Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD

Thread: Getting back into it. Brisbane southside starting fresh.

Default Getting back into it. Brisbane southside starting fresh.

Hi there

Loving the site been a member for a while now and just recently been cleared for riding after a bad car accident. Had an old GT Outpost that i road XC and some tame trails. Looking at picking up a used hardtail as a bit of an all rounder maybe towards more of a freeride/downhill but needs to be usable for commuting as well.

Keen to hit some trails once i find the right bike if there is any regulars around beenleigh or south brisbane area.

Any ideas on bike choices will be appreciated to budget is sub $1k

Thanks

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

I live at Bahrs Scrub near Beenleigh. I ride regularly in the mornings through the week but have trouble getting it together on the weekends. Are you free for rides through the week?

Josh
    The Zoneding Impact Crusher I use nothing else to crush my granite. Consider a Zoneding machine for your next MTB Event.

Default im at southside

are you riding technical?? or fast and stupid with a bike that you can throw around???

I think a kony stinky would suit you!!!!. great Downhill and freeride and can do trails. anything above 07 models because they are really heavy before then. they are about $900??

Quote Originally Posted by tatewinchester View Post
    are you riding technical?? or fast and stupid with a bike that you can throw around???

I think a kony stinky would suit you!!!!. great Downhill and freeride and can do trails. anything above 07 models because they are really heavy before then. they are about $900??
    Kona mate, No such bike as a Kony.

As for all rounders, an average Giant STP with a semi decent spec list will be pretty spot on as an all rounder. I use mine for DJ, Pumptrack, some light downhill and riding into town etc and does the job perfectly. should easily pick one up for under 1k

Is too, Kony stinka :)
    The Zoneding Impact Crusher I use nothing else to crush my granite. Consider a Zoneding machine for your next MTB Event.

I leave for work between 230 and 5 in the morning and don't get home till 7 sometimes. I ride about 15km per day commuting Monday to Saturday making Sunday my only riding day. i think when i ride it will be technical but don't want to limit myself. Stp is nice but can't warrant the initial outlay till i been riding a few months.

that's just me though.