Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginger Ninja 250

Default Ginger Ninja 250

After the unfortunate demise of the proposed Grapecrusher race, CWORBC have been working hard to solve some issues that prevented us from running the race.

CWORBC are announcing a great new mountain bike XC event for early 2012 (Feb 5th 2012).

The Ginja Ninja 250 will be two hundred and fifty minutes of racing on the great tracks of Kinross Forest only 6km from the centre of the beautiful metropolis of Orange NSW.

Contending ninjas will compete in the classic MTB enduro format. This means striving to complete as many laps as possible in 4 hours and 10 mins around a course designed to be fun for everyone from beginner ninjlets to wise and experienced ninjas.

The Club is even preparing a new race specific track for the event!

The focus is on fun and there will be a healthy prize pool showered on everyone, not only on the place getters.

What: Ginja Ninja 250

When: 5/2/2012

How long: 250 mins (4 hours 10 mins)

Time: 10am

Event Type: Multi Lap for 250 mins.

Categories: Solos and pairs. Male and female, mixed pairs.

Entry Fees: $30 for Solos and $25 ea rider in a pairs (+$20 MTBA day license for non-MTBA members)

Sounds like it could be a good event.

Subscribing to thread :-)
    Follow me on twitter @mtb_matt for tales of an overworked guy trying to be an endurance mountain biker. :-)

Default Rangas only??

As a ranga, its a no brainer for me. How and where do I rego? Whats the track like?

I was thinking the same. Have to be in on that!

(but a part of me thinks this must be some cruel joke on us pigmentally challenged - the race is in February at high altitude for 4hrs in the middle of the day. Someone taking the piss? Still, I'm there)

Sounds good to me. Ive mentioned it to some mates, theyre interested too.

lol thought this was gonna be about the motorbike "ninja 250" then i read and im like "ohhh"

The tracks in the forest are 90% in pine forest and 10% gum. I suspect Scott... will put the race in pine forest only (gum stuff is quite far away from carpark)

*quite a lot of hill - virtually no flat bits really
    *surface is very smooth on the whole - coated in pine needles
    *depending on the exact route there could be a good amount of technical features - but any of the track gets tricky when you add speed.
    *there is no water there or nearby
    *Car access is easy - about 10min from main street of town - including a 2k well kept dirt road - lots of parking
    *depending on course expect almost 100% singletrack - however there are lots of potential overtaking spots
    *fairly minimal tyres are good - in club races i have had good runs with conti race kings and racing ralphs.
    *no garantees but I have never damaged a sidewall - not very many rocks around

Orange has 2 good bike shops for any last minute stuff

There is at least 3 hours of riding without doing things twice - probably a lot more

Default Track works progressing

Just to people know that CWORBC is in the process of revamping one of our classic tracks at Kinross forest for this race. Anyone who has ridden at Kinross will know about our tight twisty single track but we are currently preparing a purpose built course especially for the race. Fast fun and furious with plenty of overtaking potential, we are even trying to do the impossible and take away the hard climbing. If you like sparrow hill and Kowen, you are going to love this.

Should be perfect for February and well worth a visit.

Default Ginger ninja trail prep

Hi Folks,
    Plans for the GN250 are progressing well with a trail building day scheduled for this Sunday at Kinross forest - details are on the CWORBC website.

The course planned for the event is a cracker. BBQ lunch supplied. Get in early to have a sneak preview.

Default GN 250 The basics

Quality days digging, trails are fresh and fast, plenty for everyone at Kinross.
    Saturday night dash details coming together, announcement soon with more details . . . . . .

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast