Carpet and Dh Track????????

bikeguy70

Banned
I have some old carpet that i saved from going to the tip and i was thinking of putting some carpet on the track me and friends have been makin. I was thinking of putting carpet on some rough landings that erode alot and stuff. I was woundering if you could share your thoughts in it.

heggers

Likes Bikes
Seems like a good Idea. Let us know how it works. there are a few trails that I ride that need alot of attention

bikeguy70

Banned
Seems like a good Idea. Let us know how it works. there are a few trails that I ride that need alot of attention
thanks getting new carpet this wednesday so i will put the old stuff on later in the week probly friday. ill update when its done and ill get some pics up.:)

jonjon86

Likes Dirt
All the trails I use to ride & build when I was BMX'ing (thankfully now converted back) used it everywhere on landings. We even used it on a few jumps.

Works a treat at stoping erossion from rain & wind and goes a long way to preventing too much tyre dammage to the jumps & trail.

Note of caution though. these tracks didn't require braking until the very end. I'd think the carpet could cause some issues in that department. I'd try to avoid placing it in braking areas or if its completely neccesary, peg it down as was suggested before.

carpo

Likes Bikes
I have some old carpet that i saved from going to the tip and i was thinking of putting some carpet on the track me and friends have been makin. I was thinking of putting carpet on some rough landings that erode alot and stuff. I was woundering if you could share your thoughts in it.
yeah it will work really well, it will keep the ground moist and compacted and wont erodo as much so yeah great idea just make sure it is secrued down

tc2233

Likes Dirt
Are you building a new track or are you adding the carpet to the track you built a about 6 months ago.

juzz

Likes Dirt
It sucks and pulls up anywhere where people are braking and I have seen a couple of people go down because of it.

bikeguy70

Banned
the areas on the track are areas that you don't break on unless your a pussy.:D it should be right because it is just for landings

pieno

Likes Dirt
They use it at Silverstar in a braking section and it works fine. Just depends how you implement it really

Toxicity

one of those boys your mother warned you about
Im pretty sure it should work, make sections erode less n a bit softer, it works well for DJ, should for DH, post on how it goes?