L'officiel Le Tour 2008 Thread!

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
I think tonight will make him or break him. I'm betting on it making him. Catching up and finishing that last stage after catching some idiot spectator's bag and nearly farking himself show's how solid he is mentally.

I've had broken ribs for a couple of weeks and can't lie down so I've been sleeping in a recliner in front of 'le tour'. Excellent. Tonight will be a cracker!

craign

Likes Dirt
Nup, pretty much always the Bridesmaid (given the era most probably beaten by riders doped up to the gills on EPO...)

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Who else here has tour fever?

I went for a ride today, ended up doing vertical 2312m worth of climbing all day on 7-14% gradient... My lungs are dead, it hurts to breathe. My average heartrate was 173bpm! Damn this tour fever is going to kill me! :(

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
c'mon Cadel ...

Last night's stage was the first I've managed to catch ... very impressed with the kick on Ricco ... But was pedalling for Lang.

To add to the suspense ... my son decided to spit the dummy 4ks out ... Bah, things I do for my Kids ... lucky he went back to sleep in time for me to see Ricco cross.

$tanker$

Likes Dirt
does anyone know how cadel stacked?.. i havnt heard or read how i wanna know.
was it a collision with another rider?
but there wasn't any footage of the stack anyway.

because i started watching just when the doctor was fixing him up
his wounds look nasty.

Bodin

GMBC
Can someone please explain the point of "building a team around Cadel" if they're all going to fall straight off him at the first sign of a decent climb?

This is ridiculous. For him AND Robbie. :mad:

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can someone please explain the point of "building a team around Cadel" if they're all going to fall straight off him at the first sign of a decent climb?

I was thinking the same. What has happened to Popovich, didn't he win a mountains stage last year?

He was supposed to be his main wingman but was one of the first to go.

gravelclimber

Likes Dirt
Did Cadel get yellow? Looks almost like a tie.

woohohohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like he got it by 1 second! Hopes that's right.

Bodin

GMBC
I was thinking the same. What has happened to Popovich, didn't he win a mountains stage last year?

He was supposed to be his main wingman but was one of the first to go.
Well, if Popovych ever needed motivation, he's got it now. 1 second to defend. GO CADEL!!!

Tomas

my mum says im cool

Exactly what i was thinking. What a waste of cash.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, if Popovych ever needed motivation, he's got it now. 1 second to defend. GO CADEL!!!
Lets hope so. Maybe we should post on his website to lift his game. Cioni and Aerts are doing a better job.

But for tonight, we sleep. Been hard living on less than 5hrs sleep a night for the last 10 days. The ride into work this morning wasn't nice.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Yes! Cadel in yellow by 1 second. He looked in pain from that crash. His face had the expression of massive road rash. The spectators get so close on the climbs, it's crazy. Hopefully he can increase his lead and use his crash as an extra opportunity to fire up. Go Cadel!

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My three favourite moments from last night:

1. True hardman Jens Voigt putting the hurt on everybody - still my favourite rider

2. Cadel attacking his group on the final climb:eek:

3. Ricco riding alongside the Evans and Menchov group, making it look easy and staring them down like a track sprinter just ready to go.

I'm wondering if Silence really wanted to gain the jersey last night, or if they were just trying to limit the loses to Schlek. If they were struggling to support Evans up till now how are they going find the power to control the peleton all the way to Paris from here. Having said that, do they want to cede control to CSC who looked pretty strong all day.

Emmett

Likes Dirt
My three favourite moments from last night:

1. True hardman Jens Voigt putting the hurt on everybody - still my favourite rider

2. Cadel attacking his group on the final climb:eek:

3. Ricco riding alongside the Evans and Menchov group, making it look easy and staring them down like a track sprinter just ready to go.

I'm wondering if Silence really wanted to gain the jersey last night, or if they were just trying to limit the loses to Schlek. If they were struggling to support Evans up till now how are they going find the power to control the peleton all the way to Paris from here. Having said that, do they want to cede control to CSC who looked pretty strong all day.

1. Jens Voigt is made of steel. Besides Hincapie he would be number one for support on my dream team list. It is a privilege to watch Jens race.

2.) I don't want to take anything away from Cadel but I honestly wasn't that impressed by his pseudo-attacks. Hopefully when and if he decides or is required to attack he has more in the tank than what I saw last night. Congratulations on the yellow (even if you weren't aiming for it).

3.) Hats off to Ricco, hopefully he has burnt himself out a little and Cadel can just keep on grinding..