Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinarello Build (fake Pinarello Build) Completely Finished!

Default Chinarello Build (fake Pinarello Build) Completely Finished!

hey guys,

I've had a request that i document my build on rotorburn, which ive never done but since people sound interested i thought why not.

so i decided to come back to riding after having about a year off, and now back as a roady rider (not dj)

i wanted something awesome without paying a lot of money for it (like us all), and did a shitload of research on the chinese ebay frames, including going through hundreds of internet pages in other worldwide forums. the chinese frames have there disavantages such as;

• poor shipping
    • possiblity of things not lining up, cable routes, ect
    • and missing in postage (which i had to get of course)

i have not yet recieved the frame, but most of the stuff that i have order has arrived with much still on its way.

stuff that i have bought so far

- chinese copy of the Pinarello prince ($409 at the time of purchase)
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    - black on black sticker kit ($45 posted)
    i have recieved these and they are very good quality, was quite hard to deal with because the seller was from brazil.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_1018wt_1141
    - Pinarello fork top cap ($15)
    not much to say about this but if your wanting to make a 'pinarello' its a must have item
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_1300wt_1141
    - MOST Tail C-Max Carbon Fibre Post 31.6 x 300mm
    bought this in australia, was off a pinarello and the guy didnt like it, its RRP was 280 and i paid 100 (still a shitload for a seatpost!)
    - Pinarello Carbon Seatpost clamp ($45)
    yes, i paid 45 bucks for a clamp but it was the only one i could find on the net. was from an american site called glory cycles which i highly recommend!
    - MOst TigerMax Stem ($99)
    cheapest i could find this stem on the net plus it meant i didnt have to pay for the postage on the seat clamp :)
    - Pinarello Headset Carbon ($30)
    top cover on the headset, has the brand name pinarello on it, just another unless item to make the bike look legit.

so far its cost between 800 to 900, with most of the frame stuff out of the way, and the only difference between a pinarello prince and the chinarello, is the english bb. both made with 12k, both made in china, both have the stupid "pinarello" parts.

i have had a lot of fun doing this, would love to hear your thoughts on the build so far, and thoughts for the future.

UPDATES WILL BE CONSISTANT! :)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dj_14; 20-05-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorday View Post
    So your bike is the oxymoron of beautiful.

that steerer on the bikebicycle99 pic is incredibly long.

Cool stuff, I'll keep a close eye on this. I am planning on the exact same thing. Thread subscribed to.
    A man must believe in something.
    I believe I'll have another beer!

President of the Andrew Bolt Fan Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Gump View Post
    that steerer on the bikebicycle99 pic is incredibly long.
    could almost lose 200 grams just cutting it down :)

Quote Originally Posted by scblack View Post
    Cool stuff, I'll keep a close eye on this. I am planning on the exact same thing. Thread subscribed to.
    well i can tell you i ordered the frame, on the 10th of feb, i was given a tracking number which i was watching closely, didnt move since the 10th, contacted the seller, he said he'd send another one tomorrow morning 28th feb (chinese time) so frame will be at least 2 weeks away, the stuff that i ordered from america is in australia and should be on my doorstep in the next day or 2. i have a 2009 ultegra groupset, to ride on until i get the funds to get 2011 ultegra and some wheels (dont know which ones yet) so ill be able to build something up over the next 2 weeks but wont be complete till early Apirl i would suspect.

That sounds suss already ... "Here you go I've now shipped it and here is your tracking number ..." then it doesn't move and you question it ... "oh don't worry I'll just ship another one ..."

Fingers crossed I'm just a pessimist and it comes along and we can see how this puppy looks.
    Last edited by Nerf Herder; 28-02-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    NSWMTB
    BMORC
    - Blue Mountain Off Road Cyclists - Legal and Sustainable Trails www.bmorc.com

Pushie
    Enterprises:
    Find them on Facebook / PushieEnterprises and http://pushie.com.au/

"dogma", campag neutrons and 6600 ultegra... one of these things is not like the other.

I reckon this is the groupset I'll be going for - Campagnolo Centaur 2011 carbon. $900 approx.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=X0155
    A man must believe in something.
    I believe I'll have another beer!

President of the Andrew Bolt Fan Club.

interesting build, don't know if I would be trusting fake parts i.e. head-stem, seat stem for durability which could result in catastrophic failure, then again if it's a show bike and not doing any serious riding, looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by mtb101 View Post
    interesting build, don't know if I would be trusting fake parts i.e. head-stem, seat stem for durability which could result in catastrophic failure, then again if it's a show bike and not doing any serious riding, looks good.
    its not a show bike, nothing is fake, all components are real, the only fake part is the frame, which is made in the same factory anyway

Quote Originally Posted by scblack View Post
    I reckon this is the groupset I'll be going for - Campagnolo Centaur 2011 carbon. $900 approx.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=X0155
    had a look at that a while a go. i like shamino over campagnolo, and have no experience with it, i'd rather work with something i know.

Quote Originally Posted by C Dunlop View Post
    "dogma", campag neutrons and 6600 ultegra... one of these things is not like the other.
    this is true, but the 6600 is only temp, 6700 will be the go. could get campeg i guess.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
    That sounds suss already ... "Here you go I've now shipped it and here is your tracking number ..." then it doesn't move and you question it ... "oh don't worry I'll just ship another one ..."

Fingers crossed I'm just a pessimist and it comes along and we can see how this puppy looks.
    got protection from ebay and paypal, so im not to worried, considering the seller has something like 10000 sells with 99.9% positive feedback.....just happens i suppose, i sent a DVD the other day to my house (live out of home currently) and never got there, it happens in aus, so china wouldnt surprise me

Great Work, Makes sure you put heaps of pictures & a final weight!!

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast