Official kentlyn thread

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
hey im more then happy to put a more stable jump there and maybe a bit further back ,as for the barrel i ate shit on it and a couple of others i spoke to decided to move it out for good,i think they should of spoke to the guys that built it before removing it...but i think a jump a bit further back would be awesome im up for that if its cool with all you guys,and respect to the guys that originally made it....thanks for givin us a place to ride

kemmis

Likes Dirt
hey im more then happy to put a more stable jump there and maybe a bit further back ,as for the barrel i ate shit on it and a couple of others i spoke to decided to move it out for good,i think they should of spoke to the guys that built it before removing it...but i think a jump a bit further back would be awesome im up for that if its cool with all you guys,and respect to the guys that originally made it....thanks for givin us a place to ride
If your taking orders, make it 1-1.5 metres further back from where it was. Good work on the maintainance. By the way, its Josh (glory dh1, neckbrace)

mtb1611

Seymour
Now you're talkin' ;) Must agree, the trails out there are sensational.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
yeah i know about the barrel i have spoken to some of the guys up there and there putting a jump where it was which might be better cause that barrel was a death trap, stop bitchin,start riding
I will admit the barrel was on occassions kicked around by passers by on the fire trail as it it only 10m in from it, as well as alot of other structures both dirt and wood, but when fixed it was a hoot. It took me 5 months to get the courage to hit it, but when I did I cleared the lander by a meter.
Not to say it's why someone pulled it out but don't change something because you can't hit it. All of the builders are on this forum so it only takes a few messages to get in contact with them and see what their opinions are of any changes you might suggest. You might even find some of us would be willing to come and lend a hand on a shovel:D
Also if any new riders are going to start building trails how about helping maintain the existing ones too. Scotty did some cleaning up of the berms on the main line today before I got there, GOOD JOB!!!
We have left a few shovels and rakes etc out there to do maintenance work from time to time so feel free to use them if you find them, but please don't take them home with you as I was told someone today was thinking about doing. Remember no tools no track work = crap trails

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
yeah i thought it might have been you mate(josh)
yeah i was thinking 2 m or so back maybe a bigger berm after the landing

Ando78

Likes Bikes
hay kemmis did you race 2day i sent you a sms adout a spin this avo but got nothin back we had a blast last weekend down bulli

kemmis

Likes Dirt
yeah i thought it might have been you mate(josh)
yeah i was thinking 2 m or so back maybe a bigger berm after the landing
Hey man 2m would be sick I was toneing down my request as a compromise for those who didnt want it the jump bigger than the original. I mean 2m back from where the original take off was, are we thinking along the same lines or do you mean 2m back from the lander. In other words I am thinking the old gap plus 2m would be sick. (hope that makes sense) As for the berm I rekcon leave it flat, everything out at kentlyn is to smooth and flowy as it is, flat corners are the go, they make it more fun and harder. (rider219 will definatley agree.. I think:p) Any way thats my idea, anyone else got ideas.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
WOW! i seen some lines there that i ride that dont even look the same what ever happened to the see-saw?

kemmis

Likes Dirt
hay kemmis did you race 2day i sent you a sms adout a spin this avo but got nothin back we had a blast last weekend down bulli
Who am I speaking to? haha I am sure I know you. I didn't have a race this weekend. I was at a car show and forgot my phone. Sorry.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
yeah josh 2m from where the barrel used to be, im more than happy to do work up there its also good to hear what you guys want so im not just thinking of myself,i shall be in contact on here with you guys when you free to build im always keen

CraigS

Likes Dirt
WOW! i seen some lines there that i ride that dont even look the same what ever happened to the see-saw?
The see-saw was smashed up by some disgruntled person/people about 12 months ago. Used to be fun, we don't go past the top of it anymore as it's pretty flat and boring beyond it now and it just means you have further to walk back up too:eek:

Ando78

Likes Bikes
its scotty wit da santacruze
ye i made the seesaw but someone trashed it three times so i let it R,I,P

Last edited:

kemmis

Likes Dirt
Hahaha yeah mate, just checked my phone and realised who it was. The name Ando threw me haha. Sorry about that man. Good ride?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Why don't we make this the OFFICIAL KENTLYN THREAD so all correspondence can go through the same thread. Yeah Yeah, rename the thread title so people know where to go. Kentlyn is too well known now to try and keep it secret.

kemmis

Likes Dirt
yeah josh 2m from where the barrel used to be, im more than happy to do work up there its also good to hear what you guys want so im not just thinking of myself,i shall be in contact on here with you guys when you free to build im always keen
Sick, shotty being test guinea pig.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Why don't we make this the OFFICIAL KENTLYN THREAD so all correspondence can go through the same thread. Yeah Yeah, rename the thread title so people know where to go. Kentlyn is too well known now to try and keep it secret.
dont want to sound like a dumb cunt but how do i do that haha