Sam Hill on his Demo 8 at Adelaide

B1KR BOI

Likes Dirt
Wow! That doesnt look natural at all :( He looks uncomfortable to me, itll be interesting how he performs. Its good to see him racing some national rounds again too :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Those photos alone would have just sold 42 new Demo's. The bike looks rad! Think I might get one..............:D

HEC

Likes Bikes
There's been alot of talk on other threads about how the demo 8 is just a big huck machine but the sales assistant at my LBS pulled one off the rack for me and weighed it on the electronic scales (2009 Demo 8, the new blue one), result...18.16 Kg's. Even he didn't know it was that light!

I reckon Sam's gonna have an alright year on his new bike and as for me...I WANT ONE BAD NOW!:p

Plow King

Little bit.
I'm not sure how it would perform as obviously it's probably some tricket out custom geo bike, but one thing I'm sure of is that it looks like shit.

I think he should of posted up a thread asking what colour to paint his bike on here before doing it.

Shitbrown/White Duo tone paintjob = fail.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I'm not sure how it would perform as obviously it's probably some tricket out custom geo bike, but one thing I'm sure of is that it looks like shit.

I think he should of posted up a thread asking what colour to paint his bike on here before doing it.

Thats what they said about kermet the frog fluro green... But now its iconic.

maxybon1234

Likes Dirt
Not a fan of the paint job in the slightest, but I've always like the look of the Demo's. He does look a bit out of shape (position wise) on the bike, but I'm sure that's cause it's a new bike, give it a couple weeks and I;m sure he'll be killing it. It's great to see him doing some of the nat rounds this year too. I hope he races youies (coz I'll be there). Also, I cannot wait till those forks are relesed, I want me a pair.
Cheers

lobstar

Likes Dirt
yeh the red looks nasty in those pics, but it did look really sick at interbike.
i just hope that they design a new frame, with lots of input from sam, since they could have a real winning frame if they did that

Lorday

Eats Squid

Agree, and disagree:

Agree: on the shitty looking bike, should go back to glow-in-the-dark/green/black, that will always be his "true" colours.

Disagree: on the shit brown, its more of a shit burgundy.

And to who ever said he doesn't look comfortable on that bike I agree, the bike looks too big for him, he seems like he really spaced out/awkardly positioned....

Bring on Specialized's new bike: The steel stallion....

...same geo as the sunday wc I heard

drewie162

Likes Dirt
It be interesting to see his results. Personally I think it is pretty poor judging a rider purely because his frame is a "shit brown burgendy".

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Since when has the bikes looks become an important factor in winning races?
Winning a race on a shit looking bike isn't going to make people buy the bike, because no matter how much it won the race by, it still looks like a shithouse bike.

Good looking bike + good rider + winning race = winning amounts of $$$$ for the company involved.

Yes I realize production bikes are different colours, but 13 year olds with rich daddy's don't know that.