Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #01 FR Drew. Topic: Illegal Dirt Jumps

Thumbs up

cool post!:)
    How does someone legalize a trail?
    Any help will be great
    thanks
    Last edited by BUSHPIG; 14-05-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: more info

Unfortunately a lot of the time you need to first talk about getting legal trails. When everyone sits down and looks at it, what might be the best place for a legal trail once everything is considered isn't always where the existing trail is. Sometime they need to close trails to open the legal ones up.

So bottom line, you need to talk about establishing a legal place to ride, that is the first step.

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association sammydog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHPIG View Post
    cool post!:)
    How does someone legalize a trail?
    Any help will be great
    thanks
    To add to scratchy, the first step to legalising a trail is working out who owns the land, or at the very least manages it.

Start a dialogue with them and go from there, but as he mentioned, the current alignment may not be the best alignment in terms of sustainability.

Thumbs up thanks

In Tamworth, there are two main mountains containing mountain bike trails.
    1.(Known as the Oxley Vale crown land) Behind my place with a North Shore trail i built, cross country loops, all mountain single track, downhill (well... a fire trail that kills!), Dirt jumps (if there still in good condition).
    2. The Tamworth lookout, This mountain contains 2-3 downhill trails (that i know of, there may be more?). And i don't think there is any cross country loops or anything.
    Most Downhill mountain bikers (note: there wouldn't be more than 20 maybe 30 in Tamworth!) ride the Lookout trails. Mainly due to awareness of those trails compared to the Oxley Vale crown land ones.

Anyhow, getting back to the subject. There used to be North Shore at the Tamworth lookout... But the council did not like these structures and so they were removed.:( But ... luckily the downhill trails are still open.
    Hopefully in the future Tamworth will have its own protected Downhill trails that are Nationally recognized.

cheers:)

Default new thread topic

how about north shore for a new thread topic?
    Belrose bicycles. www.belrosebicycles.com
    ITrader
    http://forums.farkin.net/itrader.php?u=29941
    consciousness and energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Seksy View Post
    just splatter paint stripper on them, use some sandpaper on the unpainted parts to give it a real f**ked look.

Bit of a dig, but i'd love to see some Dirt Jumps in Canberra, sure there's the one's at stromlo now, but you have to join the Fact crew for $$$... I think we'd all prefer Dj's that are free to ride, when-ever we like, and well maintained... though at the moment i am workin on my pumpy, and am designing and building another, whats going on for Dj's??? there's BMX tracks yes, but they get a little boring after the 500th run... If you gave me a piece of slightly sloped land, you'd have Dj's, for sure!!! :p give me flat ground, you get a pumpy and jumps in said pumpy... as im building a pumpy with and for a bmx club in ACT :D Who wants Dj's??? I want Dj's!!!
    Jesse
    It Burns Like Having Sex With Someone With Herpes And Using NAPALM FOR LUBE!!! :D ;)
    Successful Trades with: simplesimon, r.ayres1, $ean, JnM, Scott, rocketman1
    2013 Stack-O-Metre: 0

Gungahlin DJ's I expect to get the site fenced in the first week of July and commence dirt deliveries.
    I don't bounce like I used to...

Again, nobody from belconnen, city, woden or tuggeranong really wants to drive to gunners for the only legal dj's in canberra...
    It Burns Like Having Sex With Someone With Herpes And Using NAPALM FOR LUBE!!! :D ;)
    Successful Trades with: simplesimon, r.ayres1, $ean, JnM, Scott, rocketman1
    2013 Stack-O-Metre: 0

True, but until anyone from those areas has spent nearly 6 years working with PC&L, various MLA's, TAMS, AGL, a community council, Lions and Rotary to get agreement on a suitable site and got an approved design through a DA process and sourced funding for a legal project, I guess they put up with what's on offer...

The hope is that by creating a legal set through the appropriate process, the planning folks will see the merit in supplying legal DJ's to riders at other sites around Canberra rather than saying "No" and simply hoping the problem will go away.

Look at this as a pilot project.

If riders follow the conditions of the site with regards to unauthorised modifications, and if the place is cared for and maintained and is seen as a solution to a problem rather than as a pain in the arse by the authorities, then the hope is that we'll see far more...
    I don't bounce like I used to...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123