Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Illinbah

Votes: 59 38.1%
  • Beauty

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

magni

Likes Dirt
I say Youies, just because its close to home and i can compare my fearsome speed to the pro's:rolleyes:

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
illinbah is close to home, stromlo has the groundspace for tents and all that events(other tracks probably do to) and thredbo has the facilities and scenery, scissor paper rock anyone?

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
It should be at Illinbah, from what I've heard the track is awesome. Would be better held in the ski fields but the unfortunate part is they are covered in snow when the UCI rounds are being held, a slight problem there.

If I was in charge of SA I'd cut a track from Mt Lofty to Waterfall Gully and you could easily have a 4 minute single track with about 500m elevation. Pitty about the conservationists and politicians. So we are stuck with Stromlo for the time being, no a good representation though of what is / can be offered around Australia.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Location should change year to year and it would be nice it it came to WA now and then.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Stupid post! Like Farkin members are going to have a say in where the world cup round will be held. DO a Search, TheCat (I think) or Drew has explained the process for holding a World Cup round. I am guessing you mean the world cup round in 2010 because the Worlds this year is definately set in concrete.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think Thredbo, the track needs to be slightly changed more challenging I think. Having a 6:15minute (pro times) time track would be different to what the normal world cup 3-5minutes tracks are like, I would be voting Thredbo or Mt Buller, cause of a chairlift, the hill is nice, there is lots of parking and accommodation and facilities, despite what people complain if you rode it for the first time again as a pro, it would a great track I think, there is plenty of space for a village down below the chairlift on the mulch, and I have always liked Thredbo it feels like ma home track, just good vibes there. Not as close as Canberra but I think it would suite a world cup more, if they spent the money spent on Mt Stromlo making Thredbo better.....it could be easily a world cup park, but no avail national parks.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I think Thredbo, the track needs to be slightly changed more challenging I think. Having a 6:15minute (pro times) time track would be different to what the normal world cup 3-5minutes tracks are like, I would be voting Thredbo or Mt Buller, cause of a chairlift, the hill is nice, there is lots of parking and accommodation and facilities, despite what people complain if you rode it for the first time again as a pro, it would a great track I think, there is plenty of space for a village down below the chairlift on the mulch, and I have always liked Thredbo it feels like ma home track, just good vibes there. Not as close as Canberra but I think it would suite a world cup more, if they spent the money spent on Mt Stromlo making Thredbo better.....it could be easily a world cup park, but no avail national parks.
Only 1 small problem.......Snow! With that said, you could get alot of those portable snow blowers from the USA and clear ALL the snow off.

casey79

Likes Dirt
Only 1 small problem.......Snow! With that said, you could get alot of those portable snow blowers from the USA and clear ALL the snow off.
The Pietermaritzburg - South African World Cup this year is in the second week of April (3rd till the 12th). The old its "snowing when they race the world cups" is a bit redundant now.

Bring on Thredbo.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I vote anywhere that has the resources, backing and man power to pull it off....

Most of the places in the poll fail those three traits

LIAM?!

Banned
yep, the track has to be within an hour or something of an airport, which most of them dont achieve, story over red rover.