Likes Dirt
The manly cookies post inspired me to start a recipe thread:

Lemon & Garlic panfried chicken:
2 large chicken breasts, skin off.
1/2 cup lemon juice.
1/4 cup virgin olive oil.
2 tsp crushed garlic.
1 tbs salt.

Score the chicken breasts with a sharp knife diagonally about 1cm apart & 5mm deep top & bottom & place in a ziplock bag.
Whisk up the other ingredients & pour on top of the chicken. Squeeze the air out of the bag & seal. Place in fridge for a couple of hours.
Remove chicken from fridge & put your griddle pan onto a medium heat for 15 minutes. Spray with canola or olive oil cooking spray & cook chicken for 12 - 15 minutes on each side. Cooking times vary so check it is cooked through before serving.

Serve cut in half with a drizzle of virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Goes well with a mixed mushroom risotto or boiled baby potatoes with garlic butter, and steamed broccoli, carrots, cauliflower etc.

sheepy

Likes Dirt
this is a great idea!

haha it beats my, 2 slices of bread, tin of tuna, sandwich toaster

TomT

Likes Dirt
Jam Sandwhich:

2/ Slices of Bread
1/ Jar of jam

-Carefully take the slices of bread out of the packet.
-Obtain a spreading knife from the cupboard.
-Spread the jam from the jar using the spreading knife.
-Put the pieces of bread together.
-Eat.

fatass

Banned
omgz teh bestezt bac0n & 3GGZ

butter, 3 eggs, salt, milk.

Roughly chop butter and put it onto a bowl with the eggs, put the milk in and also a pinch of salt. Mix up (leave butter in rough pieces) and then pour into frypan, take off when still moist but keeping firm.

|Matt|

Banned
1337357 (leetest) Scrambled Eggs

1 large onion
3-4 pieces of ham (big pieces)
1 large tomato
half a handful of grated cheddar cheese
3 or 4 eggs

1. Dice onion, put in a oiled frying pan to cook on medium heat.
2. Dice ham. Once onion is clear and somewhat cooked, chuck the ham in too.
3. Dice tomato. Throw them in to the pan.
4. Break eggs, put them in a bowl. Beat them until well blended. Put 4 half shell fulls of water in to the beaten egg. Then put the half handful of cheese in and beat carefully.
5. Create a hole in the middle of the mixture in the pan and pour the egg in.
6. Turn heat up and stir until egg and mixture are solid, scrambled egg.
7. Put in a bowl and eat. No salt or condiments are needed.

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jam Sandwhich:

2/ Slices of Bread
1/ Jar of jam

-Carefully take the slices of bread out of the packet.
-Obtain a spreading knife from the cupboard.
-Spread the jam from the jar using the spreading knife.
-Put the pieces of bread together.
-Eat.
Thats receipe is perfect. Good to see ingredients involved a full jar of jam. People who know me will understand :rolleyes:

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bloody mike and his jam sandwiches

if you want a sandwich with half a thing of jam in EACH layer talk to him!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
omgz teh bestezt bac0n & 3GGZ

butter, 3 eggs, salt, milk.

Roughly chop butter and put it onto a bowl with the eggs, put the milk in and also a pinch of salt. Mix up (leave butter in rough pieces) and then pour into frypan, take off when still moist but keeping firm.
Where'd the bacon go? :confused:

Miso noodle soup

1* sachet Miso soup
1* packet 2 minute noodles
chilli flakes
water

Boil enough water in a saucepan to cover the noodles, at the same time boil some water in a kettle. Add noodles and chilli flakes to saucepan (chilli flakes to desired bum-burningness). Bring to boil again for 2 minutes or until cooked to how you like them. Drain noodles.
Place miso soup sachet contents in a bowl, dump noodles on top and pour some of the boiled water over noodles to make the soup. Stir it all around a little bit then eat.

* for those who like more it's one miso soup sachet per noodle packet.

Macr

Likes Dirt
Crispy Chicken

Chicken Breast
Flour
Egg
Deb instant mash potato
Grated cheddar

Coat chicken breast in flour, then dip in beaten eggs. Roll chicken in mix of Deb and grated cheese. Put in oven on 180*C until outer coating is golden brown. Serve and enjoy.

Who would of thought there was actually a use for Deb instant mash potato :p

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
The manly cookies post inspired me to start a recipe thread:

Lemon & Garlic panfried chicken:
1/2 cup lemon juice.
1/4 cup virgin olive oil.
2 tsp crushed garlic.
1 tbs salt.

QUOTE]

Well I took it upon myself to whip this up (close variation thereof) this evening after a twelve hour day - turns out it was a mighty fine idea. Cheers!

gravelclimber

Likes Dirt
I likes the cookin' - like making beer except easier.

Anyway, here's one of my faverouites: a classic that still holds its own:

Bolognese sauce:

To make it properly you should make your own stock and sugo (tomato sauce) but liquid chicken stock and tinned chopped tomato aren't too bad.

It takes a while to make this but it's worth making heaps and freezing - put it on toast, lasagne or whatever.

Ingredients (doesn't have to be exact or anything - just taste it while cooking):
1. 1 large brown onions chopped
2. 1/3 head of garlic - 5 or 6 medium sized cloves crushed
3. 500g Minced veal or if you don't like torturing small cows use minced beef
4. 375ml chicken stock
5. Red wine - 200ml or so (Drink the rest while you're cooking)
7. Sugo (pureed tomato - a couple of small cans of chopped tomato will do)
8. Hand full of fresh oregano chopped fine
9. Good olive oil - buy it cheap from an Italian shop and not the shit from woolies
(Enough for 2)

Here goes:

1. Cook the onion in a large fry pan with plenty of olive oil until soft (not brown)
2. Add garlic and cook for another minute or so
3. Add the mince and keep breaking it apart so it doesn't form clumps - cook till just brown
4. Add the chicken stock, sugo and red wine
5. Cover and cook on low heat for a minimum of 2 hours. The longer the better. Add water if it starts to get thick.
6. Add the oregano with about 1/2 hour to go.

Do this right and it's as good as the best bolognese you'll get at an Italian restaurant. It's ultra cheap as well. I always eat it with fresh pasta (Northern Italy style). Just mix 1 egg per person eating with plain flour till not sticky, need and put in boiling salted water for a few minutes (South Italian uses water and durum flour - not as nice IMO). Run though pasta machine - easy and, contrary to popular belief, not messy.

Last edited:

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
Chilli salt chicken:

Chilli salt chicken:

3 dried red chillis.
1/2 cup of sea salt.

Chilli salt:
Roughly grind the salt & chilli in a mortar & pestle orclean coffee grinder. Store in a clean jar, it improves with age & you should be able to keep it indefinitely.

Score the chicken breasts with a sharp knife diagonally about 1cm apart & 5mm deep top & bottom.
Sprinkle with the chilli salt, (not all of it, just enough to coat it), making sure to work it into the cuts & that the chicken is well coated, & place in a ziplock bag.

Store in the fridge for 2 - 4 hours. The salt should get absorbed into the meat leaving flakes of chilli.

Remove chicken from fridge & put your griddle pan onto a medium heat for 15 minutes. Spray with canola or olive oil cooking spray & cook chicken for 12 - 15 minutes on each side. Cooking times vary so check it is cooked through before serving.

Serve with baked potato & sour cream.

scblack

Leucocholic
Scrambled egg

BEST and easiest scrambled egg

4 Eggs (or as many as you like)
Cream
Salt

In a bowl break in the eggs. Add One tablespoon of cream per egg. Add a bit of salt - not too much. Mix in bowl very well.

Pour into warm saucepan (I use a wok), and very gently fold - do not stir - until thickens. Do not over-cook, a bit runny is better.

To personal tastes, you can add grated cheese, or chopped bacon, or chopped sandwich ham into this.

Its my only cooking speciality.

Rik

logged out
Similar to the first recipe:

Lemon roasted chicken.
Can't be arsed with specifics, you can work it out yourself.
Melt a tablespoon or two of butter, combine it with crushed garlic and lemon pepper. Take a lemon, slice it finely.
Get your chicken ready for roasting, stuff it with 5-10 slices of lemon, place it on a wire rack in a baking tray then coat the outside of it with the melted butter mix. Stick bits of sliced lemon on the outside of it, and sprinkle with a bit more lemon pepper.
Roast it on a fairly high temperature, after about 20 minutes a lot of juices will start collecting in your baking dish. You want to baste the chicken with these juices, so every 10 minutes or so remove the chicken from the oven and spoon/brush the liquid over the chicken.
Hopefully towards the end of cooking you'll have a nice crispy brown finish on the chicken, you might want to turn it upside down to brown the bottom of it too.

For a gravy, let the pan juices sit and spoon most of the fat off the top. Use the rest of the juices to make a roux, add a bit of cream and more lemon pepper to that and let it thicken.

Serve with roasted vegetables and a few greens.

Enjoy :)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Now, if you're as bad in the kitchen as I am (i.e Any attempts to fire up the stove result in the house being raided by either The AFP Drug Squad or ASIO) then you've really got to set your sights pretty low when it comes to dining in. Or just order a takeaway.

Unfortunately when it comes to entertaining a young fillie you really can't be having some greasy teenage ratbag from Domino's ringing the doorbell and spoiling the mood. So I've devised a foolproof recipe for success that only requires the minimum of effort, a low outlay on ingredients and just a smidgeon of brutal violence.

Now tonight we're going to be cooking up a delightful little dish I call haricots sur pain grille avec fromage

Now first things first you'll need ingredients:

1 block of cheese
1 tin of beans (Heinz if you're feeling fancy)
4 slices of bread
some butter
1 jar cracked pepper
1 small jar tabasco sauce
1 bottle of Famous Grouse whisky (actually make that 2)
1 large saloon car (commodore or falcon? meh, just make sure it has a large boot)
1 roll of duct tape
half a dozen large zip-ties
1 small canister of CS gas and/or mace
1 pump action shotgun
1 9mm Berretta 92 automatic pistol
1 balaclava

Now as I mentioned earlier, if you're like me and hopeless in the kitchen you'll probably require a bit of help and seeing as you're out to impress a lady, you'd better make sure the help is good enough.

So for today, I've picked Shannon Bennet of famed Melbourne restaurant Vue De Monde. Now obviously Mr Bennet's services don't come cheap, but a handy little money saving cheat is to drive round to Vue De Monde early afternoon. I'd start tucking into the whisky as you're driving -remember cooking's supposed to be fun and you don't want nerves to be spoiling your work. Park out the front (maybe leave the engine running), put on the balaclava then proceed inside firing a couple of warning shots into the air with the shotgun to grab everyones attention.
Now there's no point in needless bloodshed just yet, so if you meet any resistance from waiters, customers etc. just spray them in the face with a little bit of CS gas.

IMPORTANT NOTE! On no account spray into the face of Mr Bennett. Remember his culinary skills rely on his ability to smell and taste!

Instead pistol-whip the snooty c*** around the back of the head a couple of times, add in a couple of kidney punches then tie up his hands with the zip-ties and place the duct tape around the mouth. HAve a few more mouthfuls of whisky then drag him out to the car (by this time, if there are any more 'have-a-go heroes' I'd forget about the mace and just use the shotgun), place him in the boot and drive back home.

Once you're back in the kitchen, take off the gag and zip-ties and let the maestro do his work. I'm sure he'll be able to whip up an astounding concoction with the ingredients supplied.

By this time your date should be almost at the door so quickly re-tie Bennett, give him some whisky for his troubles (and to calm him down a bit) then replace the duct tape and store him back in the boot of the car. EDIT: remember to take off the balaclava now...
After which the lovely young lady should arrive and you can both light the candles, break out a bottle of the fruity lexia and settle down for a delightful meal. After that, who knows ;)

(Note: This recipe only really works if you're in Melbourne. I do have a similar one for all you Sydneysiders that involves Neil Perry of Rockpool. Just send a stamp-addressed envelope to Stella Towers, Southbank, Melbourne. The rest of the country?Well, I guess you're on your own:eek:)

Last edited:

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
griddle pan onto a medium heat for 15 minutes. Spray with canola or olive oil cooking spray
i find having the pan as hot as possible to almost smoking to have the best result. sear and lift almost immediately and then let to cook.

a whole breast should take around 20 mins, but i always finish griddle pan meals in the oven as the grill pan leaves the grill mark and the oven produces a nice even cook.

and i almost never use oil. because everytime there is oil the heat will burn it up and cling to the food and resulting food turns into smokey oil flavour.

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1 large onion
3-4 pieces of ham (big pieces)
1 large tomato
half a handful of grated cheddar cheese
3 or 4 eggs

1. Dice onion, put in a oiled frying pan to cook on medium heat.
2. Dice ham. Once onion is clear and somewhat cooked, chuck the ham in too.
3. Dice tomato. Throw them in to the pan.
4. Break eggs, put them in a bowl. Beat them until well blended. Put 4 half shell fulls of water in to the beaten egg. Then put the half handful of cheese in and beat carefully.
5. Create a hole in the middle of the mixture in the pan and pour the egg in.
6. Turn heat up and stir until egg and mixture are solid, scrambled egg.
7. Put in a bowl and eat. No salt or condiments are needed.

might as well put some ram chips, power cords, and some leaking lcd monitor.
all served on a couple of cds or for added fancyness some hard drive plates.

|Matt|

Banned
might as well put some ram chips, power cords, and some leaking lcd monitor.
all served on a couple of cds or for added fancyness some hard drive plates.
What the hell does that mean. Your jokes are pretty lame, maybe stop trying?