Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommend me a race bike

Quote Originally Posted by jono_22 View Post
    i used to have the redline flight, and i disagree, i found the intense a much better frame to manuel jump and all around control, this may be because i have a mountain biking background but i found it so much better
    yeh that was the same with me... I ride an intense XL and love it... I tried a mates redline and really didn't like it... I've come from a mtb as well though, so it may be that there geometry is more suited to mtb riders?
    Last edited by Korune; 19-05-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    "get shredded or die mirin"

Quote Originally Posted by *INFERNO* View Post
    For $600 its a good buy but the Intense XL is only a 21" top tube. Different manufactures vary with top tube lengths with sizes (pro, pro xl, pro xxl etc.) If you feel comfortable on it, then grab it. I use to ride down hill and hardtail 26" mtb's and then went to bmx and found comfortable on a 21.25" and im 158cm but all varys on rider. There are also alot of haters of Sinz parts but I haven't had much experience with Sinz. When you mean Giant Glory, do you mean every man and his dog has one?
    yeah not sure why people hate on sinz so much... I'll admit there hubs arent great... (actually they're pretty bad) but everything else they make is good...
    "get shredded or die mirin"

That's so weird to hear because on paper they're almost exactly the same. I think about the only real difference is the seat tube angle. I'm keen to have a ride on a flight now to see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruys View Post
    That's so weird to hear because on paper they're almost exactly the same. I think about the only real difference is the seat tube angle. I'm keen to have a ride on a flight now to see the difference.
    In my opinion the BB on an intense feels really really high, guess thats why people off a mtb like them more? dunno, Each to their own i guess
    haydenw
    Quote Originally Posted by 0psi View Post
    I used to ride in the nude but found my junk flapping about was causing too much drag. Now I rock a codpiece.

Banned

you can always update the frame later on http://www.avantiplus.com.au/product...le/abd-pro-20- or if you want to build these are a damn good ride I had a 20 and a 24 in chrome http://www.sandmbikes.com/all-produc...ame-38-special

I actually stumbled on that ABD last night. Due to the price I pretty quickly assumed it would be a very entry level bike but on closer inspection the components actually seem quite good. I'd probably look at getting that and eventually swapping out the frame and forks before I did the same with an intense.

I've always liked S&M's but in the time I've been spending at BMX tracks lately they're the most common bikes I've seen.

I actually stumbled on that ABD last night. Due to the price I pretty quickly assumed it would be a very entry level bike but on closer inspection the components actually seem quite good. I'd probably look at getting that and eventually swapping out the frame and forks before I did the same with an intense.

I've always liked S&M's but in the time I've been spending at BMX tracks lately they're the most common bikes I've seen.
    If your after cromo one could check out Standard 125R and the Synidcate 8-Ball (both are only sold as a frame). The 8 Ball comes in XXL 21.75".

Sorry mate, I just saw that post. ^ That's a sweet looking ride.

I think what I'll probably end up doing once I get the cash together is get a pro xxl one of these and use it for a while:

And then if I'm really enjoying racing again and I feel like spending some more cash I'll get some scythes and swap out the frame for one of these:

That could definitely change a thousand times before it happens though.

Thanks for all the input guys, it's been really helpful. :)

That could definitely change a thousand times before it happens though.

Thanks for all the input guys, it's been really helpful. :)
    It will change a thousand times and then after you make your purchase you'll still be thinking of other combo's. Something to do with bikes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123