Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PM System Abuse with regards to Trading

Im splitting my bike atm and therefore have been selling quite a few parts and Im very angry at the amount of users (mainly with a postcount of less than 50) who commit to buy then back out later due to 'parents wont let me' or 'wont fit on my bike' or 'cant afford it.' This becomes very annoying especially when users ask for my bank details commit to buying then when I ask why I havent received payment and they back out. I think some sort of system needs to be put in place to stop this, perhaps a punishment system for those who reguarly commit to buying things than backout, I have a list of abusers of the system if any mods want to know.

The last user who today commited to buying a bar and stem off me asked for my bank details then later said he thought they would be 'no good for his bike' I have decided to give bad feedback on his itrader, do others agree this is a good step? I am not just going to do it to anyone asking legitamate questions or even enquiring about a better price but its getting ridiculous.

That's what itrader is there for.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    That's what itrader is there for.
    At least until iKickInTheNuts comes online later this year.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

What if there is revenge negative feedback? I wouldnt want to jeapordise my own itrader because of some idiot abusing the system. I have left negative feedback for the user in question I predict he might do the same to me for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 888ross View Post
    What if there is revenge negative feedback? I wouldnt want to jeapordise my own itrader because of some idiot abusing the system. I have left negative feedback for the user in question I predict he might do the same to me for no reason.
    Yeah Ross, I had that.
    As you may have seen on the forums, or maybe one of my bitch-fests on msn, about Tonka_202.

Well, he got his friend to put negative feedback onto my iTrader saying that I sold him pedals with rusted bearings or some shit.

I PM'd Ryan who was very understanding and banned the shithead. He also removed the negative feedback. Thanks a lot Ryan :)

Quote Originally Posted by 888ross View Post
    Im splitting my bike atm and therefore have been selling quite a few parts and Im very angry at the amount of users (mainly with a postcount of less than 50) who commit to buy then back out later due to 'parents wont let me' or 'wont fit on my bike' or 'cant afford it.' This becomes very annoying especially when users ask for my bank details commit to buying then when I ask why I havent received payment and they back out. I think some sort of system needs to be put in place to stop this, perhaps a punishment system for those who reguarly commit to buying things than backout, I have a list of abusers of the system if any mods want to know.
    I recently encountered a couple of "yep , i'll buy it, how do you want me to pay, how are you gonna send it". So you spend the time to figure it out, get postage costs, send bank details then recieve a "cool, just got to ask mum & dad" WTF! I wasted a lot of time on these people.

Buyers, please assure you have the money or permission to spend that much money before you commit to a purchase. Yes you can enquire and show your interest, but have the courtesy to be upfront about your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by stpzeroridah View Post
    Yeah Ross, I had that.
    As you may have seen on the forums, or maybe one of my bitch-fests on msn, about Tonka_202.

Well, he got his friend to put negative feedback onto my iTrader saying that I sold him pedals with rusted bearings or some shit.

I PM'd Ryan who was very understanding and banned the shithead. He also removed the negative feedback. Thanks a lot Ryan :)
    Ah, good! I was sick of him PMing me and asking for trading access back. You'd think after being ignored for a while that he would have just left it, eh?
    Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver.
    Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys given thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down.

As predicted the user in question has just left me some negative feedback. Says I 'rushed' sale. Why ask for bank details etc if you dont want to buy the product. If a mod is kind enough to remove this rubbish feedback it would be appreciated. Thats the weakness of itrader, anyone can give you negative feedback. Its good that mods can change it so it is fair.

Can i have a bad i trader removed ? i had left a negitve feedback on a member that promised to sell me brakes and i never recieved them .
    they were sent cod and i never heard of him again i saw him around farkin but he would never return my emails or pms so can i have his bad comment removed
    and what he said is totaly a lie .

Julian

Radministrator

Done.

Sugez has also lost his trading access for being a fuckhead.

Take a note other would-be-fuckheads, if you have a bad trade, your first point-of-call should be an Administrator or Mod, not leaving a negative I-trader comment. If I'm alerted to any negative I-trader feedback that relates to an issue that hasn't been raised with a mod it will be treated as false and removed, as will your trading access.
    Last edited by Ryan; 02-12-2006 at 06:47 PM.
    Type out your damn words!
    When God gives you lemons, YOU FIND A NEW GOD!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast