Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rider reviews wanted - 2013 Trek Rumblefish

Default Rider reviews wanted - 2013 Trek Rumblefish

Looking at dropping the coin on the new Trek Rumblefish 29er. I've just sold a 5" dualy 26er....

Who has the new Trek rumblefish......?

Who has ridden one (2012 / 2013 models only thanks)....?

General thoughts........

Thanks in advance.

Default 2011 Rumblefish

Hi - I got my 26' dually stolen a couple of weeks ago and on the advice of a mechanic friend went out and bought a 2011 Rumblefish - it is amazing! I've ridden a couple of 29's before, but this thing is unstoppable.
    I've retuned the shock a little as I seemed to blow through the travel pretty easily, but all in all it is a great bike. The G2 geometry makes it handle well even on the tigh single track.
    I've knocked 3 mins off my PB around Manly Dam on the first attempt, and didn't even feel like I was pushing hard.
    Do it - you won't regret it!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyH View Post
    Hi - I got my 26' dually stolen a couple of weeks ago and on the advice of a mechanic friend went out and bought a 2011 Rumblefish - it is amazing! I've ridden a couple of 29's before, but this thing is unstoppable.
    I've retuned the shock a little as I seemed to blow through the travel pretty easily, but all in all it is a great bike. The G2 geometry makes it handle well even on the tigh single track.
    I've knocked 3 mins off my PB around Manly Dam on the first attempt, and didn't even feel like I was pushing hard.
    Do it - you won't regret it!
    Awesome news - thanks for your imput.....I am looking to get a test ride this weekend somewhere.

All the Trek dealers I contacted are offering the same deal ($4499 rrp) at the moment. I'm in a regional area, so will be travelling to Newcastle or Central Coast for one.....

I have found a 2012 model (runout) for $3500....Might check that out as well.

I like the 2013 model for the black paint - so so keen on pictures of 2012 model (it looks BROWN in pictures)
    Anyone got a 2012.....is it really brown...??? Or better in the flesh.

cheers

Ive been offered a brand new 2012 for $3,500 as well, is that an exceptionally good deal or nothing to get too excited over? Was looking more at the superfly , guy in shop trying to tell me the rumbleship the better all round fun bike . Cheers !!!

3500 is a good deal - 3200 would be better - work em hard

lets not kid yourself - it is brown and looks brown in the flesh - I am down with brown so it doesnt bother me and you could have it painted for peanuts if you are easy offended. It is the same brown as baby poo - it will not get you laid

it is definately more fun than a Superbug. I have ridden both 2012 and the SF was great XC whippet rig but flexy and somewhat out of its comfort zone in the chunk. The RF was a trail bike, not very light but very capable, stiff, built with solid gear and great geo/angles. I think it would make a great all rounder which could be upgraded for extra beef or loose weight for the whippets at a later stage.

Quote Originally Posted by John Desmarchelier View Post
    lets not kid yourself - it is brown and looks brown in the flesh - I am down with brown so it doesnt bother me and you could have it painted for peanuts if you are easy offended. It is the same brown as baby poo - it will not get you laid

I have never owned a bike yet that has got me laid !!! Gold by you.

When you say "heavy"....what are we talking about...? Anyone put one on the scales ? 12.5kg - 13kg..?
    Just how heavy are we talking about here.....? Someone help me out with a weight....

Quote Originally Posted by Opposite Lock View Post

I have never owned a bike yet that has got me laid !!! Gold by you.

When you say "heavy"....what are we talking about...? Anyone put one on the scales ? 12.5kg - 13kg..?
    Just how heavy are we talking about here.....? Someone help me out with a weight....
    Not sure personally but THIS review says 13.9kg for the 18inch frame XT spec. So, quite heavy. Did get into their "trail bike of the year" contender status though.

that review is not really that glowing is it ?

Love to know how this bike measures up in a straight comparison to the new trance 29er

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiinmelb View Post
    that review is not really that glowing is it ?

Love to know how this bike measures up in a straight comparison to the new trance 29er
    I agree - both sporting 120m travel and reasonable spec (xt, etc).......

Keep the info coming lads........

I have been on a 21" rumblefish for the last year and it is awesome
    "all round, trailbike"

that is what it is and the brown is more bronze and it actually looks great in reality. A few too many anodized green highlights maybe. but all the makers are toning down again this year it seems .

I have raced on it, rode all day on it, hucked to my own limited ability. It is awesome. The wheels are a highlight and somewhat cover the extra weight of the oooh so plush suspension.
    www.creswicktrails.com
    www.thebrackenbury.com.au
    "If you don't have the skills, you may as well have the gear"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast