Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Kony 2012

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight with this guy ajay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KTB View Post
    DISCLAIMERS
    Didn't bother reading the thread to see if these points were made already sorry
    If anyone has comment feel free as Id like to learn if I have mistakes

1) The film has received concerned and angry reactions when shown in Uganda because it displayed an outdated picture of the country. Kony is out of Uganda now and has been for a while... issue still exists yes but in other countries. The problem is that IC (Invisible Children) is supporting the Ugandan army to take action which will mean an American/Western supported Ugandan invasion of Congo to hunt down Kony. The history of these regions is extremely fragile due to conflicts and invasion would be taken with offense by Congo. Not to say the awareness is bad its just they are going after a byproduct of the actual issue.... kind of sounds similar to Afghanistan. The issue really isn't Kony because he started as a fighter against the previous oppressor Obote and Amin before him. Our good willed help is often creating maters worse because we stick our noses into other countries conflicts and support one side and arm them more than the other. Or in an even higher level or corruption both sides are funded but one is less direct. war is profit and unfortunately money is king. Help can be done through not arming armies but through social programs such as healthcare education and food production... not supply but production. food drops just get captured by armies and used as controlling factors. This is where agriculture and sustainable technologies plays a key role.

2) Its all about the Chase.
    Funding to catch war criminals is pretty high and usually comes with relief aid and supplies... which makes the benefit of chasing the wanted party more beneficial than actually capturing him... especially in the case where the party is no longer in your jurisdiction. Eventually yes he will be caught or killed but by then a new power will have risen.

just my opinion on the matter
    there is alot more to be learned on the subject but the key is to read between the lines and look at the real issues at play not just the poster boy mascot.
    You probably should have...
    I looked at every fiesta, for you i wanted to greet,
    Maybe i'd sell you a chicken, with poison interlaced with the meat
    .....R.I.P Westy

Quote Originally Posted by ajay View Post
    You probably should have...
    YEah, I mean why would we be bothered to read yours when you haven't bothered to read ours? And then why would we respond to points that we've already discussed and concluded? Did you actually think about it before you posted that?!

KTB2012
    Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver.
    Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys given thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down.

One Scotch & Joke PINT of Stella, mate!'s Avatar

Good piece on the Kony phenomenon by Charlie Brooker last week. David Mitchell's view of Jason Russell being a 'maniac' was eerily close to the mark.
    You know I'm going to lose, and gambling's for fools! But that's the way I like it baby I don't wanna live forever!

Senior Member schneller schneller's Avatar

^^ nice one POSM, you geezers are funny bastards at times.
    I'm stoked that someone else sees this shit as a south park view..team America world police.

I am posting this followup here as a reference only: Dun blamed me if you lost 20 mins of your life.

They still haven't explain how grass root activism help capture Kony when ongoing political/military effort has been failing.
    "A camel is a horse designed by committee." Sir Alec Issigonis

online i could be a 14 year old schoolgirl, no one should take online forums as anything other than entertainment
    especially with such things as marital artists and religious beliefs.

I dare not watch that video. This, however, is well worth reading http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...223946160.html

One Scotch & Joke PINT of Stella, mate!'s Avatar

Who the hell's this Kony chap?

You know I'm going to lose, and gambling's for fools! But that's the way I like it baby I don't wanna live forever!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122