Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2314

Thread: The BMX Race thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Norco Maniac View Post
    limited edition polished alloy frame
    Not quite chromo...
    Nice looking bike though.
    Dak Dak - Smashing Rims, and Bones - Live Fast

Quote Originally Posted by CourseOut View Post
    I run a Standard 125r 21.5tt frame and I am very happy with it. They are rather short in the back end though (I think mine is around 14" with the rear wheel in its current position). I like it but it isn't for everyone!

There are a few chromo frames on the market these days, S&M has the Special 38, Syndicate as mentioned, MCS Speed Freak, Psykopath - there are more no doubt but they are the ones i can think of off the top of my head. I see heaps of 38's around, and never heard a bad word about them
    Where about did you get your standard from?
    38's definately seem to be one of the most popular.
    Dak Dak - Smashing Rims, and Bones - Live Fast

Quote Originally Posted by Burrito_Boy View Post
    Not quite chromo...
    Nice looking bike though.
    i actually prefer that frame in the ano blue. there's a few GHP's at our main track atm (SA GHP team riders)

i'm not a fan of chrome particularly tho my oldschool cruiser is a chromo Powerlite. i find it a bit bland, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    Why has nobody asked the important question? How's the bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by fridgie View Post
    It's probably on a forum asking how long it should stay unridden for with an internal crack to its bottom bracket......

Quote Originally Posted by haydenw View Post
    mmmm needs more polish imo... ive always wanted a frame thats polished so much you can see yourself in it

has anyone dealt with HRV... im liking the idea of their full personalised training / diet routine... pitty about the cost
    I'm on my 7 th week with Tony , visiting twice a week for one on one sessions and a daily program of sprints and track work ( i've neglected the daily stuff a bit due to work commitments ) cannot speak highly enough of the advice and training i'm doing so far ... lower body & core orientated , my legs are ripped i've cracked the 2.4's for the first ten metres out of the gate at park orchard meet ( and i'm 90+ kg, 40-44 age class ) , spin bike sprints .. plyo jumps etc , all good for bmx ... even analyzed on standing starts and body position , few tweaks here and there and trying different things , I like his approach... as for price , I think its excellent value and its cheaper than going to Mr-I just bought a franchise-personal trainer and jumping over witches hats in a public park ... I left my run a bit late for aussies but im happy with prep so far , after aussies im cutting back to a HRV program at a gym closer to home and probably visit him once a month to hit Vic titles nice and hard in Nov , its a 90 min drive each way twice a week and cant do that forever being self employed... im losing to much work :)

I got my 125r second hand thru BMX mafia in NSW (friend of a friend deal). I know they keep them on the shelf down there and do mail order

BMX Mafia http://bmxmafia.com/products/race
    Or if ordering from overseas - http://www.acebmx.com or http://www.danscomp.com

the other half and i have been bike shopping

the 20" GHP frame we bought secondhand for him turned up yesterday, and very disappointingly, the finish is pretty scratched up from being on and off a bike rack. the frame is less than a year old - we know it's history pretty well - and in reality hasn't seen all that much use, has been ridden by a female only, but has done a fair bit of travelling.

so....we've decided to raw the frame and use oldschool frame decals on it, but that meant re-thinking the colour scheme of the parts - which got ordered yesterday

at the same time, i've been thinking of re-powdering my '08 Formula cruiser because it's also seen a lot of bike racks and needs a freshen-up. i already have new bars on order after bending mine three weeks ago but.....while shopping for the other half's parts, we noticed 2011 Formula Pro cruiser frames on special, which means that the price difference between soda blasting and re-powdering my frame and buying a new one, even with postage, is negligible.

so...something old, something new, something borrowed (from my Kuwahara cruiser) and something yellow..haha...as the parts land, pics will follow
    It's probably on a forum asking how long it should stay unridden for with an internal crack to its bottom bracket......

How much did you pay for the second hand GHP frame because I bought mine from JRbicycles in america for $290 plus postage but postage was more because I bought fair bit of other things but buying online is so cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Joshi95 View Post
    How much did you pay for the second hand GHP frame because I bought mine from JRbicycles in america for $290 plus postage but postage was more because I bought fair bit of other things but buying online is so cheap

still half the $$ than i could have landed a new GHP for JR, Joshi, they have the XXL Pro 20" listed at $319.95 + $115 postage. if we hadn't personally known the people we bought it from, we would have gone for a new one through another friend who is a GHP Team rider and dealer here. but my Formula on JR turned out cheap enough to be viable :)

ca94f35c.jpg

headset is in, brakes and forks are on, waiting for the bars to land and deciding whether to buy a new stem. today's project is cleaning up my cranks in preparation for beadblasting :D

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...t/d3a9d80b.jpg

white or black headstem, with white bars? might even go with some amost-vintage Redline low cruiser bars we scored that are exactly the same as the ones i bent in my last stack. they'd be bead-blasted to match the cranks, tho.

Page 114 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast