Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carolyn McKinlay R.I.P.

Hybrid View

Where I always am, at home with the Possum!

Default Carolyn McKinlay R.I.P.

Although it is not my place, I feel that the Mountain Biking community should be aware that Carolyn McKinlay who was, with her husband David, one of CORC's DH Co-ordinators, passed away last week at the extremely young age of 46.
    Many of you may not know her but you would have been the beneficiary of both her and her huband David's tireless work, along with others, preparing Mt Stromlo for Club, State, National and International Races.
    She was the face of compassion, care, kindness and handled all that was put in her hands with good grace and humour.
    Many of you would have been patched up and/or put back onto your bikes by her. If you were down she would be there with the cheery word and a smile encouraging you to go on.
    Mountain Biking and especially Canberra mountain biking, has lost a truly wonderful and dedicated person who volunteered selflessly and worked in the background to make sure that our races went off smoothly including this years WORLD CHAMPS.
    Please keep the family, her husband David and her two boys, in your thoughts. The world is a much poorer place for her passing.
    :(
    For those of you who can't put her name to the face I have attached two photos of her at the request of WSMTBVP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mtbmamma; 03-06-2009 at 05:37 PM.
    Transport and Catering
    DON'T UPSET ME, I'M RUNNING OUT OF PLACES TO HIDE THE BODIES!

Thats terrible news.

May peace come to her family and friends, futhermore may Carolyn rest in eternal peace.
    Kurt, Krist and Dave...

There will be a memorial service on Friday 5 June at Yarralumla behind the nursery. 10:30 for 11am

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...h&z=20&iwloc=A

Apologies mtbmamma, I had a thread up saying that she had had a stroke but had neglected to update it when she passed away. As you may appreciate there's a lot of folks who are still stunned that someone who has been so much of a rock to so many of us is no longer here.
    I don't bounce like I used to...

Where I always am, at home with the Possum!

Quote Originally Posted by FR Drew View Post
    There will be a memorial service on Friday 5 June at Yarralumla behind the nursery. 10:30 for 11am

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...h&z=20&iwloc=A

Apologies mtbmamma, I had a thread up saying that she had had a stroke but had neglected to update it when she passed away. As you may appreciate there's a lot of folks who are still stunned that someone who has been so much of a rock to so many of us is no longer here.
    I know and I'm one of them. Thank you. Where is your thread please?
    Transport and Catering
    DON'T UPSET ME, I'M RUNNING OUT OF PLACES TO HIDE THE BODIES!

Quote Originally Posted by mtbmamma View Post
    I know and I'm one of them. Thank you. Where is your thread please?
    http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173277
    I don't bounce like I used to...

I remember Carolyn when we would go to Canberra to race. We always would say how lovely Carolyn is, she was always smiling, always helpful and would often take the time to say hello. She would often come and talk to Rhys and I always thought that was great. She was a lovely, lovely, lady and will be sadly missed by all.

My condolences to her family. She will be sadly missed not only in Canberra but in Queensland as well.
    Rhys Willemse Blog: www.rhyswillemse.blogspot.com
    Supersports: www.supersports.net.au
    Unit Clothing: www.unitriders.com.au

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB wsmtbdhvp's Avatar

Default Carolyn McKinlay DNF

All NSW/ACT races will hold a minutes silence at next rounds at presentations to thank a wonderfull MTB person
    Steve Humphreys Chairman NSWMTB

:( R.I.P. A sad day for Mountain Biking in Australia. I've only entered one CORC race, but it was organised down to the minute and everything ran smoothly. Again, a massive loss to the Mountain Bike world.

My condolences to her family, put on a good show at the World Champs for Carolyn:)
    Squeaky Clean Apparel | Smooth, Clean and Fun. The way clothes should be.

Carolyn was a dear friend to our entire family. She was my children's Joey Scout leader for many years. Her name appears on a Honor board at the head quarters in Garran for her 10 years service to Scouting. She introduced me to the world of Scouting were we both worked together as Leaders. Zoo & Mitchell have been friends forever. I can blame Carolyn for finding my sons true passion in DH & by extension having me sacrafice my Sundays photographing DH, so I could enjoy the sport as well.

She will be sadly missed. Dave, Mitchell & Zoo our family is here for you all.

Default Carolyn McKinlay R I P

Prayers go out for all of those effected by the Santa Barbara fire.......Hope we hear from Carolyn soon Im going to e-mail her as well. If anyones heard from her, let me know.

tr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast