Recipe of the day

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Seeded Mustard Chicken

quick, easy, hard to fark up and looks impressive.....

Chicken breast
thickened cream
seeded mustard
sweet hurricane cheese (available in most Woolies/Coles. If not, then just use a bity aged cheddar......and some parmesan if you like bite)
white wine.

Cook your breasts in a hot pan so you get the brown crusty bits on the outside while the inside is still quite pink and moist.

Turn down the heat to a medium setting, throw in your cream, mustard (fairly healthy dolop) and white wine (easy on the wine). After the sauce has reduced (little bit thicker than original consistency), chuck in the grated cheese, simmer for a little bit and serve.

All ingredients are added in amounts of your own liking. Two chicken breasts equals 2X300/1x600ml of cream. THe more wine, mustard and cheese you add or the longer you let the sauce cook/reduce, the bitier the sause will be.

This is my sister's recipe.

Last edited:

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
After which the lovely young lady should arrive and you can both light the candles, break out a bottle of the fruity lexia and settle down for a delightful meal. After that, who knows ;)

(Note: This recipe only really works if you're in Melbourne. I do have a similar one for all you Sydneysiders that involves Neil Perry of Rockpool. Just send a stamp-addressed envelope to Stella Towers, Southbank, Melbourne. The rest of the country?Well, I guess you're on your own:eek:)
If you don't score then the kidnapping, torture & humiliation of a celebrity chef is reward in itself.

Ant27

Likes Dirt
The Wirly Bird

Me and my mate were bored one night so we went to the freezer to get some ice-cream. So we got some and we wanted to add some topping but we had none. So we found a tin of Milo and through some Milo over the ice-cream then we got a spoon and Wirled it around for like 5 minutes and it makes into a like think soft serve icecream then we ate it and its the best ice-cream ive ever had.

Ingredients:
+ Ice-cream
+ Milo

Tools:
+Spoon
+Bowl

enjoi :D

Ant

Ozza

Eats Squid
Eggs and Noodles.

Get some noodles like the twisty short ones or the shells/tubes and cook them up. Also seperately scramble some eggs.

Then put them together in one, generally 75 percent the little noodles and 25 percent the scrambles eggs. Add a bit of salt and its so mint!

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best use of Pocket Bread is as a Pizza base. Very handy because they come in packets of 10 or so and can be kept on hand in the freezer.

Cooking time is usually only between 5-10mins depending on what your toppings are and how crisp you like your Pizza. Toppings are pretty much unlimited. I like to utilise any ham or left over taco mince and and bung it on the Pocket Bread.

As I say, very easy and quick way to make a very nice Pizza.

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bbq sauce + cheese on toast.

Best snack when your feeling a tad peckish at 2am and feeling a bit tired of the same old 8 weetbix with half a jar of sugar.

Pre heat oven to 170 degrees.
Cook toast in toaster until brown.
Put desired amount of bbq on and spread.
Sprinkle cheese so it completely covers sauce.
Place in oven until cheese is totally melted.

Its a good idea to have tissues close by, because these are pure orgasm material. ;)
And heres one I prepared earlier. ;)

Last edited:

fletcha2233

Likes Dirt
Bbq sauce + cheese on toast.

Best snack when your feeling a tad peckish at 2am and feeling a bit tired of the same old 8 weetbix with half a jar of sugar.

Pre heat oven to 170 degrees.
Cook toast in toaster until brown.
Put desired amount of bbq on and spread.
Sprinkle cheese so it completely covers sauce.
Place in oven until cheese is totally melted.

Its a good idea to have tissues close by, because these are pure orgasm material. ;)
And heres one I prepared earlier. ;)

ok so you steal my recipe and dont give me any credit:mad:
you even wrote desired amout of bbq sauce. *cute*

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Greatest Recipe of all time.

Bread.
Ingredients:
Bread (in a bag, prefferably)

Method:
1. Remove bread from bag.
2. Enjoy.

joy boy

Likes Dirt
good banana smoothie.
ingrediants:1/2 real banana
1 cup milk
2 teas. sugar
1 drop honey
blender
1. wack all that in the blender,
2. add amount of ice to desired smoothness, (6 cubes is usually good)
3.blend
4. enjoy

Seperate ending
4. give to dog and go buy a milkshake from macca's

here's another cheese on toast one.
put a slice of chees on a peice of bread,
put in microwave untill melted
sprinkle w/ oregano leaves

nizai

Likes Dirt
Thai Chicken With Cashew Nuts

A personal favourite of mine that I did for the first time only last week.
Its not too spicy (especially if you use green chilli)...

You will need…

1-2 Red/Green Chillies (i used green, much slower burn, thai restaurants use dried red ones.)
500gm of chicken, sliced thinly so it cooks fast
1 Tablespoon of Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
3 Tablespoons of Chicken Stock
1/2 Teaspoon of Sugar
4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Couple of handfulls of Cashews
1/2 capsicum sliced thinly
1 small onion cut into 6 wedges
2 spring onions finely sliced
Handfull of snowpeas cut into 1-2cm squares
Couple of garlic cloves (used minced, just as good)

1. Cut the chilli in half, remove the seeds and the membrane hot bit. Slice it into small square pieces

2. Mix the fish sauce, oyster sauce, stock and sugar in a small bowl

3. Heat up the oil in the wok and stir fry your cashews until they are browning nicely. Remove them and put them on some paper to drain.

4. Using the same oil, stir fry your chilli until it browns a touch on the outside, gives it a nice aromatic smell too. Remove the chilli and put them with the cashews.

5. Using the same oil again, pop in the garlic and crank the heat to medium, get it a bit bubbly as the garlic browns in the oil.

6. Add yer chicken and up the heat again, stir fry it until 90% cooked

7. Add the onion, break it up with your wok spoon and let it cook a little bit with the chicken, then add the sauce mixture, capsicum and snow peas.

8. Stir fry a bit more, add your cashews, chillies and spring onions to the mix. Season with some pepper.

I had this with some rice vermicelli noodles, but you can just as easily have it with rice or other types of noodles.

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
Pancakes with Banana and caramel sauce..yummy
Do the sauce first,let it cool
1 cup white sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup fresh cream
big stainless pot 25cm
dissolve sugar in the water ,slowly ,when water is nearly all boiled off steam will stop rising.Turn the heat way down as sugar goes from cooked to burnt in the blink of an eye if left up too high.Also cooking sugar is about 3 times hotter than boiling water so dont be sticking your finger in it.
When the sugar turns amber take it off the heat and SLOWLY add the cream while whisking constantly. Should end up looking like thick beer colour,let it cool down and taste it,yum.
Pancakes
for 2 people
1 cup sr flour
1 large egg
1.5 cups milk,warmed
pinch salt
1 tbsn butter melted in the milk
pinch bicarb soda in a teaspoon of hot water
Mix all ingredients together with a whisk ,add the bicarb last,if the mix is too thick it will not spread in the pan ,if too thin the edges of the pancake will be jagged.
Cook all the pancakes,this mix makes enough for about 8 pancakes ,slice up a nice banana and top the pancakes with ice cream,banana and poor over the now only warm homemade caramel sauce,eat and enjoy.
Seems like a lot of work but it took longer to type this than it does to make it .Seriously 45 minutes should kill it. You wont know what your missing.

Flatpie

Grab a frozen pie of your desired fill. Place frozen pie into sandwich maker or george foreman thing on medium heat until flat and crispy.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
Best beef stew & herby dumplings

Stew:
500g round steak, nicely marbled with little fat.
6 large potatoes.
1 large onion.
3 carrots.
2 parsnips.
2 tsp crushed garlic.
3 beef Oxo cubes.
1 tsp salt.
1 tsp ground black pepper.

Slice onion & place in bottom of cast iron casserole dish, (a Le Creuset one will be $300 or more, I got an Ikea one for $60), or large saucepan.
Crush Oxo cubes & sprinkle over onions along with salt & pepper.
Then the garlic.
Cut steak into large cubes & layer over onions.
Chop parsnips & carrots & layer over beef.
Peel potatoes & cut into quarters & layer over parsnips & onions.

Top up casserole dish with boiling water level with the ingredients. Bring to a boil & turn down to a medium simmer. Cover & leave for 30 - 45 minutes, (go make your dumplings), without stirring then give a big stir & cover again.

Dumplings:

1 packet of minced suet.
1 cup of self raising.
1 tsp dried mixed herbs.
1/2 tsp salt.
1/2 cup water.

Mix suet, flour, herbs & salt in large mixing bowl & make well in centre. Mix in water until you have a firm, pliable dough. Cover & leave for 30 minutes. Put a layer of flour on a dinner plate, then spoon balls of the dough onto the plate with a teaspoon & roll into shape. There should be 20 or so dumplings.

Drop the dumplings into the stew one at a time, try & leave some space between them. Cover and leave for 15 - 20 minutes, then remove lid & simmer for another 5 - 10 minutes.

Serve, eat far too much, have seconds, maybe some extra dumplings, feel sick.

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What can I say. These are fvcking brilliant! A definite improvement over the original Manly Cookie. What you get is a soft, moist, crumbly vanilla biscuit base, loaded with your choice of chocolate. I've baked these with M&M's and peppermint chocolate so far, but something gooey like a few Mars bars would just the the dog's danglers.

Recipe:

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
As much as 4 tablespoons vanilla extract (you literally can't put too much in this mixture!)
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups plain flour
2/3 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cream sugar and butter together. Stir in egg. Fold in flour and baking soda. Grease oven tray, and rather than making individual cookies, just pour the whole mixture in brownie style. You want it to be quite deep at this stage (about 2cm is perfect). Bake until golden brown - should still feel gooey to touch (this hardens as the mixture cool). Once the cookies are cooked, break up your chocolate, and drops it on the surface (I also push it into the cookie to get it a bit marbled). Whack the whole thing back in the oven for another 3 minutes or so (just to get the chocco to melt). Cut into squares, and seperate from oven tray. Yum! I would

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
I do alot of cooking, I do very little baking.

The above is why.

I can't eat something I knowingly put a cup of butter or sugar into.

I can eat stuff when I dont know whats in it though :D

N
I like making bread, (I've a recipe for bhaturas, (Indian puffed leavened breads), that I have to post), but don't like baking as such, too much chemistry & precision for my tastes.