Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sram X0 and X9 chainring differences?

Default Sram X0 and X9 chainring differences?

Want to get a replacement chainring set for my XO cranks

Does any body know the real differences between the X9 and X0 versions?

Part numbers are below

#00.6215.004.110 Truvativ Crank 10-speed Chainring Set 39-26 with X0 GXP Spider 120/80 BCD

#00.6215.004.120 Truvativ Crank 10-speed Chainring Set 39-26 with X9 GXP Spider 120/80 BCD

Hey CTGuru,

The chainrings on X9 and X0 are exactly the same, the difference in parts you have presented is that they are for spider/chainring combos, and the x9 spider is different to the X0 version. The X0 spider has a larger indent area to fit around the larger carbon crank arm, the x9 cranks being all alloy has a smaller arm area.

FYI an X0 spider will fit on X9 cranks, but it will look a bit funky whereas the X9 spr/ring set won't fit on X0.

Monza has the rings currently in stock so you can order them through your LBS.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

awesome, thanx for the info

I have some of these, btw, off some X9 cranks I bought. 2 sets actually, one brand new and one fairly new. One was 120bcd other was 104bcd...and i cant remember which was the brand new set off the top of my head. I can check tonight, and if they are the ones you need in the new, you can have them cheap. I'm not going 10sp any time soon, and only bought for the spider.
    Shithouse trades with:
    HellYeah (but he tells me he has mad skills though...)

Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    I have some of these, btw, off some X9 cranks I bought. 2 sets actually, one brand new and one fairly new. One was 120bcd other was 104bcd...and i cant remember which was the brand new set off the top of my head. I can check tonight, and if they are the ones you need in the new, you can have them cheap. I'm not going 10sp any time soon, and only bought for the spider.
    looks like they need to be XO 120BCD to fit my cranks as per previous post from moonman

Quote Originally Posted by ctguru View Post
    looks like they need to be XO 120BCD to fit my cranks as per previous post from moonman
    One set is 120bcd. X9 2x10 cranks must also have been. Anyway, I'll check the spares box to see if the 104s or 120 were the new ones, and let you know incase you were interested
    Shithouse trades with:

I am running X9 rings on XX cranks, works perfectly, great shifting.

Am also sure they are the same as X0 which i think are also lighter than XX as the XX are uber solid/ stiff....

shit its confusing, so it looks like I can use x9 rings on my xo spider, but not an x9 spider on xo cranks

Doh, the 2x10 120 bcd is the half worn set, the unused ones are 104bcd. The 120s definitely came on 2x9 x9 cranks, can't tell you for sure what the 104 bcd new spider and rings were from, sorry
    Shithouse trades with:

Quote Originally Posted by ctguru View Post
    shit its confusing, so it looks like I can use x9 rings on my xo spider, but not an x9 spider on xo cranks
    I have my X9 spider and rings on XX crank, pretty sure spider fitting is the same accross the sram range (exept BB30) as aftermarket spiderless rings are listed to fit them all.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast