Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iphone SMS sharing - how to stop?

Default iphone SMS sharing - how to stop?

I have two iphones on my itunes account (and an ipad) - my wifes and my own. Each of course with different numbers, but on same itunes account with shared contacts and music etc. Actually this may have started when I set up my ipad - I remember ticking a question box do I want to share stuff (but I forget the question to be honest).

How do I stop SMS messages for my wifes phone appearing on my phone, and vice versa?
    A man must believe in something.
    I believe I'll have another beer!

President of the Andrew Bolt Fan Club.

Quote Originally Posted by scblack View Post
    I have two iphones on my itunes account (and an ipad) - my wifes and my own. Each of course with different numbers, but on same itunes account with shared contacts and music etc. Actually this may have started when I set up my ipad - I remember ticking a question box do I want to share stuff (but I forget the question to be honest).

How do I stop SMS messages for my wifes phone appearing on my phone, and vice versa?
    i see whats going on there ;) cleverly worded to cofuse people who skim over it

I had to turn the Imessage setting off on my Ipad to stop it sharing with my Iphone. That may complicate things with the two phones though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    I had to turn the Imessage setting off on my Ipad to stop it sharing with my Iphone. That may complicate things with the two phones though.
    I have just tried this, see how it goes. Thanks Dozer.
    A man must believe in something.
    I believe I'll have another beer!

President of the Andrew Bolt Fan Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    I'm having same problem with new phone. I turned off iMessages, but then cant send or recieve anything.....my wife has unfortunately been privvy to my bike wheelings and dealings for the last 36 hours....not good...
    Shithouse trades with:
    HellYeah (but he tells me he has mad skills though...)

An option may be to add a 2nd email to imesssages and make sure each phone is using a different email address....I just went through a similar thing with my sons ipod getting my msgs. We both use the same itunes account but now he doesn't get my msgs as I changed the email address. I use my hotmail and he uses the .me that apple provided.

Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    I'm having same problem with new phone. I turned off iMessages, but then cant send or recieve anything.....my wife has unfortunately been privvy to my bike wheelings and dealings for the last 36 hours....not good...
    Luckily it was only bike dealings......

Aahhh yes. If you have the new 5 it can also download from your PC and iPad. That's great when you find all of your kids games on your phone. Use another iTunes account and another email, such as iCloud.
    I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me.

So i have a single iTunes account for purchasing things on every device and my wife and I use the same one, I then setup a seperate icloud/itunes account just for her. That's what her phone is set up with for icloud menaing that she doesn't get any messages from me and our contacts are seperate.

What's cool is then I set up a joint calendar on both accounts so if either of us add something to the calendar it appears on both phones, meaning I don't get in trouble when I don't put something in my calendar.

The whole icloud thing is a bit finiky to setup well but works really well once you've got it doing what you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by rider124 View Post
    Suspension is like masturbating, once you get it right, it feels amazing.

You just need to untick the shared contact, on both devices.
    http://www.mtbpicsonline.com
    IG: @mtbpicsonline

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    Apparently if you drink Nathan Rennie's sweat there is a 400% increase in pinning it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast