Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S.C.U.M & NSWMTB AM Racing.

Nice xc trail in that video. Might check it out sometime.

I reckon a sweet SuperEnduro type trail would be from the very top of the fire trail (further up the hill from where you head to the Dh track).. then down through the whole dh track. Perhaps the only section which id bypass would be the drop into the long rough off-camber section in the top quarter of the track. Other than that the track would rock on a 6" bike!!

Riding back up would be a b@!$ch though... Lets just call it enduro downhill.. and shuttle back to the top.

Manly Warringah MTB Club alchemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityfreak View Post
    Oh man - this is what I feared. This is a nice bit of singletrack but it's not "all mountain". This is a short XC sprint. If I decide to come I'll be taking my hardtail which to be honest - has no place in an 'all mtn' event.
    Ah, you'd be looking for the half-mountain racing then...

Well done to the S.C.U.M club for being part of the series. Guys, lets not try to get to critical as this is a new format and we will learn for 2013 on tracks etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bermshot View Post
    ^^^ This attitude helps no one.
    I will be there having a blast. I don't want my fun ruined by people complaining when SCUM have put their hand up and will as always host an excellent round.
    o
    |\_o
    // \

Quote Originally Posted by October26 View Post
    I will be there having a blast. I don't want my fun ruined by people complaining when SCUM have put their hand up and will as always host an excellent round.
    Ditto,

10char

Oh sorry dude, I read it the other way.

It has been clearly stated that it will be 'grass roots' and for the club to get a feel for it all. I just shake my head sometimes. People want more of this format and when it arrives and needs support they sit back and whinge!

Again, if you want a great track next year get along and support this round then you may have some constructive opinions that can passed back to SCUM and assist in the format growing. Simple really.

That's what we want to hear. Good to see you made it back to your car on Sunday too. Wasn't real sure my directions were 100% :)

And for those whinging, will you be putting your hands up to help us build a better track in the future?
    South Coast United Mountainbikers inc

www.scum.asn.au

Default Variety is good

Thanks SCUM

The course looks fun, I will see you there.

I was at the Orimbah race and this round will be a contrast! the superbowl is hard to ride fast, it will be a different challenge.

RJS

Quote Originally Posted by struggles View Post
    That's what we want to hear. Good to see you made it back to your car on Sunday too. Wasn't real sure my directions were 100% :)

And for those whinging, will you be putting your hands up to help us build a better track in the future?
    Seriously mate, you have the wrong attitude. You're taking these comments as whinging, criticism and attack when what you should be doing is seeing them for what they are - FEEDBACK. For a club to thrive and for a race series to thrive - you should be giving people what they want / ask for. Your "suck it up this year and maybe we'll be able to build a better track next" attitude is just ridiculous.
    What you clearly fail to comprehend is that if the track is sh*t - people won't come back next year. No-one wants to drive for 3 hours to ride a disappointing track. You're getting defensive instead of asking for feedback and asking for suggestions and taking them on board. If you showed any interest in the opinion of those who want to race and want to support good events - you may actually find people WOULD volunteer to build tracks etc. Instead, you're defensive and negative attitude does the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityfreak View Post
    Seriously mate, you have the wrong attitude. You're taking these comments as whinging, criticism and attack when what you should be doing is seeing them for what they are - FEEDBACK. For a club to thrive and for a race series to thrive - you should be giving people what they want / ask for. Your "suck it up this year and maybe we'll be able to build a better track next" attitude is just ridiculous.
    What you clearly fail to comprehend is that if the track is sh*t - people won't come back next year. No-one wants to drive for 3 hours to ride a disappointing track. You're getting defensive instead of asking for feedback and asking for suggestions and taking them on board. If you showed any interest in the opinion of those who want to race and want to support good events - you may actually find people WOULD volunteer to build tracks etc. Instead, you're defensive and negative attitude does the opposite.
    Thanks for your FEEDBACK. I will try and be more positive in the future.
    South Coast United Mountainbikers inc

www.scum.asn.au

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast