Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help for the downhill race may 6th.

willing to drive a shuttle truck for the day (non MR licence so a 3t)

Ill be able to help. Can't drive, never done anything like rego or timing. Could probably walk around and pick up rubbish or do little bits and pieces here and there. I was aiming to have a race in my age group (17's i think ide be) so depending on how much time there is ill do stuff.

*Same as Guy From Nowhere for me too*
    Last edited by Mr Kurt; 10-04-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by driftking View Post
    I don't know what your talking about but I got bucked the other day on a double and manged to do a triple pike tuck and land on my feet on the down ramp. Id give it a 9/10.

Yep Dad won't be able to help out for the race, so I'll represent Joy Family Racing in the canteen. Someone else will have to organise all the food and whatnot.
    Gotta Pin it to Win It

I'm happy to help also, but will be racing sport. As this is my first race I have no idea of the time I will have spare to help, so feel free to tell me I'm an idiot for double booking. Given my recent run of injuries, I may also spotaneously end up in hospital...

GFN

Default Update

Just an update on who can help and what they are able to do. I have narrowed down the jobs based on what you have all nominated to do although if anyone has any problems with these allocations just let me know and we can probably sort something out. Based on the preferred jobs so far it is clear that we need more volunteers to cover the driving, canteen and timing areas so if you know someone that could possibly help out in any of these tasks it would be great if you could ask for their assistance.

Of Particular importance is sourcing drivers for the trucks as without these volunteers the race simply does not run. To the people I have listed as potential drivers could you please get back to me as soon as possible to confirm if you can actually drive. If you can drive it would be a massive help! On top of this we also need 2 9T truck drivers and possibly 1 more person to drive a 3T.

Here is the list of people that said they can volunteer with some loose job allocations:

Bob McRoberts Canteen or possibly driving 3T truck
    Brayden Joy - Canteen, Rego
    Sunni Chandra (from Brisbane) Canteen or possibly driving 3T truck
    Matt Redding - Canteen or timing
    Jiel Case Rego, General tasks
    Ryan Myler Rego
    Pete Young General tasks or timing
    Aidan (need further details) Driving 3T truck
    Kurt (need further details) General tasks
    Guy from nowhere (need further details) General tasks

If possible could all listed volunteers provide me with some further details including your full name, email and phone number so that we are able to contact you with specific details closer to the race date. PM me on here or otherwise send an email to jockfarrington@hotmail.com

GFN and Kurt

If you're racing you'll most likely only be available early morning late afternoon or once your category has finished coming down the hill. If you feel like arriving early than I'm sure we could find a job for you otherwise after racing there will probably be some cleaning up to do etc.

Thanks for the help!

Jock

Sorry I haven't responded to this up till now but I will be there on the day, so happy to help out with whatever - just point me in the right direction. Cheers, Perry

Quote Originally Posted by jock View Post
    Just an update on who can help and what they are able to do. I have narrowed down the jobs based on what you have all nominated to do although if anyone has any problems with these allocations just let me know and we can probably sort something out. Based on the preferred jobs so far it is clear that we need more volunteers to cover the driving, canteen and timing areas so if you know someone that could possibly help out in any of these tasks it would be great if you could ask for their assistance.

Of Particular importance is sourcing drivers for the trucks as without these volunteers the race simply does not run. To the people I have listed as potential drivers could you please get back to me as soon as possible to confirm if you can actually drive. If you can drive it would be a massive help! On top of this we also need 2 9T truck drivers and possibly 1 more person to drive a 3T.

Here is the list of people that said they can volunteer with some loose job allocations:

Bob McRoberts Canteen or possibly driving 3T truck
    Brayden Joy - Canteen, Rego
    Sunni Chandra (from Brisbane) Canteen or possibly driving 3T truck
    Matt Redding - Canteen or timing
    Jiel Case Rego, General tasks
    Ryan Myler Rego
    Pete Young General tasks or timing
    Aidan (need further details) Driving 3T truck
    Kurt (need further details) General tasks
    Guy from nowhere (need further details) General tasks

If possible could all listed volunteers provide me with some further details including your full name, email and phone number so that we are able to contact you with specific details closer to the race date. PM me on here or otherwise send an email to jockfarrington@hotmail.com
    Hey Jock..As I said before I am happy to do whatever. Would love to drive a truck but figure that It's probably harder finding people for the canteen. Happy to swap around jobs on the day if necessary. Where do we need to be and at what time?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
    Hey Jock..As I said before I am happy to do whatever. Would love to drive a truck but figure that It's probably harder finding people for the canteen. Happy to swap around jobs on the day if necessary. Where do we need to be and at what time?
    Hi again Bob

I think it will actually be harder to get people for the transport as it's probably a harder job. If you're happy to drive a truck it would therefore be a massive help!

At this stage I don't have specific details on where and when to be at for the drivers although usually those doing transport have to pickup their truck from Europecar either the day before or early in the morning before the race. Once I find out these details I will let you know what's happening.

In the meantime it's probably best I grab a mobile number and email off you to contact you more efficiently.

Cheers,
    Jock

Quote Originally Posted by jock View Post
    Hi again Bob

I think it will actually be harder to get people for the transport as it's probably a harder job. If you're happy to drive a truck it would therefore be a massive help!

At this stage I don't have specific details on where and when to be at for the drivers although usually those doing transport have to pickup their truck from Europecar either the day before or early in the morning before the race. Once I find out these details I will let you know what's happening.

In the meantime it's probably best I grab a mobile number and email off you to contact you more efficiently.

Cheers,
    Jock
    rapidrifle@gmail.com
    0414 267 731

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast