Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken parts For sale thread?.......NO TROLLS

Default Broken parts For sale thread?.......NO TROLLS

Hey im always looking for Spare parts to replace stuff ive broken on my bikes. I always put up a wanted ad but seem to get nothing. It mind boggles me as i know their are heaps of parts out their that are broken and if salvaged would be useful to someone else. IE someone snaps a set of fork crowns, the lowers may be useful to someone else. Or a Chainguide gets bashed and the back plate is bent and the bottom roller is snapped, the top roller is still useful and i can garuantee someone on this site is searching for one. If we where to have a broken parts FS thread people could advertise their aged gear and maybe off load the decent bits to people who need them. Only food for thought though.

Tony

+1 on that i agree with the idea of a broken parts thread. sounds like a good idea
    LIFE BEHIND BARS IS WAY MORE BETTER

Default +2

great idea ,because very rarely does the whole part fail its usually one small conponent and you forced to replace when it could be saved for probably only a couple of bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by danthebloke View Post
    great idea ,because very rarely does the whole part fail its usually one small conponent and you forced to replace when it could be saved for probably only a couple of bucks.
    I agree. Someone should make this happen.

+1 for me. Awesome idea!

Also, i was thinking about an All Mountain complete bikes area. At the moment there classed as a DH bike being 5 inches of travel +. I dont think they quiet fit in with DH, or Enduro for that matter. I think a dedicated All Mountain complete bikes AND frames section would make it much easier to classify and make it easier for potential buyers to find.

Just another thought
    Last edited by Mr Kurt; 14-04-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by driftking View Post
    I don't know what your talking about but I got bucked the other day on a double and manged to do a triple pike tuck and land on my feet on the down ramp. Id give it a 9/10.

+ 1 for me dude. Busted many X0 Derailleurs and used the previous broken ones as spare parts to save $300odd on a new one.
    Last edited by bjmtb; 15-04-2012 at 06:53 PM.

+1 great idea
    05 Kona Stuff| 11 Specialized Demo8

I think making a broken parts section would be creating a junkyard. Can't you just type that the part is broken when posting it in the relevant section and perhaps put "broken" in the thread title? If I'm looking for parts to repair stuff I just roll through the correct section and I always find what I'm after pretty quick.

So is then a better idea might be to just make a broken tag in the title, along with the state tags?

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    I think making a broken parts section would be creating a junkyard. Can't you just type that the part is broken when posting it in the relevant section and perhaps put "broken" in the thread title? If I'm looking for parts to repair stuff I just roll through the correct section and I always find what I'm after pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by theallcreator View Post
    So is then a better idea might be to just make a broken tag in the title, along with the state tags?
    Yes it would create a junkyard, but its better keeping the 'junk' in one place instead of having it spread across the rest of the categories which would happen with the broken tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinned---> View Post
    Omg I would suck a fart out of her bum hole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast