Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Online retailers trusted/scammers

http://www.velomine.com/

Brought 2 wheelsets off them. Dura-Ace track hubs to Mavic Open Pros for $400 shipped? So cheap, the cost price of the hubs alone is more than that.

Havent seen this posted yet???

http://www.jensonusa.com/

Have used twice. Expensive freight but are willing to add items not listed on site and order things for you.

Ie CRC have never responded to a special request with a yes. If its not on the site, too bad.

Pretty quick but some stuff won't be shipped.

Also www.probikekit.com
    The day someone smiles whilst jogging.... I will take up jogging.

UPDATED :)

Quote Originally Posted by rider124 View Post
    How long untill a brand new user posts up a site thats a scam. it will happen.
    Im waiting for this to happen, I will be wary to put up anything from a user with limited posts, Id ask that anyone provides a solid foundation for Scam sites submitted, although as stated in the thread any submissions will the users responsibility and If other users can prove the site it not a scam I will change it back if it is stated with enough proof.
    So far as long as we get the trusted sites up I think we have plenty of places to buy from. Of course any +1 for a particulr site is still welcome. I wont be tallying CRC, wiggle, jenson etc as we will get 1000 people saying +1. .
    My grandfather has the heart of a lion and a lifetime ban from the zoo

Default Mountain bikes direct and cyclingdeal.com.au

I used this Aussie store recently, a pretty new store, thought I'd give it a go. Fast shipping, pretty good range and some good prices.

Mountain Bikes Direct
    http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/

Saw it advertised in AMB and they had 10% off if you liked them on facebook, and could pay with PayPal, so I thought not too much of a risk. I'd buy with them again. And I picked up some Alpinestars Moab Knee Guards for less than $30!!

www.cyclingdeal.com.au had good prices for what I was after and shipping was quick. They have an ebay store as well, but it was more expensive than using their online store.

I've used www.pushys.com.au, and they were good too.

bike-discount.de

Good prices, take paypal but $26 flat freight on every order, so spend up to make it worth while or get mates to contribute. Very rare their prices for tyres (schwalbe) are ever beaten by anyone anywhere even when including the freight. Takes about a week to arrive from Germany and dont send any bulky goods at all.

Banned

Has anyone used www.merlincycles.com?

They have been around for ages (I remember their adverts from UK MTB mags in the early 90's) but have never used them.

I bought rims from http://www.2ndcycle.com.au/ when they had their 40% off sale. They arrived quickly and well packed. The price was killer.

Quote Originally Posted by workmx View Post
    Has anyone used www.merlincycles.com?

They have been around for ages (I remember their adverts from UK MTB mags in the early 90's) but have never used them.
    Absolutely...and I'd recommend them too. Especially their groupsets for the older bikes...bargain.

Also used & recommended:

Offshore
    www.bike24.de
    www.sjscycles.co.uk

Local
    www.mymountain.com.au
    http://erinabikeworxonline.com/

The former two are the place to find the hard to get gear that others don't have and their prices can be very competetive with the usual suspects...only postage costs can cut. The locals were fab simply for their service and help in tight moments with the occasional bargain thrown in for good measure...

Quote Originally Posted by SF Trailboy View Post
    bike-discount.de

Good prices, take paypal but $26 flat freight on every order, so spend up to make it worth while or get mates to contribute. Very rare their prices for tyres (schwalbe) are ever beaten by anyone anywhere even when including the freight. Takes about a week to arrive from Germany and dont send any bulky goods at all.
    A week! Gee, I have had 5 orders from bike-discount.de and they have all taken over 3 weeks. I think you got lucky.

Edit: I meant www.bike-components.de has the slow shipping for my 3 orders, oops!
    Last edited by c3024446; 20-02-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast