Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: # 69 - Shrieking Violet

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
    I would have thought it would be more accurate to say, "Donuts are no substitute for an energetic and talented woman", but maybe that's just how my mind works.
    i'd rather snuggle up with a talented man than donuts or chocolate :p

[/QUOTE]There is no shame in an XT 250; we had two as (dis)courtesy bikes at the motorcycle shop I worked in. I got chased out of a few city construction sites while on work business.[/QUOTE]

it was a great bike, but sadly, not legendary. i did ride again as soon as my knee had healed enough, but stopped again when i was about five months along with my twins, was finding it difficult to kick the bike over....now i only ride bikes with pedals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    Why has nobody asked the important question? How's the bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by fridgie View Post
    It's probably on a forum asking how long it should stay unridden for with an internal crack to its bottom bracket......

I was being crass, but you were too classy to respond.

I'm sad at the lack of kickstart road bikes available. There is an art to starting a motor with a kickstart; much more satisfying than using the electric boot. It would cost a bomb to put a kickstart on my Pantah, but it can be done using Cagiva 650 Elephant parts. When I worked at the motorcycle shop in the '90s, the owner and head mechanic would line up and watch my (60 kg) efforts to kickstart the big bevels.
    One of my dearest friends rode her Honda CBX 250 single roadbike up to her final week of pregnancy, but with twins I'm surprised you lasted even to 5 months.
    I've had a motorcycle on the road for most of the last 20+ years but I consider myself a cyclist who rides motorcycles. My wife on the other hand is happiest with 100+ horsepower under her right hand.
    If it hasn't got wheels, it's not sport.

Default enlightening

Hey i really really enjoyed that interview,was it an interview or just an excuse to look at ya puppy's yes i think thats it.
    Anyway i agree about finding someone at 45 no one out there.
    Triumph tiger is my bike,or was until some drunk 65 year old wanker hit me from behind.

Keep up the repartee guys and gals i luv it,made my night.

Lamby

Default ahhh

Shit girl i was in sawtell just last week,love mountain biking its for all ages,enjoy the moment it may end anytime i say .

Wayne

Thumbs up THANKS for the inspiring me

I am a guy who at 44 is still making my friends laugh as I fall off my MTB. I only tried to MTB at 40 so if you can do it so can I. Nice read to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12