DH Does anyone remember this?

The bike is now in restoration status, with all original parts I bought it with. Some parts are not in this pic like the boxxer pros and I have traded the handle bars, but I can get them back in due time.

Attachments

Ivan

Eats Squid
Good to see an old fisher still alive. I had a sit on one 11 years ago. A very unique bike you have there.

Sumo

Likes Dirt
It is so nice to see bikes appearing from 10 or so years ago. A classic beauty. Photos please when restoration is complete.

history piece

This is actually Michael Ronning 1 of a kind, built for him (please correct me if I'm wrong) but you can see it in the old MudCow movies.

not sure of the year, but I can find out. I'm the third owner of the beasty so it's not hard to track. I've had it for 5 years, when did the mudcow vids come out? Maybe Damienp can shed so light?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does the seat tube smack the very top of the shock? Seems to have reasonable amount of travel, but restricted by smashing into the lower half of the frame?

Sure is classic looking thats for sure.

no nothing smashes into anything, the design does actually work although primitive, but as I am only 5foot 9inches tall the seat is all the way down and as a consequence the seat post can only be 5-6 inches long. She has about 6 inches travel with three adjustment holes at either end of the shock to play with. I am planning to restore and hang on a wall somewhere.

condog

Likes Dirt
hooooooollllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ccrrraaappppppppp have a geez at that downtube!!!!!!!!!!!!! but apart from that cool bike hope you restore her and sell her for millions :D
another idea to make millions: selll the downtube to scrap metal. nah jokes. just cant get over how huge that thing is.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I met the owner of this one at Beechworth a few years back. He's from Melbourne , not sure if it's an ex pros ride though.

party76

Likes Dirt
these Gary fisher beasts were designed with michael ronnings input. they were considered the shit at the time! the bike from melbourne is closer to the orignal that ronning was riding in the year of1997. amb had a cover shot of him and this bike in action! hope this helps you both on these retro tanks of old.:D

ps. does any body remember the swiss cheese trek that scott sharples was riding at the same point in time? two very closley related bikes in deed.

Last edited:

Duckman

Likes Bikes
That is one hell of a bike look at that down tube :O... But you can never sell it, looks way too sexy, in a weird bike fetish kind of way.