Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD

Thread: Giant Reign chain guide options - Pressfit bottom bracket!!!

Default Giant Reign chain guide options - Pressfit bottom bracket!!!

Hey Guys,

I have a Giant Reign 2 2011 model. Giant has gone with the pressfit bottom bracket on the 2011 model, therefore no ISCG tabs. At the moment, I'm running a 2x9 set up with a bash guard. The ultimate goal is to run a 1x9 set up.

Finding it hard to source out a chain guide/bash guard set up with the pressfit bb.

I've seen the seat post mounted top chain guides, however my bash guard has saved me way too many times to part with it. Cannot run both unfortunately.

Any ideas to get around this?.. or is there any adapters out there as a work around?

Cheers

Maybe running a bashwich is the way to go.

morgs

Quote Originally Posted by Yezeeer View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have a Giant Reign 2 2011 model. Giant has gone with the pressfit bottom bracket on the 2011 model, therefore no ISCG tabs. At the moment, I'm running a 2x9 set up with a bash guard. The ultimate goal is to run a 1x9 set up.

Finding it hard to source out a chain guide/bash guard set up with the pressfit bb.

I've seen the seat post mounted top chain guides, however my bash guard has saved me way too many times to part with it. Cannot run both unfortunately.

Any ideas to get around this?.. or is there any adapters out there as a work around?

Cheers
    New cranks with external bottom bracket and a press fit bottom bracket to English thread adaptor that presses in. Sram do one, then with an external BB you can use a BB mounted bashie or ISCG adaptor.

fuck it, don't bother. i have an '11 reign to, awesome bike except for this one design flaw. if you're that worried about running a chain guide, buy another frame with iscg tabs. i will be with my next bike.

i asked about this ages ago: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/show...gn+single+ring