My bike diary

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From the oldest...

Assama Rockline Comp. I bought it as a frame with RS Mag 21 forks way back in about 1996 and built it up. It's been built up a few different ways since.

1999 Norco VPS2 that i bought as a frame and built up in 2000.

Santa Cruz Nomad that i bought in 2006. Pretty much the only things left from the original build are the forks, frame and seat. Everything else has been replaced with different bits going from the version with the XTR cranks to the version with the RF cranks.

Fuji Team road bike that i bought second hand of a work mate for an absolute bargain.

Sanderson Life 853 steel hardtail i bought last year. Originally it had Fox F100X forks and Hayes HFX discs but i hated the forks and wanted to try out the new XT discs instead so they are on there now.

The Devinci Magma isn't mine, but my gf's.

Attachments

Last edited:

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wow nice rides...you have a lot...i especially love the santacruz nomad...its ballin:p

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2 santa cruz's! you are a lucky man......
Nah only one Nomad. I just put different parts on it after having it for about 8 months.

The changes were...

Wheels - DT Swiss FR6.1D rims/NSB 20mm front hub/Dice Roulette rear hub/DT 14g spokes/Continental Diesel tyres ---> Mavic Crossmax SX/Maxxis Minions tubeless
Stem - Truvativ Husselfelt ---> Syncros AM
Bars - Truvativ Husselfelt ---> Answer ProTaper
Shifters - 06 X9 ---> 07 X9
Front Derailleur - Deore ---> XTR
Rear Derailleur - 06 X9 ---> 07 X9
Brakes - 06 Juicy 5 ---> 07 Juicy 5
Seat Post - Easton EA50 ---> Thomson
Cranks - 06 XTR ---> RF Atlas
Rear Shock - Fox DHX-C 5.0 ---> CCDB
Cassette & Chain - 06 SRAM PG-990 ---> 07 SRAM PG-990

I think that's everything.

Most of the bits i swapped out went onto the GF bike.

Yeah i still have them all.:)

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks really good with the red and white what do you use it for dh and a bit of everything else

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah i just use it for a bit of everything, and although the bike definitely exceeds my abilities, it's a lot of fun!:D

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The new road bike, and a pic of all of them in the rack, including the gf Giant ocr2 flat bar roadie but not including my new bike. I need to find a space for that one.:) Still sorting the stem length out properly too so i'll have a better/flashier one on there when that's worked out.:)

Attachments

Last edited:

BM Epic

Eats Squid
After watching you ride g-brook the other day and secretly coveting your bike, i have come to the conclusion that you have a perfect bike for riding coupled with a riding style that makes a grown man cry, you don't need any other bikes, the nomad with you piloting it makes a very potent combination!
Although i couldn't part with my epic!:)..cane creek double barrel...drool..drool!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Nomad is gone and i've replaced it with a Pivot Firebird.

Spec List
Frame: 2009 Pivot Firebird, small size, rootbeer anodised, Fox DHX 5.0 rear shock that may be replaced with the CCDB i still have.
Fork: 2009 Fox Float RC2.
Wheels: Mavic Crossmax SX.
Brakes: Shimano XT, 8" front and 7" rear.
Cranks: Shimano Saint 22/36/BR 170mm length
Pedals: Time Aliums.
Chain: Sram PC990.
Cassette: Sram 990 11-34.
Rear Derailleur: Sram X0.
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Tyres: Continental Rubber Queens 2.4" UST.
Stem: Syncros AM, 75mm length
Handlebars: FSA K Force DH 40mm rise
Grips: Oury lock-ons.
Shifters: Sram X0 running full length housing.
Seat Post: Crank Bros Joplin.
Seat: SDG Bel Air RL
Headset: FSA Orbit Extreme 1.5R

And the stable as it now sits...

So that's a Pivot Firebird custom build, Giant XTC Two2One custom build, Giant Anthem custom build, Giant OCR2 converted to flat bar roadie, Devinci magma custom build and an EMC2 custom build. :D

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I swapped the Sanderson frame for the Anthem frame. I rode the Half Fling on the Sanderson and decided i'm too soft for a hardtail. :p