Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD

Thread: Increased Sydney-Rotorua direct flights coming up

Default Increased Sydney-Rotorua direct flights coming up

http://www.rotoruadailypost.co.nz/ne...light/1344775/

Name:  NZRO.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  4.1 KB

Later this year, there will be an increase to 3 direct flights from Sydney to Rotorua & vice versa.

Default Increased charges at Air NZ for bikes

The bastards at Air NZ have secretly increased the charges for our bikes on their flights.

They’ve just discontinued the 50% discount on sporting goods and it’s now full rate $75 out of Sydney if you pay at the airport (this is for tickets booked before tomorrow, otherwise it’s $ 120 from 22 November at the airport).

They’ve brought in a Prepaid Extra Bags option for $55 from Sydney and $NZ 55 ($43) from Rotorua.

Don’t go through the telephone service centre they’ll charge a $35 per flight fee for doing it, instead buy it online (up to 3 hrs just before departure). The prepaid booking feature started a few days ago.

It’s still a max of 23kg for the bike, so I might put all my clothes on for the flight, wear my riding shoes and carry runners and helmet in my carry-on bag plus wear my stinky clothes for the whole trip!.

Alternatively, I’ll pay the extra charges, take a suitcase, load my bike box up to 23kgs with spares/tools etc and take heaps of clothes.

Chris
    Last edited by Sellwood; 23-11-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: typo

I got a heckler, and all I needed for the bike in under 23 kg and packed enough clothes for the week in my Carry on. 6 other mates all got stung on teh way over though. If you go as a group load up all your gear into one suitcase and pay for the extra on that once rather than 6 times.
    Successful trades: YETI GravityFreak