Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saturday or Sunday? When do you like to race?

+ 1 for Saturday, for the not-back-to-work-the-next-day factor.
    Successful trades with: Warwick, Workmx, Harmonix1234, RADburn, kv1973, burkie, cletus, steve24, shaman, .dj, stoo, crazyjose, kynan

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC thecat's Avatar

Sunday, Saturdays tends to be filled with Kids sport.
    Flynny
    Your comfort zone is a very dangerous place to be

its just dirt.....as long as you keep users on the trail and water off of it.......your visions will last for generations: Tony Boone

CTMBC
    NSWMTB
    Integration

Saturday all the way, I'll only ever attend Sunday races if they are short and close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by tumble_downs View Post
    I like getting drunk on Saturday night, but at a stretch can stay sober on Friday evening, so I'm all in favour of Saturday mornings. There's also something very satisfying abou indulging yourself after a long race, which is a little harder if you need to work the next morning.
    Hehehe! I hears ya! Its not necessarily about going out and getting sh#tfaced that Saturday night but being good for Friday AND Saturday night to race Sunday totally kills one's social life

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    If clubs are doing so much to create more family friendly events then why not on a long weekend? Looking at the number of women entering enduros as compared to 3 years ago there would certainly seem to be a change underway. There would seem to be more and more family teams than in previous years as well.

Cheers
    MH
    Probably the same reason a number of other sports avoid long weekends (except AFL of course :) ) - not only the partners of the intended competitors looking for either a quiet or away weekend, but so are many of the volunteers that help put these events on.

Add to that and you will find that costs over a long weekend usually jump by quite a lot - petrol and accomodation certainly do and many eateries (pubs, clubs, restaurants) put a 'public holiday' surcharge on their menus. What is petrol predicted to rise to at the start of Easter in Victoria? RACV are predicting $1.60 a litre, possible a bit higher...

The final point is literally the traffic getting to and from events on a long weekend. How many here would like to be competing with traffic either going away or returning from their Easter break?

Quote Originally Posted by abevern View Post
    Sunday! I fail to see the difference between driving for X hours Friday after work (in Traffic) and driving X hours Sunday after a race (possibly with traffic).
    This year I'm going to try booking post-race Mondays to annual leave.
    What's the difference, then, between booking the Friday to annual leave?

Saturday all the way for me.

Saturdays for me too

Damned on a Saturday, damned on Sunday.

The idea of recovering on a Sunday always appeals after a Saturday race, but the "other" commitments on a Saturday tend to make getting a leave pass a tricky negotiation.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Desmarchelier View Post
    You are such a nerd sometimes Anarchist
    Crashing = pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Damned on a Saturday, damned on Sunday.

The idea of recovering on a Sunday always appeals after a Saturday race, but the "other" commitments on a Saturday tend to make getting a leave pass a tricky negotiation.
    +1

Saturday mornings I execute the role of family chauffer, carting the kids around to their various sports activities. In a perfect world I'd love a day of rest after a race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big JD View Post

what is this a singles chat site?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123