Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SRAM 1x11 - We knew it was coming...

Quote Originally Posted by leitch View Post
    I just wish Hope would release their integrated cassette/free hub with 9t cog already.
    Agreed, I feel that idea is much more practical, and we can get rid of this spider cassette/alloy free hub hassle.

"Very well. I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them".

Quote Originally Posted by leitch View Post
    I just wish Hope would release their integrated cassette/free hub with 9t cog already.
    yes, this seemed to be the ultimate solution - less chain length required, bigger difference in gearing, less weight - obviously there must be some sort of techncial issues, because its a couple of years now since it was mooted as pretty much ready to go. Though it seems to me to not exactly be that hard to make the cassette body and cassette all one part - it must be a problem with the teeth engagement just not being enough to stop skipping over the teeth at higher torque???

I reckon though is SRAM want this version to take off, they need to license it to everybody for not a lot of money - eg let shimano in at say $4-00 a cassette and derailleur royalty - i'm sick of non compatibles, and theres far more money to be made out of licensing than lots of competition.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/ar...s-to-11-34098/

Bit more about it.

However, they’re also built with alternating tooth thicknesses that are syncronized with the gaps in the chain – slightly narrower to fit between inner chain plates, and wider to take advantage of the extra space between outer chain plates.
    Found that quite interesting. So if you don't put the inner plates mashing with the narrower teeth it wouldn't work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alo661 View Post
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/ar...s-to-11-34098/

Bit more about it.

Found that quite interesting. So if you don't put the inner plates mashing with the narrower teeth it wouldn't work as well.
    Sounds very, very interesting. But I must admit I didn't really understand the description of the "p type" derailleur, or whatever it is called.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12