Aussie Hip-hop

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I seem to be getting into more and more hip hop and need some quick-fix artists to feed my craving..
If anyone knows of some (other than the obvious mainstream shiz), please post em up!

thanks, your most loved farkin member,
haveheart

ps. iv'e searched more than you can imagine.
Hey Have Heart, can you un-tick the option where you don't receive PM's, because I went to send you one, and you have blocked everyone, just un-tick the box and then I can send you the song names. :D

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Papa Tear;)

Anything i say will have already been mentioned: with the exception of Layla (female).

On the top of my list are Downsyde, BnE, Terra Firma, Funkoars, Pegz, and Bias B. Hilltoppers of course are there too.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well done. I really really like it. The three songs featured are great. Props to you and your mates (and all others involved).

matty_101

Likes Dirt
Papa Tear;)

Anything i say will have already been mentioned: with the exception of Layla (female).

On the top of my list are Downsyde, BnE, Terra Firma, Funkoars, Pegz, and Bias B. Hilltoppers of course are there too.
Im curious, and im not having a go at you mate, but for someone who listens to the likes of TF pegz and the funkoars, do you really find the quality of hilltops lyrics and the meanings of their songs on the same level as the other artists you listen to?

And is this including the new albums?

Im just trying to understand it, if any other people want to chime in, im all ears.

EDIT* is that long german word you wrote even a real word, i speak a moderate amount of german and i've never heard that one

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Im curious, and im not having a go at you mate, but for someone who listens to the likes of TF pegz and the funkoars, do you really find the quality of hilltops lyrics and the meanings of their songs on the same level as the other artists you listen to?
I find the quality of their songs better than anything else i've ever heard. I only put them last because most people know them. They're far more universal than most, and (often, meaning some songs) bring out a philosophical or thought filled side rather than the typical battle rap style which can be seen throughout most other hiphop songs/artists. If you listen to many other Aus hiphop setup's, their lyrics will often slip into mediocre, typical rhyme patterns, where Hilltops bring something fresh every song. In my opinion their lyricism far surpasses other groups, but like i said, that's only my opinion, so feel free to disagree.

And is this including the new albums?
I prefer the Restrung album over their others, purely for the fact they've such a variety on it.

EDIT* is that long german word you wrote even a real word, i speak a moderate amount of german and i've never heard that one
I used a translater cos i was bored. Maybe it's not a real word though, haha.

matty_101

Likes Dirt
I find the quality of their songs better than anything else i've ever heard. I only put them last because most people know them. They're far more universal than most, and (often, meaning some songs) bring out a philosophical or thought filled side rather than the typical battle rap style which can be seen throughout most other hiphop songs/artists. If you listen to many other Aus hiphop setup's, their lyrics will often slip into mediocre, typical rhyme patterns, where Hilltops bring something fresh every song. In my opinion their lyricism far surpasses other groups, but like i said, that's only my opinion, so feel free to disagree.

I prefer the Restrung album over their others, purely for the fact they've such a variety on it.

I used a translater cos i was bored. Maybe it's not a real word though, haha.
Ich weiss es nicht, aber ich bin nicht so intelligent, und deine mutter has ein fanstastich Arsche.

Yeah i just never found their lyrics as anything special, and as for their flow, i found it slow and too simplistic, but then again i never listened to them much. If you want some flow, check out illergic reaction by illergic, its mad happy fresh....sorry. Oh well at least theres more than one oz hip-hop group to chat about.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
New to me is Astronomy Class saw them do a live set on MTV lair (foxtel) and the song they did was really good had the whole crowd going. Did my own research and will be checking out their debut album in the stores September. Only heard 2 songs from them and I liked them and yes they are Aussies.
Album is already out mate. Released September LAST year

Check out the Lair this thursday night for urthboy......

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
MF Doom
Dr Octagon
Bus Driver
Pigeon John
Ugly Duckling
Lyrics Born

Should get you started.

I won't even mention Aussie hiphop acts. If you can't find any Aussie hiphop acts to listen to on your own, you're not really trying!

also try listening to dangerdoom.

an awesome way to find different bands that you'll like (that i've been trying lately at work) if you ahve massive downloads is hop onto myspace and find something you like and then look in their top friends. click on a few of the artists and if you like what you hear (most will have previews of their songs) then go buy albums and name drop. it's how i got onto gnarls barkley, cee-lo, dangerdoom, MF doom, the alkoholiks etc etc. jsut follow the line till you find some good stuff.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
This is what i have on my hard drive at the moment.

Aussie
1200 techniques
Art of War
Astronomy Class
Combat Wombat
Def Wish Cast
Delta
Down Under Beats
Explantery
F&D
Funkoars
Good Buddha
The Herd
Hermitude
Hilltop Hoods
The Hospice crew
Koolism
Lazy Grey
Mneumonic Ascent
Muph & Plutonic
The Optimen
Pegz
Prowla
Reason
The Tounge
Train of Thought
TZU
Urthboy

Overseas
Beastie Boys
Danger Doom
Visionairies

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
This is what i have on my hard drive at the moment.

Aussie
1200 techniques
Art of War
Astronomy Class
Combat Wombat
Def Wish Cast
Delta
Down Under Beats
Explantery
F&D
Funkoars
Good Buddha
The Herd
Hermitude
Hilltop Hoods
The Hospice crew
Koolism
Lazy Grey
Mneumonic Ascent
Muph & Plutonic

The Optimen
Pegz
Prowla
Reason
The Tounge
Train of Thought
TZU
Urthboy

Overseas
Beastie Boys
Danger Doom
Visionairies
loving these 3 aus artists atm. especially TZU.

try getting your hands onto some Butterfingers. damn funny stuff and some pretty good rhymes couples with funky beats. always a winner

matty_101

Likes Dirt
also try listening to dangerdoom.

an awesome way to find different bands that you'll like (that i've been trying lately at work) if you ahve massive downloads is hop onto myspace and find something you like and then look in their top friends. click on a few of the artists and if you like what you hear (most will have previews of their songs) then go buy albums and name drop. it's how i got onto gnarls barkley, cee-lo, dangerdoom, MF doom, the alkoholiks etc etc. jsut follow the line till you find some good stuff.
Im almost positive that danger doom and mf doom are the same person, i think he started as danger and changed down the track.

I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11

Blitzkrieg Films
get some Lyrical Commision. It's totally pro. They are all down with Apathy and Demigodz.

Check it out for sure, if you haven't already.. they make the rest of the aussie stuff look weak

Also check out Anecdote, he is totally unreal. Fucking cool freestyler, he has a new album on the way, and he's done tracks with like Chino XL and shit.. so tee that up.

http://www.myspace.com/anecdote1