Old Hiddenvale, Trail Building Projects

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I'm a bit confussed, what sort of track is it? I thought fun XC, but I wouldn't like doing that drop off the boulders with my seat up XC stylee.
Good to see some quality work being done, and finnishing it as you go;)

haydz

Likes Bikes
The bridge, boulders and drop are the beginning of an intermediate/expert skills area. There will be more obstacles and stunts built. We also have another location a bit closer to the main trail head where we will build a beginner/intermediate area, suitable for everyone to improve their skills.

Last edited:

Daisy69

Likes Bikes
nice tracks

hey kudos on the trail building, id love to get in on the actoin when do u guys build an how often an will there be any dedicated dh or freeride tracks but ill build anything.

cj.

Likes Dirt
hey kudos on the trail building, id love to get in on the actoin when do u guys build an how often an will there be any dedicated dh or freeride tracks but ill build anything.

Hayden builds everyday. This isnt like a couple blokes building in the bush. He is a trail builder and they have a pretty good team out there working pretty much every day I think. And yes, I believe they are in the process of getting a double black diamond dh run in the mix.

Daisy69

Likes Bikes
yer i didnt think they were young kids dude, gatherd tht by the pics. so will do u know if the tracks could possibly support a dh race of some sort? is this place a dedicated mtb park? an yer if i can gather som more deatils myself along with a couple of other riders would be more thn happy to help out i cant speak for others but im alvailble most weekends really. its good to see some legal trails being built. well done

cj.

Likes Dirt
yer i didnt think they were young kids dude, gatherd tht by the pics. so will do u know if the tracks could possibly support a dh race of some sort? is this place a dedicated mtb park? an yer if i can gather som more deatils myself along with a couple of other riders would be more thn happy to help out i cant speak for others but im alvailble most weekends really. its good to see some legal trails being built. well done
To be honest man I dont really want to reveal too much over the internetz as I only have information from an outsiders point of view, I've only been giving hayden information on what to put in a sick dh track. I also am not associated with the project yet so I dont really feel I have the right to blab on about it. Just pm the guy who started this thread (hayden) and he will help you out for sure.

haydz

Likes Bikes
Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while, it's been a hectic couple of weeks. I would like to catch up with a few avid DH'ers and drive to the highest point of the property to scope out and mark a track! Just contact/PM me if you would like to be involved and we will work out a date. Cheers, Hayden

haydz

Likes Bikes
Highest point is 417m - along Ridge Ride, I want to link this to Dandy's (see trail map) the lowest point is 171m - just not sure of the total distance yet between those points.

haydz

Likes Bikes
We started another skills area this week, just a couple of little things needed to finish off these two features.

10m+ beginners balance beams, will have 3 exit options for different skill levels.

10m Chain Bridge - support heights of 2 1/2ft - 3 1/2ft, will armour both ends and tighten it all up Saturday - will be good to go Sunday!

Bluedog

Squid
Sweet Track...

Sweet trails guys - look really well constructed and great to ride (the rockwork looks very professional). Love to help but we're curently building our own trails in the Toowoomba area. The only downside with your trails is it appears you have to be members of the private MTB club to ride on the private property (can't afford two memberships a year). Do you have any open days to outsiders (besides race events)??:)

haydz

Likes Bikes
Thanks for all your comments!

The next Open Day is on the 5th of April, there will be demo bikes and displays. Bring your mates along and ride all of our trails and skills area's. It's $10 for a day pass - you can register here:

http://blingdayout.eventsbot.com

The last Open Day attracted over 220 riders - the place was pumping.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Nice, I've been thinking about how good it would be to do some building with Aussie hardwoods and its good to see that it looks pretty damn good.

More photos please.