Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums | PotD
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swearing

I wonder what happens when one mod tries to ban another mod? The heat death of the universe, probably.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripper
    who's moderating the mods......

taken from this thread> http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=51660
    No one, it's our forum
    Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver.
    Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys given thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down.

"Quis custodet ipso custodes?"
    (apologies to R. Kipling)

I think the very occasional swearing from mods is the least of our problems as far as this issue is concerned.
    I don't bounce like I used to...

Default tell me about it

Quote Originally Posted by johnny
    No one, it's our forum
    never a truer set of words written
    Dispite the name change the song will remain the same.

never a truer set of words written
    Damn straight. You'd think you would get sick of making the same complaint over and over with no effect.......guess not.
    Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver.
    Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys given thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down.

Default I'll call it how I see it....

C'mon johnny ease up, your getting too sensitive.....

sorry sorry, I'll fall into line.......lik lik
    Dispite the name change the song will remain the same.

Not sensitive at all, TBH. I am just lost as to how you will constantly complain about the site and the moderators, yet you still hang around. You make out that if you don't "lik lik" the mods, you cop shit. Well it's more like; If you constantly whinge to the mods like an over sensitive princess, they probably won't appreciate it. Please don't think I'm getting worked up at all. As I said, I'm just absolutely lost for an explanation as to why some one will hang around in a forum they don't like??? Why do it to yourself?

who's moderating the mods......

taken from this thread> http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=51660
    John, I think what I wrote earlier in this thread probably (hopefully) explains the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grip
    the rule here at Farkin is no unnecessary bad language and the admins freely admit to that being quite subjective, but the bottom line is we don't want every post reading like a recording from a back-alley bar room.
    Not trying to make excuses for, or speak on behalf of, others, but I really doubt you have any idea of just how many "incidents" us site volunteers have to deal with every single day in order to make this place as friendly and easy-to-be-on as possible. And you may also not be aware of just how low this place could sink if we let it, but you may want to check out a couple of other biking sites for an indication.

And of course Mods/Admins are human and lose their temper just like the next bloke... sometime MORE than the next bloke for the simple reason that the "next" bloke ISN'T delaing with all those incidents every day.

I really don't think anyone cares too much about the odd "fuck" here and there, REGARDLESS of whether or not it comes from a member or a mod. But a lot of people DO care about...

you fukn cunt, wouldn't know if ther wa s a dick in yo fuck mouth. that bike is jus fucken sik. I fuckin had a fucken cunt of fucken mate who fuckin busted his fuckn nuts on one o them cunts and some other cunt laughed in his fuknface... the cunt!

and THAT is the sort of thing that would just take over if we didn't jump on it... and sometimes we jump using the word FUCK. So like I said, no one really cares about the odd "fuck" here and there, REGARDLESS of whether or not it comes from a member or a mod, but you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about it and obviously see ANY swearing from "us" as total hypocricy. I can see your point, but hopefully you can see mine too and understand the difference and recognise that this place would be very ugly indeed if we just let it all go to hell. :)

Like I said... you obviously see ANY swearing from "us" as total hypocricy whereas I see it as reality.

Cheers
    .................................................. ........................................
    Click here for GripSport bike racks & carriers, frame repairs & painting.

Quote Originally Posted by meatlovers View Post
    Some guy in melbourne repairs frames really well.
    They become much stronger.

Sorry Johnny, we've received a complaint about your response from a member who will remain anonymous. We can't identify this member for risk of reprisals, but this is the last time we can warn you about your lack of flowery, happy-place, magic elf land responses to whining from forum members.

Remember what we pay you for, or would if we paid you, and that's to go around making sure everyone has a pleasant stay at Farkin.net forums. Warning people who have offended, annoyed, abused or targeted other forum members can only be done so long as you do it in a completely passive, non-threatening way that appeals to their intellect and common courtesy in an endevour to make them change their ways and become more thoughtful, considerate forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by Grip

you fukn cunt, wouldn't know if ther wa s a dick in yo fuck mouth. that bike is jus fucken sik. I fuckin had a fucken cunt of fucken mate who fuckin busted his fuckn nuts on one o them cunts and some other cunt laughed in his fuknface... the cunt!
    Haha, Jon, i know you're being serious as all buggery here, but that made me laugh out loud.
    GK3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast