Shimano centrelock hubs?

Oracle

Likes Dirt
Howdy,

I've a Shimano M575 wheelset (on the wifes bike), and have been thinking about buying a set of XT and XTR wheels for my bike (to replace the Mavic Crossrides) so that I can have a permanent set of road and MTB tyres and just replace the wheels as needed. Also gives me a spare set of wheels if I get into enduro riding at a later stage.

Now, if I buy three sets of the same rotors (say XT centrelock) will the discs be the same distance from the centre of the (LX, XT and XTR) hubs or will I need to adjust the disc brakes everytime I swap between wheelsets?

Same goes for rear cassette, which of course will be SRAM 9 speed systems?

Cheers, Lee.

crash bandicoot

Likes Dirt
I've got both xt and xtr hubs fitted with xt and xtr rotors and can swap wheels with no problems. The hubs should be the same width.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
While in theory, it should work, I forsee slight rubbing issues because no one is perfect. It would probably be a good idea to simply loosen the brakes off, hold down the lever (to center the caliper block on the rotor) and tighten them when you change wheelsets.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
While in theory, it should work, I forsee slight rubbing issues because no one is perfect. It would probably be a good idea to simply loosen the brakes off, hold down the lever (to center the caliper block on the rotor) and tighten them when you change wheelsets.
I would go with ango on this one, i have two sets of wheels both with xt rotors, they are slightly different in widths and one being older has a slight warp, it takes only a couple of minutes to adjust and i am away, it seems that no 2 rotors are exactly the same!