Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Planning on being up there Tuesday again ... barring rain and missing keys. Prefer a tech-fest with infinitely more down then up :p ... likely my last mid week trip up until next stint of unemployment (but I've said that before)

I'll bring tools if its bucketing :).

Rod ... could I also check out some of your collection of rear wheels whilst I'm up there.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I think the tuesday plan is Saint Helinas, then coffee food break/refuel, then over the highway to do that loop we did when you lost your pivot bolt. Narrow the wheel options down, and I'll bring them, or you can come up after.

joey

Likes Dirt
I think the tuesday plan is Saint Helinas, then coffee food break/refuel, then over the highway to do that loop we did when you lost your pivot bolt. Narrow the wheel options down, and I'll bring them, or you can come up after.
So how about we meet at the start of the Oaks at 9am Tuesday?There's a train that leaves at 8 28am from Glenbrook up the mountain(so you can leave cars there 1st and get the train trip out of the way)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
cool with St H ... although it was a little overgrown last time I rode it ... almost a year ago ???

see youse at Glenbrook station or woody

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm out for Tuesday :( ... I feel pretty worn out and broken after SSing the Mont. Back sore, arse sore, legs sore, arms sore....etc etc

Need to do some work on the Trance too.... and I have no interest in hitting St Helena's on the SS.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you can borrow the bullit ... but then again I don't want to be linked to your sore arse :)
Thanks for the offer. Trance is okish.. needs some bits put back on and gunk cleared out everywhere... would spend the night doing it but just too wasted to bother...

...also its my daughter's Easter Hat parade tomorrow morning and that is too important to miss!!!

No Skid Marks

So can we get a list of who's coming, and where we're meeting(Glenbrook or Woodford)?

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Too buggered mate, too much racing, too much driving make Todd a dull boy, ah wait, that was before the weekend, what am i fugging talking about!:eek:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I'll be training it from Glenbrook ... so meet either GB or Woody stations ... 8.20 or 9ish respectively.

or if peeps wanna shuttle from GB then I'm happy to drive one of the legs ...

No Skid Marks

Fun ride today, thanks Nerf rider and Joey.
Joey and I are going up Lawsons long alley, then down Coxs then up lockiers, then down Lockiers tomorrow if anyones keen.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Cheers Joey/Rod ... was fun following you both ... would be one of my favourites except for the hike a bike at the end ... but your short cut is heaps better ... arms where stinging in the shower from all the whippage and man my leg hurts.

BTW you were right ... I was thinking all the drive home, I shoulda just stayed ... bah :)

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Joey and I are going up Lawsons long alley, then down Coxs then up lockiers, then down Lockiers tomorrow if anyones keen.
Mentally keen... physically no way :( Still need a few more days recovery.

Be interested in just how long it takes to do all that.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I'm with Mark, went out with my daughter this arvo and the legs have nothing in them!..Next week the fun starts, Alex and i are going to explore Manly Dam, Appin and maybe do an overnighter at North Avoca for some action at Ourimbah, accomodation free at beach on North Avoca!
Anybody want to join!
I need to book the holiday house!

No Skid Marks

Cheers Joey/Rod ... was fun following you both ... would be one of my favourites except for the hike a bike at the end ... but your short cut is heaps better ... arms where stinging in the shower from all the whippage and man my leg hurts.

BTW you were right ... I was thinking all the drive home, I shoulda just stayed ... bah :)
Hell yeah my arms stung also.
Don't feel bad, you made the right decision, I'm rooted now.
So we did St Hellinas then about a half lap of the Glenbrrok raff base tracks, I'm totally stuffed now, but am still going to do this ride tomorrow. We're not going until the early arvo, if anyone changes their mind and wants to come, it'll be a cruizy pace.

mtb1611

Seymour
What exactly are you guys planning over the coming fortnight? I'm out for the Easter break but then havce school hols until the 28th so am keen to tag along on a couple of rides.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I'm with Mark, went out with my daughter this arvo and the legs have nothing in them!..Next week the fun starts, Alex and i are going to explore Manly Dam, Appin and maybe do an overnighter at North Avoca for some action at Ourimbah, accomodation free at beach on North Avoca!
Anybody want to join!
I need to book the holiday house!
Sorry Todd ... I didn't read this first time round ... depending on when your hitting rimbah I maybe in ... (I think Saturday is still good next week ... but not 100%).

I suggest hitting up Red Hill instead of Manly Dam ... but its nicer with a guide ... 50:50 I may be able to come along (as I haven't got my contracts yet) let me know what Days Todd and I may be able to give you a tour of one of my favs.

Ben ... I find Tuesdays are prolly the best for most of the peeps ... but Mark (Mog) and Rodd (NSM) seem to ride every bloody day :p ... Best to just pick a day you can get up there and tag along to where ever they haven't ridden recently ... still haven't managed to get to Mt York

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I suggest hitting up Red Hill instead of Manly Dam ... but its nicer with a guide ... 50:50 I may be able to come along (as I haven't got my contracts yet) let me know what Days Todd and I may be able to give you a tour of one of my favs.
I think a few of us want to try Manly Dam as we have never done it... more out of reference rather than for its quality.

Really need to try Red Hill too though... could they both be done on the same day.

Ben ... I find Tuesdays are prolly the best for most of the peeps ... but Mark (Mog) and Rodd (NSM) seem to ride every bloody day :p ... Best to just pick a day you can get up there and tag along to where ever they haven't ridden recently ... still haven't managed to get to Mt York
Yeah Tuesday is often the best for all. NSM rides whenever he can and tends to only ride the really good stuff too. Todd is good Monday Tuesday... I've finally got some work on so will probably only be able to do quick morning sorties or be very local... can adapt somewhat for days.

I currently think any of the "quality" rides are pretty much ripe for the picking... Mt York, 6ft, Gelnbrook, Lawson.. etc