Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canyon MTB - Real Life Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mark22 View Post
    Did the reverb remote come under on the LH or can you sec that? I notice some bikes on their website have over on the LH which I'm not keen on.
    Good point and one I wasn't sure on before delivery.

It came as left hand under (right hand over).

I think that the left hand over comes on the non Ex model of the Spectral. They have 140mm fork travel and 2x Drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by hifiandmtb View Post
    That bike has sweeeet lines. Love how it looks.

Thanks for sharing the purchase experience. Would like more photos, including the box stuff
    Sorry, a little picture heavy but you should get an idea of the packaging.

You can see the nick on the fork lower, and the corresponding damage on the box.

I also should have stated earlier, the front rotor was also not true (read bent) but I was able to straighten it.

Great photos - I feel like I was there with you unpacking it, getting excited

Re: the fork damage & poor paint masking, like you - I could live with it. It's still a mass-produced factory bike, not something utterly bespoke...and you'll knock it about on the trails anyway.

Congrats. And thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by hifiandmtb View Post
    Great photos - I feel like I was there with you unpacking it, getting excited

Re: the fork damage & poor paint masking, like you - I could live with it. It's still a mass-produced factory bike, not something utterly bespoke...and you'll knock it about on the trails anyway.

Congrats. And thanks for the info!
    This is exactly my thoughts. I rang the Melbourne service center, explained the damage and then told them it's all good with me. They were pretty surprised that I was so unfussed, and I think they were grateful.

I've no doubt that I'll be upside down in the bush by the end of January anyway, so all's good.

Off to Derby on the 3rd of Feb
    ... so hopefully I like this thing or the mrs will lose her shit.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Looks awesome ! I like the baby poo colour too.

Dont try and match anything else, just add black components.
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Pivot Vault CX
    FM190 Fatbike
    Cervelo R3 Disc

nice bike mofo,love the colour......
    you'd think that for a company that is trying to get a foot hold in the market, that proper packing isn't asking to much,i also expected to see plenty of pics of Tas when you get back......
    with or without one of you and bike upside down in the bushh.....
    Last edited by bowtajzane; 08-01-2017 at 07:02 AM.

I bet the colour is more impressive in real life, maybe try a different back drop. Direct sales should give a tickle up the butt to some of the distributors in Aus with their shit antics and hopefully a lot of other brands follow. Anyhow, the main thing is to enjoy the bike.
    "To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." ~Aristotle.

I don't disagree that the damage at the fork leg would probably happen through normal riding, but that paint around the pivot bolt is a bit shoddy... If it were mine I would consider asking them for a replacement of that section of the rear triangle. Hopefully the paint is not soft/thick as you might be losing some of it the first time you have to press the bearings out.

Quote Originally Posted by teK-- View Post
    I don't disagree that the damage at the fork leg would probably happen through normal riding, but that paint around the pivot bolt is a bit shoddy... If it were mine I would consider asking them for a replacement of that section of the rear triangle. Hopefully the paint is not soft/thick as you might be losing some of it the first time you have to press the bearings out.
    I'm a realist. This is why I posted the experience here.

At the end of the day what would getting a replacement triangle actually prove? It'll look pretty for a few weeks more while I have to dick around waiting for a replacement and having to deal with the whole situation?

More stress than its worth for me. I'm happy to get out and ride it, and if it's a case that the paint flakes while pressing out bearings, I'll deal with that if it happens.

This was 1/2 the price I paid for my Yeti build so I don't have the same expectations as a boutique brand.

To be honest, it's no less shoddy than any other mass produced frame, just most people aren't honest enough to admit it after paying hard earned cash for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    I'm a realist. This is why I posted the experience here.

At the end of the day what would getting a replacement triangle actually prove? It'll look pretty for a few weeks more while I have to dick around waiting for a replacement and having to deal with the whole situation?

More stress than its worth for me. I'm happy to get out and ride it, and if it's a case that the paint flakes while pressing out bearings, I'll deal with that if it happens.

This was 1/2 the price I paid for my Yeti build so I don't have the same expectations as a boutique brand.

To be honest, it's no less shoddy than any other mass produced frame, just most people aren't honest enough to admit it after paying hard earned cash for them.
    If you're happy about it then that's all that matters.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast