecar at the little river TT parade lap?
    i've got MP3 audio (recorded with an iPod mic) of it doing a 100m rolling burnout. what a savage machine.
    everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet.

You have to be certifiably mentally ill to race any sort of sidecar. Road-race, flat track, speedway, moto-x or enduro.

Actually, make that ride one on the road too.

There was an awesome episode of "Biker Challenge" where the host had to go to Russia to get trained up by the local Ural expert so he could compete in a British enduro on a Ural outfit.

A Ural is a Russian copy of a WWII BMW, by the way.

The actual enduro he competed in was absolutely hilarious, in a christ this is way off the dangerous scale sort of way.

Oh yeah, beards are compulsory, even for the women. The sidcar people were always at me to do a training day with them, but I'm too chicken. A mate did it and told me it was the most frightening thing he'd ever done.
    There used to be a guy who road raced them with PCRA that used to post here a while back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert E Howard

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skivi View Post
    oh i think i've misread, your not looking to get into sidecar racing because you race already

i saw some classic sidecar racing at the island in january, you couldn't pay me enough to hop on the back of one of them. machos respect to you and your kind.

hey Mlsred did you see that gixxer sidecar at the little river TT parade lap?
    i've got MP3 audio (recorded with an iPod mic) of it doing a 100m rolling burnout. what a savage machine.
    not sure if it was the gixxer but me and dad where 2 up on his rocket 3 (old one not those horrid triumphs) and we were following a couple of guys on a sidecar, going down what used to be the back straight he was lying down, standing right up and dancing, it was the funniest thing to watch.

After I get myself sorted with racing my bikes me and one of my mates will hopefully be racing his dads A10 outfit that his dad and my dad used to race on.

I've wanted to race sidecars since the first time dad took me to the classic races, I was 5 or 6 at the time but hey it looked fun then and it still does now so why not. You only live once may as well enjoy ourselves while we're here

EDIT: speaking about savage machines check out the vincent drag bike at the end of a video, amazingly the thing did get louder (crap camera mic) but I ran out of room on the camera, theres a few other vids of my bikes on there to
    Last edited by mlsred; 27-02-2009 at 01:59 PM.
    today is the tomorrow you were shitting yourself about yesterday

BITE ME JOHNNY

I've swung on junior and senior speedway and dirt track sidecars, and had a swing on a roadrace outfit.
    Line my pockets with cash!

Talking

Lol...
    So have any of you seen the racing around North Queensland, and is this where i tell you i know of 7 men over the age of 50 still racing them... LOL.. and they are home made bikes.. you cant buy any premade ones around here anymore.. and well my bro and i are getting in on the action but no fun in racing family... I was hoping to see if there were some peeps around here that would be up for livening the action for us. LOL

I myself have ridden a few times mainly riding.. swining is my little bros thing..

LOL except if ur going to swing please remember the unwritten rule up here LOL.. let me know if the rule is the same with u guys.

If the swinger falls of the rider has the right to go back and run over him/her.

I have never seen it happen but you know LOL.. might one day.

I must say i've never seen a sidecar do motox. I didnt even know they created suspension for it but if u got vid footage that would be funny to watch.. i'll post pics of some of the bikes ASAP

Ta

hey mate sounds like alot of fun, riding with your brother would be a good way to start that way you can talk about mistakes and make each other better all the time not just once in a blue moon when you do get to the track.

And as a side note you should write responses on farkin with a bit of effort into grammar and what ever you do, don't write LOL at the end of every sentence, i'm not having a go at you i'm just pre warning you (even though it says in the rules no msn speak) there are alot of people here who are more than willing to dish it out to you for things like grammar, msn speak etc mainly moderators who don't look to kindly upon msn speak

your grammar doesn't have to be perfect (i'm sure mines not) but just a bit of effort and no one will be on your back, anyway happy riding

BITE ME JOHNNY

Quote Originally Posted by hottie08 View Post
    Lol...

I must say i've never seen a sidecar do motox. I didnt even know they created suspension for it but if u got vid footage that would be funny to watch.. i'll post pics of some of the bikes ASAP

Ta
    Sidcarcross.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1D5EYOMPPA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ3j6-l2HTI

Mental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert E Howard

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

holey jeebus! thats nuts, gets me thinking though they have sidecars in classic scrambles, I wonder what an A10 with bigger suspension and knobbies would do?

the list of things to do before I die just keeps getting bigger

BITE ME JOHNNY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast