Victorian Road Trip DH Advice?

Hey All. i think this would be the most appropriate place to ask this question. my names mark (aka. Hukka), life story short i'm from townsville in north queensland, BUT an comming back home to Victoria for 3 weeks over christmas. my family have a house in Jameison (past mansfeild) and am as keen as to bring my new 08 Norco team dh down and give it a lashing. So could anyone guide me to the eildon dh track and any other good trails in the area (i'm also going to hit mt. buller) it would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers guys.

DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Likes Bikes
hey try mt beauty 2 nice tracks big hill and state track and theres a few differenf finishes and theres mt stanly oarsome high speed track with narlys thrown in but was suffering from bush fire last season but im told its ok both need shuttling and need trail directions ask the beechworth chaingang buller rips 4 tracks plenty of variety and shortish so you can get stuck in top to bottom as for eildon well find the town and youll find thre track its nw of town right against the lake theres a push up at the top i think never been but going this year its a long way from nsw but worth it just to ride the above mentioned tracks :cool:

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey try mt beauty 2 nice tracks big hill and state track and theres a few differenf finishes and theres mt stanly oarsome high speed track with narlys thrown in but was suffering from bush fire last season but im told its ok both need shuttling and need trail directions ask the beechworth chaingang buller rips 4 tracks plenty of variety and shortish so you can get stuck in top to bottom as for eildon well find the town and youll find thre track its nw of town right against the lake theres a push up at the top i think never been but going this year its a long way from nsw but worth it just to ride the above mentioned tracks :cool:
wow thats a long sentence.

buller, two good tracks and a great chairlift :p

eildon is sick fun, pretty rough and unmaintained but fun to ride. shuttle, and sometimes the top track is blocked so push last 200m.

beauty / stanley are both sweet. so much fun.

if there happens to be a ride day at barjarg (private property) while your around, don't under any circumstance miss it. beautiful track.

there are a few more... but id advice hit all of those for sure.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I second Lazy Luke! And as your in the area, the best options are the NE Vic areas. If you do head to Beechworth to hit up Mt Stanley, look up the Woolshed Falls track. I'll be riding it in a few weeks time. If I see a Norco Team DH while I'm at Buller over XMas & NYE i'll say g'day and see if it's you.
Directions....do a search here and you'll be rewarded with riches!!!!:D

Hux

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dont know if you are even allowed to ride Eildon when it isnt an event, regardless of wether or not you push the last bit.

I reckon the best shuttle-able track/s in VIC are at Mt Beauty. You can double up Beauty and Beechworth/Stanley in a weekend. And dont bother with 'Mystic' at Bright...

As long as its not too close to Christmas/New Year, Long Gully at Healesville do ride nights on Thursdays until dark. Cool as place with good shuttles.

Best of luck, might even bump into ya out there!

Sam