Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD

Thread: 2011 Norco DH

Default 2011 Norco DH

I wont bore you with the details but I got this frame under warranty when my old one cracked... Norco were really good about sorting out the warranty and and I had my new frame within two months of my first enquiry...

Big shout-out to the guys at TBSM (http://tbsm.com.au/) for helping me out on this one...

Now to the new bike :D

Specs:

Frame: 2011 Norco DH Race
    Fork: 2008 888 WC ATA
    Shock: 2012 Roco WC Air
    Cranks/BB: Truvativ
    Brakes: Hayes (soon to be replaced with Saints)
    Shifter/Mech: Saint
    Wheels: DT 440 Hubs - Not sure what the rims are...
    Chain Guide: MRP
    Bars/Grips: FSA/ODI Ruffian
    Headset: FSA
    Saddle: THE

Weight comes in at 17.3kg

Facebook.jpg
    "get shredded or die mirin"

That looks super slack!
    Become a fan of my Photography!

Quote Originally Posted by rider124 View Post
    And yes he does now have one bar end. Its made up of human flesh from his leg

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydawgz View Post
    That looks super slack!
    Holy crap! Is it just the angle?? Looks like a sick bike. I always wanted one of these! Once they changed from that stupid massive curved top tube to these. that weight looks super light for the build on it to!
    Quote Originally Posted by driftking View Post
    I don't know what your talking about but I got bucked the other day on a double and manged to do a triple pike tuck and land on my feet on the down ramp. Id give it a 9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kurt View Post
    Holy crap! Is it just the angle?? Looks like a sick bike. I always wanted one of these! Once they changed from that stupid massive curved top tube to these. that weight looks super light for the build on it to!
    Yeh it is pretty slack but think it's mostly because of the angle... its on a bit of a hill to, so i'd say the front wheel being a bit higher added to the affect...

And yeah I have to admit that I was quite shocked by the weight too... The frame was surprisingly light though, didn't weigh it in but it felt good...

If I was to run Boxxer WC and XT cranks it would be well under 17 :D

Haven't had a proper ride yet, so I'll post a ride report when I do... What I can say my car park tests and the few sets of stairs I smashed it down is that the Roco Air shock works extremely well... It still isn't quite as smooth as a good coil shock, but it is very close...

Got to admit I'm quite surprised no ones mentioned my brakes being 'round the wrong way' yet :P
    Last edited by Korune; 15-04-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    "get shredded or die mirin"

Never saw that :p Ive ridden a bike with saints round the wrong way. Fucking tricky little buggers, nearly went OTB!
    Quote Originally Posted by driftking View Post
    I don't know what your talking about but I got bucked the other day on a double and manged to do a triple pike tuck and land on my feet on the down ramp. Id give it a 9/10.

Hey mate nice ride. I'm new on here just having a look around. Gotta love the Norco's, I just bought the new Shinobi 29er all mountain love it to bits. Been looking for DH rig aswell but go to get rid of one of other my bikes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Korune View Post

Got to admit I'm quite surprised no ones mentioned my brakes being 'round the wrong way' yet :P

Hey mate, your brakes are on the wrong way!
    Become a fan of my Photography!

Quote Originally Posted by rider124 View Post
    And yes he does now have one bar end. Its made up of human flesh from his leg