Dozer

Product Review Joystick 8 Bit LT handlebars and Joystick Binary stem

Touch wood, I’ve never broken a handlebar just riding along. I’ve discovered cracks in my bars before a ride but thankfully not during. I’ve not really seen many failures so it’s reassuring to know the mainstream brands we have available are pretty reliable. If Loic Bruni can downhill the world and not have a busted handlebar by the end of the day then it’s good enough for us right? May I introduce the saucy Joystick 8 Bit LT alloy bars and Joystick Binary stem available from our pals at Mountain Bikes Direct.

Item: Joystick 8 Bit LT alloy handlebars and Joystick Binary stem
Purchased From: Mountain Bikes Direct (bars here and stem here)
Purchase Price: $97.95 for the handlebars, $149.95 for the stem

I’m fussy with handlebars and stem height. I typically go for black bars and a black...
Product Review Pedaling Innovations Catalyst flat pedal
One of the big talking points when you pull your bike off the car is what pedals you’re running. You either ride clips or flats and heckle your mates that use whatever you don’t but it gets complicated in the shuttle when you start talking about different sorts of clips or different sorts of flat pedals. While clips offer a few variations, you’d think flat pedals don’t vary too much do they? Well, this cool creation from Pedaling Innovations gives you a very distinct way to change what you know about flat pedals and can be sourced directly from Mountain Bikes Direct.
Product Review Apparel from DHaRCO
Most of the big time mountain biking apparel makes you either look like a Transformer wearing pyjama’s or a stealth secret service agent trying to hide his identity. In an oh so refreshing way, DHaRCO has made a presence in our world as a super high quality riding brand and brought the good vibes with it. DHaRCO (Downhill associated Riders co) brings a coastal lifestyle feel to their range that feels casual enough to pull in for a burger and beer after standing on the podium at a local race wearing the same kit.
True to their commonly known hash tag #noordinarylife, DHaRCO shares the philosophy with riders that jumping on your bike washes the stress of the day away and brings the good times. It’s my pleasure to have worn some of the gear available from www.dharco.com
DSC_0341.jpg
Product Review 2019 Polygon Siskiu N9 dual suspension
You know what is hotter than the pending Australian summer? This 2019 Polygon Siskiu N9 from Bicycles Online! This is the Polygon enduro bike we’ve waited for and boy does it deliver!
When you make a shortlist of things you want when looking at your next enduro bike you’ll ask is it long travel? Tick. Is it super plush dual suspension? Tick. Can I ride it up the dreaded climbs a bunch of times? You bet! You want it to be half the price of bikes with a similar spec? Have it! Is it possibly the nicest frame design matched with a bang on set of colours? You bet!

Product Review Shingleback Off Road five bike rack

Welcome to the next review! Travelling around the world riding bikes has allowed me to gauge some fairly extensive intel on how people transport bikes. We’re very lucky in Australia to have locally engineered and manufactured bike racks that suit the places we take our bikes and I can safely say that we’ve got some of the best racks in the world. I’ve recently purchased the five bike rack from Shingleback Off Road, read on for the in depth review.
DSC_0223.jpg

Item: Shingleback Off Road five bike rack
Purchased From: Shingleback Off Road ( www.shinglebackoffroad.com )
Purchase Price (approx): Five bike rack is $1,100 including GST. 3,4,5 and 6 bike rack is available starting at $990.
Usage: Transporting any kind of mountain bike

Product outline: The Shingleback Off Road five bike rack is a towbar mounted rack that holds your bikes upright behind your vehicle. It removes the need for a...

Product Review Shovel downhill carbon chain guide and bash guard

We've teamed up with one of Australia's best online mountain bike stores; Mountain Bikes Direct to bring you in depth reviews on the latest and most intriguing parts and accessories you can purchase for your bike.
The values shared by the staff at Rotorburn and Mountain Bikes Direct are the same; we have a huge passion for mountain biking! It's our pleasure to be in a great position to test, review and share our in depth details on some great products available from Mountain Bikes Direct.

Item: Shovel downhill carbon chain guide and bash guard

Purchased From: Mountain Bikes Direct (Click here for the product page)
Purchase Price (approx): $219.95

Usage: Downhill mountain biking

Product outline: The intention of any chain guide is to keep your chain from coming off your front chain ring. With the onset of enduro bikes running a small single...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argo16