Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reign or Remedy?

Quote Originally Posted by CP View Post
    Nah they've gone to the Bont now. Is the Giant branded dropper any better?
    Yep. The Trek one is about 2 generations behind the Giant one. Still better to buy a reverb or Lev if you want something that wouldn't fuck up after one ride in somewhat damp conditions.

Trek's going to get more warranties with this post than their carbon frames do using BB90/95.

Quote Originally Posted by puffmoike View Post
    Fuel EX and Slash are 29. Remedy is 27.5. (Fuel EX 27.5+ is not available in Australia)
    you are right, just had a google, I was going off what a guy working in a bike shop told me ,

I should have known when he told me the Fuel and the Remedy have the same length top tube , i knew that wasnt right

Quote Originally Posted by teK-- View Post
    I don't know why wheel manufacturers even quote only the external width. It's a useless metric without also having the internal measurement.
    They do it in the hope that you'll be curious enough to look further for the internal width, thus investing more time looking at their product which increases your emotional attachment, which increases your chance of buying it.

I have a 16 Adv 0 and love it. Climbs great. Descends better

Quote Originally Posted by Alo661 View Post
    Yep. The Trek one is about 2 generations behind the Giant one. Still better to buy a reverb or Lev if you want something that wouldn't fuck up after one ride in somewhat damp conditions.

Trek's going to get more warranties with this post than their carbon frames do using BB90/95.
    Giant dropper is pretty bloody good though, simple cable actuated gas strut dropper. Can't really service it, but there cheap enough to replace after a couple of years at <$300 a pop, and thats lbs prices.

Great dropper for the price.

And as for bike, get a reign. Great bikes for the coin, and the rct3 pike is the better fork. Travel adjust sucks and you won't need it, the reign climbs well enough without, and low bb's dont want a lower front end when cliver tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    I rode Newtown, before it was cool.

Money down on a Reign 1 :) yew!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Lord View Post

And as for bike, get a reign. Great bikes for the coin, and the rct3 pike is the better fork. Travel adjust sucks and you won't need it, the reign climbs well enough without, and low bb's dont want a lower front end when cliver tech.
    I totally agree about the travel adjust sentiment vs low bb...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Lord View Post
    Giant dropper is pretty bloody good though, simple cable actuated gas strut dropper. Can't really service it, but there cheap enough to replace after a couple of years at <$300 a pop, and thats lbs prices.

Great dropper for the price.

It is. That's why when I got my Remedy this year, I ordered in a Drop-Line to see if it was the same.....

Wish Giant made it in more seatpost sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by CP View Post
    Money down on a Reign 1 :) yew!
    Welcome ;)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234