Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums

Thread: QLD - 2016 Giant Trance 2

Default QLD - 2016 Giant Trance 2

Bike: 2016 Giant Trance 2 - LARGE
    Colour: Grey/Red
    Date it was stolen: 6/1/17
    Where it was stolen: Indooroopilly, Brisbane
    Specs: Dead stock. Bike has Giant flat pedals which are pretty much the only aftermarket part.
    Other Discriptions: Bike has a niterider handlebar mount, sans the actual light.
    The bike was stolen from a garage in a secured carpark. The thieves have cut through a chain and left no evidence, so it looks like a reasonably pro job.

Unfortunately these bikes are a dime a dozen, but if anyone sees something similar pop up on any second hand stores or online then let me know.

Pictures:

NKiqQc1.jpg
    Last edited by Matt H; 10-01-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Different bars but otherwise same spec and conditions on facebook MTB for sale and swap group

Screenshot_20170110-074211-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H View Post
    The bike was stolen from a garage in a secured carpark. The thieves have cut through a chain and left no evidence, so it looks like a reasonably pro job.
    Man that's sucks balls......
    But for the love of all things sacred..... please realise that there is no such thing as a secured car park.

This happens day in , day out! These people are opportunists and target undercover/underground "secure" car parks and storage units.

Easy picking for grubs and scrotes..... If you live in a unit, bring your bike inside, in the bath tub, in your bedroom, on your 5th floor balcony, on your kitchen table, hanging from your ceiling, in your wardrobe, behind your living room lounge etc etc......

Hope you get your bike back , but as you said, they are a dime a dozen... so hopefully the little shit stain doesn't sell it for the price of a packet of or Winfield.

Quote Originally Posted by teK-- View Post
    Different bars but otherwise same spec and conditions on facebook MTB for sale and swap group
    Unless the new "owner" has unmounted & remounted the tyres, that's not it. Don't line up with the rim like the OP photo.

"Secure carpark" is a unicorn. Exists only in people's imagination.

Yup, previously the bike was stored in the apartment - but the missus said no.

I probably only moved it down about 2 or so weeks ago as well.
    It was even reasonably well hidden at the back of the garage and had a sheet thrown over it for good measure.
    Given the size of the chain I thought it would be secured well enough, but oh well - looks like I'll use a d-lock next time.

Cheers for the responses anyway guys, and if anyone sees something suspicious PM or contact me on 0448322285 and I'll send through the serial number.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H View Post
    looks like I'll use a d-lock next time.
    You want to give the thief another bike? No lock will stop someone who's determined.

Quote Originally Posted by hifiandmtb View Post
    You want to give the thief another bike? No lock will stop someone who's determined.
    Worst thing they even done was bring out a battery operated grinder.

P.S. I hope you get it back.
    Last edited by Flow-Rider; 10-01-2017 at 10:22 AM.
    "To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." ~Aristotle.

Quote Originally Posted by hifiandmtb View Post
    Unless the new "owner" has unmounted & remounted the tyres, that's not it. Don't line up with the rim like the OP photo.

"Secure carpark" is a unicorn. Exists only in people's imagination.

Good spot!

FWIW we manage many apartment and commercial office buildings with "secure" carparks and we have lost count of the amount of times that people complain about thefts despite all the signage and notices we give people advising them to hide/secure/insure or just plain avoid storing valuables there. 99% of the time these thefts are inside jobs or someone who has tailgated into the carpark behind a car or a resident.

I dont live in an apartment but our roadies live on the wall in the hallway and mountainbikes on the wall in our bedroom. All the low value bikes are on front and back decks.

I wouldn't trust anything but my shop shitter to be locked up anywhere remotely communal.

I guess if it was in a "secure" carpark insurance will cover it?