Official kentlyn thread

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
menai sunday maybe craig went there on saturday was awesome just wish kentlyn had some stuff like that ,they have some new stuff out there to.
has anyone been building up kentlyn lately?im goin up to sweep off an old track this saturday sometime and add some new stuff to the track that runs off crank it that i started a while back,dont worry guys i will be making a B line for the XC guys.
also has anyone ever thought about building those jumps up down the bottom remember where the big roll in was like say 5 year ago now was thinking we need some big jumps up there and this weekend i may put a jump were the barrel was if everyone is ok with that, let me know
cheers

Last edited:

scuba05

Likes Dirt
As a regular rider out in kentlyn, i guess i should say a few things on here. I ride out there with adtee23 and a few other mates.

I have been caught out and seen many trees across the tracks in the most inopportune places, which have to be deliberatly placed. After speaking to adam(adtee23), he said that some of the riders from the high school had seen some poeople of arabic decent out there with axes or such, which can be obviously seen as weapons, so be sure that you arent putting yourself in danger by approaching them. Try do it with a few other riders or such.

Also, i can see someone has started to name some of the trails, which is an excellent idea, because we all refer to them along different names, which can become quite confusing, and difficult to give directions or locations of places that need repairs etc. So keep that up.

Oh and by the way, im Steve. I used to ride the 08 Creamish Manic with orange rims, which has now been replaced with an 09 aline in green, so say gday if i see you out on the trails.

Keep up the great building and trail maitenance, il try doing my little bit to continue to progress the area. It has come a long way since when i started riding.

Yeahyeah, re above; go for your life putting a barrell in there, as long as it is stable and a b-line for those who dont want to hit it. Its not my trail, but just giving you an opinion.

Last edited:

adtee23

Likes Bikes
Thinking about doing an early session at Menai this Sunday. Is anyone interested in coming out??? I haven't been out there for about 6 weeks so keen to hit some gaps again. It's one thing we don't have at Kentlyn but thats mainly because there's no good dirt to build with:(
yep sadly too much sand in kentlyn, there is some durt to be found but pretty rare!!!!

ps nice to see you back in here scuba...

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Also, i can see someone has started to name some of the trails, which is an excellent idea, because we all refer to them along different names, which can become quite confusing, and difficult to give directions or locations of places that need repairs etc. So keep that up.

Keep up the great building and trail maitenance, il try doing my little bit to continue to progress the area. It has come a long way since when i started riding.

Yeahyeah, re above; go for your life putting a barrell in there, as long as it is stable and a b-line for those who dont want to hit it. Its not my trail, but just giving you an opinion.
That was me with the signs, sorry about the lame attempt at the pictures:eek:
I think what they have done at Menai is great with signage so I thought why not do some at Kentlyn.
As for the Barrell run or as someone has now named it "Cannonball Run" (and it wasn't me), go for it with the gap. It used to be a great little gap jump. Keep it about the size it used to be as you do come into it on a flat section so it is not a high speed area.
We are heading out to Menai this Sunday for a DH session ofr those who want to join us. If you haven't been there before come along and be amazed at the effort the guys out there put in. Great trails.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
That was me with the signs, sorry about the lame attempt at the pictures:eek:
I think what they have done at Menai is great with signage so I thought why not do some at Kentlyn.
Who cares about the lameness, lets just try get some consistency, cause there's nothing like agreeing on a trail to ride with mates, and ending up at completely the wrong place:p Keep it up if you have more cauflute (sp?)

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Who cares about the lameness, lets just try get some consistency, cause there's nothing like agreeing on a trail to ride with mates, and ending up at completely the wrong place:p Keep it up if you have more cauflute (sp?)
Got plenty of it at work. If anyone wants to name their trails let me know and I will asked my mate (toddles13) who's a graphic designer if he can whip up something that looks good with the track name on it. We should also do what the guys at Menai do and have a designated spot to leave tools etc so anyone doing trail work can use shovels etc but we will need to keep them hidden. Perhaps a box dug into the ground and covered so you virtually walk over it and not realise it's there. Or just hid them somewhere off the trails so "other" people don't find them. I've had my shovels/rakes etc used and not put back and it took months for us to find them again, very frustrating.

Newts

Likes Dirt
As I stated on Sunday, I am in if i have a hang over or not. Wade is not sure. Wants to get a ride in before heading out to Menai. I will have to convince him not to worry about it (First ride in 3 months). Are we having a 6.30 depature time?

YeahYeah are you an old BMXr from Camden? If so I met a couple of your mates last night. Had a quick ride from home and got to the jumps at dusk.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
yeah mate am an old bmx rider but not from camden born and raised in leumeah ,i know alot of riders from out that way though but dont really know the new generation of younger guys i used to ride with the guys that built the trails out there biffo and ando.still ride bmx but im kinda over it mtb was the better option:)

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Council carves new trails :)

Walking the dogs this arvo and find the council has carved out about a solid 2km of brand spanking new single trail!!!! The reason Isay council is due to the scale of it all. All done by machinery. once bedded in it should be sweet i just dont know why they did it.

Anyone one have info on this?

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Walking the dogs this arvo and find the council has carved out about a solid 2km of brand spanking new single trail!!!! The reason Isay council is due to the scale of it all. All done by machinery. once bedded in it should be sweet i just dont know why they did it.

What section is it near? 2km is huge!:)

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ran into WCP on said trail this morning.

It's actually a fire break. The bush fire guys are doing a series of controlled burns along the eastern side of PM creek from Old Kent Rd to PM Rd. I'd avoid the area today as trucks were arriving as I was riding through.

Could be a good prospect for another sweet flowing singletrack for that part of the creek. Have to wait and see what it's like after the burnoff.:D

Cheers,
Michael (CBG).

Last edited:

adtee23

Likes Bikes

a mate volunteers at kentlyn fire service and they have been back burning and clearing trails all week!

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
What section is it near? 2km is huge!:)
follow trail start from darling and instead of taking the techy descent to lead to the PM firetrail, follow track right up the gradual climb. track will be on your right and will take you all the way back to old kent rd. Maybe good to wait a few days. Happy to catch up for a mid week night ride if you like.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cool, i'm pretty sure i know where it is. I might be good for Tuesday or Thursday afternoon/evening. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon.:)

Newts

Likes Dirt
a mate volunteers at kentlyn fire service and they have been back burning and clearing trails all week!

I was driving down Narellan road at 11.00 on Sunday, heading to Bunnings, sidetracked after seeing the smoke bellowing. Went out to see where the fire was. Not knowing of the back burning.
Will the XC course be extended now? 2km of fire trail is at least 3 km of technical single track.

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
I was driving down Narellan road at 11.00 on Sunday, heading to Bunnings, sidetracked after seeing the smoke bellowing. Went out to see where the fire was. Not knowing of the back burning.
Will the XC course be extended now? 2km of fire trail is at least 3 km of technical single track.
There are 3 main parts to the new section... none of it would be classified as Fire trail. All up it reads about 2km on the odo.
Section 1 is all new.. leads into Section 2 which is existing single that wasnt overly used but they have cleaned up.
3rd section is all new until the end where it joins some single track that leads to Old Kent Rd.

A small amount of work is required at a one techy descent and one techy climb to make it all rideable .

It essentially runs parallel to the existing single track and it can be incorporated into a loop quite easily. I rode it in both directions on Sat and have formed an idea for how best to ride it, but each to their own

Confused ? : )

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Just spent an hour or so out there doing some trail work on this new section. It has worn in quickly from the fire brgde on sunday which made life easy. All the main trail including the existing trail itjoins into should now be pretty quick and flowy without anything really techy to scare off the less confident.

Be interesting to see how it handles traffic

Sorry for the double post PS3 wont let me save edit to last post

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I won't be able to make it this week. The Nomad is gone and the gears are stuffed on the Anthem and i need to get it fixed for Saturday.:(