Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Leaving Your Job

Quote Originally Posted by floody View Post
    It is lucky for you guys that you are all as amazing at what you do as you think you are!
    Come on mate, let it out, tell us about your staff problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow King View Post
    If anyone asks "why you didnt get a car say..."

This was the only vehicle I could buy inside of Australia with 26" rims yo.

Oh I don't have any staff to have issues with. It is just lucky that everyone who was previously so terribly unappreciated and stifled in development despite their obvious talent has managed to find such satisfaction and nurturing of their substantial assets in their new environments.
    I mean it couldn't possibly be that they're enjoying the novelty of a new job...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.

Quote Originally Posted by ajay View Post
    Sounds like you're doing an apprenticeship? Get in contact with your group training provider, they're useless with trivail stuff, but 4 months pay? annual leave gone? They'll be all over that like flies on shit.
    Yeh doing an apprenticeship, it's not 4 months pay but yeh might give them a go cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by dunndog View Post
    Absolutely!!! Get on the phone TODAY to both your trainIng provider and Fairwork Australia. What trade are you in? If you're working under a union eba get on to them too. If not, find out exactly what award you're workng under and tell fairwork this. Your boss is WAY outta line, nobody works for free mate. Definately leave this bloke, but make sure you know exactly where you stand and what the right course of action is before you do. Also, it's a great idea to keep a diary, each day just jot down your hours, nothing fancy, just a good reference when you need to know. But you should NEVER let this go on for anywhere near this long again, it's illegal an he'll get his arse kicked bigtime.
    Funnily enough he managed to pay off a decent chunk of it today. I've got a bit of time off thanks to an operation so i'm going to find out exactly what he owes me and when i go back i'll have a chat to him. Without all the bullshit it would really be a great job so if I can get it all fixed up that would be ideal, if not I'll leave. Cheers for the advice and yeh i've learnt a few lessons and won't ever let it get this bad again. Thanks again.

Another coincidence here too. I'm looking at leaving my job too. I have only been with the company about 6 months but I'm not really in love with living in Australia (sorry!). I have been offered and accepted a job in Vancouver which comes with a perm residency visa. The visa will take 10 weeks or so to come through. I like working for the company and get on well with them but I need to leave. There is a project coming up that they want me involved with but I don't want to base their plans on me being here and then leaving. Do you reckon I should tell them my intentions now? I don't want to give my notice since if I don't get the visa I cant go. Should I wait until I get it and give the standard 4 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by pwadjo View Post
    Another coincidence here too. I'm looking at leaving my job too. I have only been with the company about 6 months but I'm not really in love with living in Australia (sorry!). I have been offered and accepted a job in Vancouver which comes with a perm residency visa. The visa will take 10 weeks or so to come through. I like working for the company and get on well with them but I need to leave. There is a project coming up that they want me involved with but I don't want to base their plans on me being here and then leaving. Do you reckon I should tell them my intentions now? I don't want to give my notice since if I don't get the visa I cant go. Should I wait until I get it and give the standard 4 weeks?
    Probably depends on how good your relationship is with your manager. I have had guys come to me saying they are applying for a job etc but until they give me the written notice I consider them still working for me.
    I would be appreciative of one of my guys telling me before I signed them up for some sizeable project... other managers maybe not so reasonable...as seen in this thread already.

If you think it could jeopardize your job there if the visa falls through, then probably best to keep it to yourself until your plans are solid.
    "I wish I was as wonderful as my dogs think I am"

For those of us who work in IT and are constantly plagued by parents and relatives asking for you to look at their PC problem.... just be thankful you are not a gynecologist.

Default Last day today

Hey
    Been reading all your posts . You all have valid points . My last day was today . I have had a bad year with family problems ( looking after terminally ill ) and just recently my oldest son in hospital with an as yet unidentified illness . Not once has my boss asked about how i am going , not that i expect this but when the other people i was working with ask then you know they appreciate your efforts . We were sold by Volvo trucks to a privately owned company and i have to say it has been a nightmare to say the least . All the new owner seems to be concerned about is money . Anyway i am not there anymore due to my own choice . I know where you all come from in regards to investing time and money into people , hell i did that with all the guys i had working under me and would like to think i have left them in a good way that they can go on doing the jobs i trained them for . But as i said to them " sometimes you have to things for you , not anyone else " .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234