Melbourne dirt jumps

richiev

Likes Bikes
I've only just bought my dirt jumper and want to test it out around melbourne. I haven't done much DJing so don't really know where the good places to go are. where abouts are some good jumps in melbourne?
I just read about the windsor ones and may go check them out sometime, and I was riding down at Yarra Bend Park in Kew and found a couple of jumps there, but where else are some good ones. I'm trying to compile a list of melbourne jumps.
cheers all.

richiev

Likes Bikes
thanks for the link DJK, found some good stuff on that site after searching through it a little bit.
anyone else got some more jumps?

S.

ex offender
fastrider gus said:
ask curtisrider... maybe he can tell you some spots..
ahaaa! I was about to say the same thing! Specifically, ask where the Serb trails are. If he says they don't exist anymore, he's lying.

kizza

Likes Dirt
there are some nice ones in lilydale. and around that area(croydon, heathmont etc..).
ohhh and the Wonga Park jumps just got fixed up.

kizza

Likes Dirt
woot!!!. has anyone jumped the big one a lilydale??? me and a mate fixed it up today and hit it a few times. some crashes and a couple of goodies. if u wanna do it its the one to the far far left, its got about a 25 foot gap, ull see it.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
if your about to start all the dirt at jumps is pretty hard and sketchy at the moment so take it easy,

try goin out to eltham with some others, there are also some good begginers jumps in hurstbridge behind the primary school,

ah windsor, ummm, bmx tracks like knox, oakleigh and park orchards,

ummm

altona,

there are more, but most of the jumps at the moment in melbourne are shagged becaus e People steal shovels, and it hasnt rained in at least 3 weeks so jumps have crumbled and cracked and gone all dusty and dangerous, this includes ALL the jumps in ivanhoe

oh and what are serb trails?

curtisrider

Eats Squid
kizza said:
woot!!!. has anyone jumped the big one a lilydale??? me and a mate fixed it up today and hit it a few times. some crashes and a couple of goodies. if u wanna do it its the one to the far far left, its got about a 25 foot gap, ull see it.
25 thats large. i want to see pics

kizza

Likes Dirt
i am probably going to go on saturday, so ill either have pics / movies then or u can come and see it for yourself.
i wish i had taken the camera today, would have seen some nasty crashes.

kizza

Likes Dirt
i am probably going to go on saturday, so ill either have pics / movies then or u can come and see it for yourself.
i wish i had taken the camera today, would have seen some nasty crashes.

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Diamond creek trails are really good. they are all resonable size so they aren't to good as a beginner but there are lots of lines when you get the hang of dirt jumping

.243rider

Likes Dirt
serb has been gone 4 months and months. AV got dozed ages ago aswell there is only 1 set left in ivanhoe but.... that is for curtis me n tha boys 2 Know

Shovel boy

Cannon Fodder
dirt jumps

Gday
there are some jumps in chealtenham at the end of park rd, just next to the station if any wanna hit some jumps there...

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Holy Mc'CRAP! You should just take a long hard look at your self and just think about what you have just done! :mad:

*shakes head* I hope the banning stick comes your way!

kevp_93

Likes Bikes
NO GO:[/U]
- Ivanhoe (eroded and shit)

- AV (shoudn't count as dj's)

- Serbs & Pdj's (anywhere around ivanhoe is no longer any good)

GO FOR IT:[/U]
- Windsor (dirts crap but jumps are ok)

- H.E. Parker (plenty of lines, good for the intermediate rider)

- Croydon Hills (really well formed and good size, for the more experienced djer)

- Diamond Creek (NOT FOR BEGINNERS, plenty of lines, big jumps and rhythm sections)